[Sydney, Australia] Version 4.0

yo

zuzu: havent been online on live. The last time I played SC was probably 2 wks ago at charlies. Given sem break is coming soon, sure there will be chance to slip in for SC.

Luke: That vid of Lambda is beasty. Despite the comments mention that 6K combo is screen situational, it doesnt look as hard as it seems. And ppl really have to barrier the 236C to spare the pain train. :S
Cresent Loop combo into 4K dmg, ouch... Whats with BBCS loops....Ara curse loop, tao taunt loop, litchi staff loop. Being an Arakune beginner, I am terribly disturbed as this is already a bad matchup for him.

yeah i recon once you get cresent sabre down it shouldnt be to hard, i actually saw a vid of another player using 214a (the gravity thing) in the middle of the combo to help him get into position for the 6a cresent loop. wish i still knew where that vid was cause its not on any combo list ive seen.

on another note, got a new wireless stick woohoo!

those loop combo's are crazy, i think ranga has one also, i think you can pick up a person at least 3-4 times off the ground in a corner. but fuck that cause the dash from the ground pickup is nasty hard (least for me) so i wont be doing that any time soon. i could be wrong about that tho but pretty sure i saw a vid of someone doing it.

i thought there was at least a frame or 2 leeway... guess not ... poeple must spend crazy amounts of time practicing that shit. fuck that.

Hey all, my name is Tom and I'm dying to play some soul calibur 4 against some new human opponents, I'm sure I don't need to tell you how difficult this can be by trying to enter quick matches with Americans. My playstation username is TomosanLDO, feel free to add me if you want to play some sc.

Hi Tom,
Unfortunately the SC4 scene kinda died down a bit in feb/mar after the WGC. I'm not even sure how many people still play SC4 in Sydney. I can give you a couple of games but as the resident Hilde player - chances are you will rage.

@ Tomucci- BAM (Battle Arena Melbourne) is the where this year's Australian Nationals for SC4 will be held (October 2nd and 3rd). Its an offline gathering where we hope to get 25-30++ players competing for prize money and a trophy. The details are in the tournament announcement section or at Couchwarriors.org. If you can make it and would like to meet some fine folks, contact me and ill give you more details.

@ Zuzu- you coming to BAM? You better be!

i wish i could engared. ive already had a no on the go to BAM from my parents but i seriously want to go but im not going to pass up on this opportunity to play SC over there. we'll see. is there anyone else from sydney going?

Sounds like heaps of fun, I might be able to go, what quality of fighter would I be fighting? Is there a way to gauge whether or not I'm up to tournament standards? I've seen some tournament fights on youtube, some I wasn't really impressed with, and some look like they're totally leet. Do I need to be able to consecutively score perfects on CPU edgemaster? Is there a ps3 user here who could test me? I use Astaroth and Cassandra, I also have a friend I play on weekends that's good with Cervantes and Kilik.

@tomucci-Yeah its in Melbourne btw in case you didnt realize. So buy your tickets asap for you and your friend. We'll give you details of lodging etc. Ive got 1 maybe two people staying round my place so we'll have to organise something. The standard will be high but at the same time if you know your stuff, you will finish at least in the top 15 (out of 32 hopefully). Hope you guys will be there.

@Zuzu- Make sure you come! Not played you yet and this will be the best time to do so. A whole weekend of SC4 haha

@LG- Davo should be coming. Spoke to Runis yesterday and he said that Davo, Luke and himself are coming. Chris is trying to make it. We also have a surprise guest from Singapore who will be there.

Me and Davo,
Clement called me last night showing interest, told him to call you for accommodation stuffs.

Yeah i spoke to him. Ill confirm with him tmrw.

@ZUZU- this will most likely be the last Soul Calibur tournament in Australia ever (SC5 doesnt look like its going to get made). If you miss out, there might not be an opportunity to in the future.

i know engared i know. i just dont have the money to stay there. i really wish i could go though. i wish i was into SC4 when it first began. ive only versed runis, davo and charlie which has given me an idea of what i would expect if i was versing you and everyone in melbourne. they can tell you pretty much how good/bad i am. will you be recording the tournament? i would love to see the last tournament of SC4! blah i might make a compilation of tira soon to replace my non attendance

Not coming... I've been playing a lot of a different SC... go Starcraft 2.

Davo: No pressure. But seriously, you better win. That way Sydney keeps the title.

Back