Super Smash Bros Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Smash is hitting forward and attack at the same time, tilt is holding forward and attacking, dash attack is slamming forward to dash then attacking. If it's easier you can hold the stick only partially forward(or whichever direction) to tilt.

I do find the controls on the DS are kinda bad when it comes to tilts/smashes. I had to drop Robin because I could get his smash attacks in mid air (if you do an air smash with Robin he switches to Levin Sword), plus I couldn't see his book flashing on the DS screen and I suck with him. I didn't realise how much I liked my C-stick :(

Currently using Zelda, but I have trouble getting the exact direction I want on her 16 direction teleport. But despite the controls, I'm loving the game so far.

I know it's too early to call this kinda stuff, but damn, Rosaluma is OP.

Movement in general isn't all that great on the 3DS stick; as is to be expected with a nearly flat stick. I find that trying to Dash Dance doesn't always work well, and getting side B instead of up B when trying to get back to the stage can be a real pain in the ass.

Smash is hitting forward and attack at the same time, tilt is holding forward and attacking, dash attack is slamming forward to dash then attacking. If it's easier you can hold the stick only partially forward(or whichever direction) to tilt.

Know that., that and that. Can't do that due the intensity of the matches sometimes, and even when I do move it slightly, the controls lacks the sort of precision that's kinda necessary.

Explain please.
The fact that Luma serves as a shield AND an attacker is kinda silly. Since he has his own hitbox, he only needs to stand in front of her to block projectiles and stuff. You have to be constantly aware that you're fighting two characters to avoid getting smashed by Luma. Also, she's ridiculous when she has Luma, what with the damage, range and active frames. Oh, and you can't really grab her either, since Luma will just smash you if you do.

Her off-stage game is decent too (d air without Luma spikes, while d air and b air with Luma launch horizontally) since she has amazing recovery and is floaty enough to stay off-stage for a long time. And you have starbits edge guarding for characters with shitty recovery.

Yeah, I appreciate that she's light and has a large hitbox, and that she's a little weaker when you kill Luma, but the respawn period really isn't that long and it's not like she's helpless without him. My main concern is that she's one of them iceberg characters, and the real BS hasn't been discovered yet (like Viola doom combos or Ice Climbers chain grabs).

Actually, a couple of new things have been discovered recently:
1) With Luma's help, she can grab downed opponents.
2) Lol, infinites.

got this a few days ago and im really enjoying it. i haven't played it online yet so i'm not sure how well it plays there. i've been fiddling around with rosalina/luma and zero suit samus. took me forever to learn that luma can be charged for the normal special atk, hits like a truck at full charge.

Know that., that and that. Can't do that due the intensity of the matches sometimes, and even when I do move it slightly, the controls lacks the sort of precision that's kinda necessary.
I wouldn't say the controls lack the precision for it, it's just more awkward and uncomfortable than anything. As for it being difficult in the intensity of matches, are you playing 4 player free for alls or 1v1s or 2v2s? Because when it comes to free for alls yeah they are super chaotic. I've mostly played 1v1s. Haven't really played 2v2s in this game yet because I would want to team with a real friend and not some random guy.

I've been trying out the Miis, and as far as I'm concerned, this seems to be the best setup for Brawler:

B: (1)Shot Put/(2)Ultimate Uppercut. It's essentially a decent projectile vs a strong kill move- but Brawler already has a lot of kill moves, so I personally go for Shot Put. Ultimate Uppercut suffers from having no knockback in the air(It's a weaker version of Mac's KO punch as a chargeable move).

Side B: Honestly, I don't see any of the customs holding a candle to the standard move (1)Onslaught. It's an excellent roll punish that can kill rather early(depending on the character, it kills under 100%) It also clanks with projectiles.

Up B: (3)Piston Punch. It has great killing power, but especially so if you can catch a character on a high platform or in the air- I've done kills at 40% like that. It also has more vertical revovery than the similar but weaker Hurricane Kick

Down B: (2)Feint Jump. Easily the best Down B- it offers recovery and mindgames(you can do a kick in any direction during the feint).
Foot Flurry is a less powerful but less punishable Onslaught on the ground, but it's not as good in the air. It's redundant with, and outdone by the Side B. Head-On Assault is just bad- very easy to punish, hard to hit with, and to get any mileage out of it at all, the opponent must be grounded when it hits.

Also, I figure I might as well mention that Marth and Lucina's strongest sets(according to the Marth section on Smashboards) seem to be:
B: (3)Assault Dash
Side B: (1)Dancing Blade
Up B: (3)Dolphin High Jump
Down B: (1)Counter/(3)Iai Counter

This explains my Smash Bros.
10712776_866929233340488_7578597405655060301_n.png

But yeah Shulk is my main. Im kinda nooby but if anyone wants to play pm me or something ^^

A couple of you might have caught wind of this already, but the ultra spammy rolls and dodges combined with shield strength kinda makes the game unfun and overly defensive when people are legit trying to win. Or even in a casual setting where repeated rolls and dodges are stupidly hard to catch for the average player.

I just pick Rosalina, ZSS, and Sheik though so I have a good chance of actually getting around that garbage, but forced character choice isn't my idea of fun.

Anyway, for the Rosalina lovers/haters, some Luma Warp tech in potato-vision because cheap 3DS recordings.

Also, the Final Destination in this game has a less-than-subtle Soul Embrace motif:
800px-SSB4_WII_U_Final-Destination.jpg

Last edited:
Back