Street Fighter 4!

Thane

[09] Warrior
So I was just wondering...

Who else is excited about this game!?!

Personally I can't wait. This is going to be awesome.

In other SFs I play Sagat, Ken, Claw and Dictator. I hope they all make the transition well. I know that the game is out in arcades but the closest SF4 machine to my hometown is in Seattle. Thats a 5-6 hour drive at least. So Im desperately waiting for the consle edition.

I've said it a few times already and my friends frown on me for it but meh.

BlazBlue is the next big 2D fighter for me personally. SF4 will hold me over until BB gets released on consoles. Once BB comes out on console, I'll barely be touching SF4.

I'm currently at a lose as to who I'll pick up in SF4 though. According to gootecks's "Transition from 3S to IV" guide, Abel would be the best pick since I play Makoto in 3S. But I hate Abel's character design, lulz. I was thinking of trying C. Viper. However, since Cammy is on console, I'll just use her since I've always used her in ST.

PS; I'm pretty sure this belongs in the Gaming Discussion forum and I'm also sure there is a SF4 thread there too.

I've said it a few times already and my friends frown on me for it but meh.

BlazBlue is the next big 2D fighter for me personally. SF4 will hold me over until BB gets released on consoles. Once BB comes out on console, I'll barely be touching SF4.

I'm currently at a lose as to who I'll pick up in SF4 though. According to gootecks's "Transition from 3S to IV" guide, Abel would be the best pick since I play Makoto in 3S. But I hate Abel's character design, lulz. I was thinking of trying C. Viper. However, since Cammy is on console, I'll just use her since I've always used her in ST.

PS; I'm pretty sure this belongs in the Gaming Discussion forum and I'm also sure there is a SF4 thread there too.

Where might I find this guide?

I can't wait for this to drop. I play it now and then at the arcade.

Speaking of SF, anyone excited about SSF2T HDR which drops next week?

Actually I dislike this game almost completely, Most of the roster is filled with worthless characters and

There is no DeeJay.

I have been waiting nine years and still nothing, yet they bring.

Sakura
Gen
Rose
Gouken
Vega(dictator)
And the worthless new characters that are not even needed.

I just don't get why it's so cool to just throw characters in the trash.

The only people that I have intrest in this game for are my mains.
Rose
Ken
and
Dan

I have never hated Capcom so much. But they did redeem themselves with TvC, it was a nice change of pace to see Volnut and Joe, even Saki as playable characters. They made it all the more better.

Heaven forbid Capcom introduce new characters in a fighting game...

I'm all for new characters, if their designs are appealing. This is the one of the reasons I like 3S. It featured a practically entirely new cast of characters and just about all of them I found to be relatively interesting.

All of the new challengers in IV, however, look ridiculous. I have no idea what Capcom was thinking when they were designing Rufus. A fat American? The guys at Namco did a much better job with Bob in T6. El Fuerte? El Blaze of VF5 would like to have a word with him. Abel's physical design has nothing to it at all and his bio just makes him look even more bland. C. Viper is the only one of the 4 that I'm remotely attracted to design wise, but she can lose those silly glasses. It's as if Capcom half assed the design of the new characters so that the original cast of SF2 get most of the attention.

Keep in mind, I'm only talking about the characters and their physical designs, not gameplay designs.

Yeah ok

Fat Guy and Wacky Luchadore out of place in game with crazy green monster, sumo wrestler with flying headbutt as signature move and a rubber hindu as original characters

The only new character that I think doesn't mesh well with the roster at all is C.Viper

but for the most part I think SF4 has the best roster of any Street Fighter game ever.

There's something there for everyone and the gameplay seems to cater to the interests of both ST and 3rd strike players(Whom, like the games, are like night and day)

So all and all I'm really really excited for this game

Because 3s didn't have any weird characters? Lol, just noticed that El Fuerte's VA is Daisuke Ono.

Because 3s didn't have any weird characters? Lol, just noticed that El Fuerte's VA is Daisuke Ono.

More like wacky. SF3 had a more serious theme than 2. Which is why alot of 3rd strike players hate alot of the characters in 2(And subsequently, 4) because they're alot more cartoonish

At least that's based on the constant argument I've seen from numerous 3rd strike players

They get mad at the "joke" characters like Street Fighter was supposed to have this serious feel in the first place

I mean I used to like 3rd strike and it's characters more than 2 as well, but that might as well not even been a street fighter with how much was changed.

and after seeing so much of SF4, I actually prefer the feel and style of 2 more than 3.

It may not have had a serious feel in the beginning but Capcom moved the series along to give it one. I'd say if the serious tone started anywhere it would have been the Alpha/Zero series (with Dan to serve as the obvious comic relief).

However, I will say that even when I was younger, I never played with Blanka, Dhalsim, or E. Honda because I never liked those characters. I played the shotos, chun, and dictator until Super Street Fighter 2 came and I proceeded to use Cammy.

To be perfectly honest, the 2D fighter that really grabbed me into 2D fighting was GGX2. Before then, I only really preferred 3D.

The only new character I am okay with is Abel. Other than that I am not a fan of the new characters in SF4. It would be nice if Capcom put new characters that you would actually want to play. They couldn't think of anyone better than Rufus and El Fuerte? Other than that, the console will have a great roster when it releases. It would have been nice to have seen DeeJay in the game or maybe someone or a few from 3S but whatever. The gameplay makes up for the few dislikes that I have about SF4.

Lol

I kind of want to play Rufus. Only thing keeping me away is that apparently he's a really cheesy character

And I was interested in Fuerte until I heard more about his actual gameplay, which sounds like it isn't something I'd like playing.

and I know alot of people that play C.Viper at arcades, so Capcom must be doing something right with character designs.

but of the new characters, Abel is definitely the guy I want to play the most. but that's because of his gameplay reminding me of SNK grab characters(Chaining grabs, goro command roll)

That's why I like the roster. No one is going to like everyone on it. I personally hate Sakura and Cammy as character designs and find them uninteresting from a gameplay standpoint, but they have strong fanbases that feel the same way towards some characters I play.

So there seems to be something for everyone's taste in the roster, and I appreciate that.

Back