sWoRD LoRD vs. ATL_R3DD vidz

sWoRD_LoRD

[09] Warrior
first a disclaimer for these matches. This is the first time either of us had played each other so I was not totally prepared for all the stuff this man was gonna do. Now, I know there are about 4 things he does a whole lot (namely 44A,B and the overhead guard crush move) that I wasn't guard impacting, that I would guard impact every single time now.
As for ATL_R3DD, he's more used to playing online (I think he does play offline a bit also tho), and he's used to the timing on an hd tv (with lag) so he couldn't do the B+K just frame consistently on my tv. There's about 15 vidz, I'll upload them individually later, but for now, watch these 3 matches cause I think they're the most entertaining of the bunch.
what do yall think?
Maxi vs. Maxi mirror 1/2 (I'm the red one)

Lizardman vs. Maxi

Xianghua vs. Maxi 1/3

for the rest of the vids
http://www.youtube.com/user/hammertlme

entertaining vids. A shitload of lot missed opportunities and mistakes (for both sides) in the maxi vs maxi though. Redd outplayed u. His antimaxi, is better than your antimaxi.
Punish WS A severely
Stop eating 3+K so much, it's pretty slow
Step up your basics

play more maxi please :) very entertaining stuff

Good stuff screw the "missed shit" that vid was downright entertaining

btw was that a dante/Vergil costumes

yoooo Sword, I realized that it's not my tv that wuz lagging. it's urz bro. So we doin this shit at my house next time lol

n upa yea it wuz

I got some vids of my maxi vs unique's kilik coming soon, so you know it's gonna be seriousssss

i can't tell if you're serious or joking. I have a regular tv, you have an hd tv. Every hd tv I've played on lags and pisses me off, every regular tv I've played on is fine. hd tv's have a slow refresh rate or somethin like that so you'd have to have one of the real expensive ones with higher speed to counter that. If you want to compete in a couple tournaments or whatever, it'd be best for u to continue to get ur timing down on a regular tv, cause you won't see an hd tv unless it's at a really shitty tourney.

Well i wuz talkin 2 lostintime about it and he wuz telling me that SC is supposed 2 b played at 720p. He said the lag is created when the game is played on 420i, and i knew it just didn't feel right when i was playing at your house.

ATL_R3dd: I posted this in your thread asking about 480i vs 720p, just copied and pasted it here....

Yeah my bad ATL, I didn't explain what I was saying fully...probably cuz we were in the middle of a bunch of games. Cha Cha is right that SDTVs don't have any lag, those play 480i at all times anyways. It's when you try to play SC4 in 480i on an 1080i/720p HDTV or 1080p HDTV that causes lag, because the TV has to scale the image from it's native resolution of 1080p or 1080i down to 480i. Some HDTVs take longer than others to do this down scaling and that's where the varying degrees of lag come in between the different brands of TVs.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, SDTVs are in fact the best ones to use because they have absolutely zero lag.....shitty graphics but zero lag.

hd tvs lag? whoa, i didn't eve know that ish
Mine doesn't though...hmm this is interesting...i probably have a really good one yay me! :)

SC looks so different on HD tv, it's like a totally different game visually

hotnikkelz: the lag is minimal, pretty much unnoticeable on most newer HDTVs. As long as you play the game closest to your TVs native resolution it shouldn't be a problem. Trying to play SC4 with composite imputs (480i) on an HDTV with a native resolution of 1080p, the lag would be more noticeable then....some brands of TVs moreso than others.

There are some HDTV sets out there that output with input lag on par with CRTs. Any of the Sony sets that use the WCG-CCFL panel for example.

Back