Talim in SCVI: Move Study & Analysis

Apparently AS A can enter stance on hit, block, AND whiff. So I wonder what the frames of a blocked AS A are and if she can avoid punishment by transitioning

If I recall correctly, you can AS over Siegfried if he tries to WS B and either go for AS (K) or back turn mix ups.

@Eclair @ZeroEffect317 @Kayane and anyone else who played Talim during the beta.

Hey guys, so I'm working with a YouTube content creator called @Scallywag-93 to make beginner introductions guides for SC6 and one of the videos that's being worked on is a introduction profile of each character to hopefully get it out near or on release date.

Looking just to get abit of info from you guys aswell to ensure the Talim part of the video is accurate.

I appreciate you have had limited time with her but if you could please answer these questions as best as you can (doesn't have to be in detail)

1. Her stand out strengths?
2. Her stand out weakness?
3. Any important stand out moves and why these are important?
4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

Thanks again.

I can answer the easy ones.
1. She’s small (a + & -) & fast.
If the opponent doesn’t know her moves she can be a heap of trouble.
2. Because she’s small she doesn’t have mich reach/range. This makes it more difficult against opponents who have long ranges. Big opponents can kill her w/a few hits & even their blocked blows may push Talim out of range.
3. I’ve always loved 22_88A. Can RO, 360 coverage, kinda fast & for me her signature move.

@Eclair @ZeroEffect317 @Kayane and anyone else who played Talim during the beta.

Hey guys, so I'm working with a YouTube content creator called @Scallywag-93 to make beginner introductions guides for SC6 and one of the videos that's being worked on is a introduction profile of each character to hopefully get it out near or on release date.

Looking just to get abit of info from you guys aswell to ensure the Talim part of the video is accurate.

I appreciate you have had limited time with her but if you could please answer these questions as best as you can (doesn't have to be in detail)

1. Her stand out strengths?
2. Her stand out weakness?
3. Any important stand out moves and why these are important?
4. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of execution?
5. Easy/Intermediate/Hard in terms of gameplan and complexity?
6. Overall archtype / what kind of player the character will suit?

Thanks again.
hmm. some of these are actually tough without knowing frames, lol. But here goes nothing.

1. Strengths: Mobility, Evasion, Heavy string pressure & mixup game
2. Weaknesses: Range
3. Stand out moves:
-- A,A string series (multiple enders for mixups. can enter stances after)
-- 22_88A (sidestep/TC/KND/RO & can enter stances)
-- Wind Fury B,B (High dmg punish from stance. RO/Wallsplat from far away)
-- Wind Fury A (TC. Mid-ranged. Low horizontal. Gives combos on hit & safe on block. Can be cancelled)
4. Execution Curve: Easy-Intermediate
5. Complexity Curve: Intermediate-Hard
6. Overall Archetype: Players who like to fight up close and mix up, and who also enjoy having freedom of movement and creativity

Side Note: I'm not sure if you're asking for MY perspective on Talim's execution and complexity, or just for the perspective of someone who may not need to know all the little aspects of her game for casual play.

If it's the former, Execution = Intermediate / Complexity = Hard
If it's the latter, Execution = Easy / Complexity = Intermediate

hmm. some of these are actually tough without knowing frames, lol. But here goes nothing.

1. Strengths: Mobility, Evasion, Heavy string pressure & mixup game
2. Weaknesses: Range
3. Stand out moves:
-- A,A string series (multiple enders for mixups. can enter stances after)
-- 22_88A (sidestep/TC/KND/RO & can enter stances)
-- Wind Fury B,B (High dmg punish from stance. RO/Wallsplat from far away)
-- Wind Fury A (TC. Mid-ranged. Low horizontal. Gives combos on hit & safe on block. Can be cancelled)
4. Execution Curve: Easy-Intermediate
5. Complexity Curve: Intermediate-Hard
6. Overall Archetype: Players who like to fight up close and mix up, and who also enjoy having freedom of movement and creativity

Side Note: I'm not sure if you're asking for MY perspective on Talim's execution and complexity, or just for the perspective of someone who may not need to know all the little aspects of her game for casual play.

If it's the former, Execution = Intermediate / Complexity = Hard
If it's the latter, Execution = Easy / Complexity = Intermediate
I really appreciate this thanks guys you've answered great and any others are welcome to give there answers also

This is an example of what usually happens when trying to use the reverse kick on a read. Clipped from @GranmasGotGame beta stream. @Fuzzieviking

Oof, yeah, imo it's kind of weird that the move still exists if getting over an oppoenant is intended to be that rare. it'd be intersting if they could figure out a way to differentiate between a stunned state and neutral, allowing her A+B to still work in that combo, and allow (K) a little more functionality.

As it stands the move seems a little more awkward if nothing else.

So recently, people have been stating that using "AS" for "Air Sault" as opposed to "Wind Sault" gets confusing. (Some even claiming AS belongs to Angel Step for Sophitia...)

As far as I know, AS was only put in place because "WS" stood for "While Standing" which was put in place because "While Rising" and Taki's "Wind Roll" stance shared the same abbreviation "WR". Even looking through the threads here, some of us, myself included, were confused with the changing nottaion confusing WS with "While Standing"

So let's say, for the sake of argument, we needed a new notation for Windsault. What if we started using "WNS" instead?
- WNS A for Windsault A
- WNS B for Windsault B
and so on.

Would that work for you guys? Or would you rather things just stay as they are?

Last edited:
So recently, people have been stating that using "AS" for "Air Sault" as opposed to "Wind Sault" gets confusing. (Some even claiming AS belongs to Angel Step for Sophitia...)

As far as I know, AS was only put in place because "WS" stood for "While Standing" which was put in place because "While Rising" and Taki's "Wind Roll" stance shared the same abbreviation "WR". Even looking through the threads here, some of us, myself included, were confused with the changing nottaion confusing WS with "While Standing"

So let's say, for the sake of argument, we needed a new notation for Windsault. What if we started using "WNS" instead?
- WNS A for Windsault A
- WNS B for Windsault B
and so on.

Would that work for you guys? Or would you rather things just stay as they are?
How many people say While Standing instead of While Rising? If it's just the taki boards we could say While Rising and just use WS for Wind Sault. Let the Taki guys come up with their own acronym lol.

There's going to be a lot of new players coming in so we should use the same notation the game does as often as possible.

How many people say While Standing instead of While Rising? If it's just the taki boards we could say While Rising and just use WS for Wind Sault. Let the Taki guys come up with their own acronym lol.

There's going to be a lot of new players coming in so we should use the same notation the game does as often as possible.
That's the issue though. A lot of people in different character forums use "WS" for While Standing. We definitely can't use WS for Windsault cause that'll cause confusion. And in the past, Windsault was notated on this forum as Airsault "AS"

My suggestion for "WNS" was made to avoid new players coming here and asking what "AS" means when the game clearly says "Windsault".

Is anybody usin WS for while standing anymore (maybe we don’t have to change)?

I’m also for makin it simple for new playas.

Is anybody usin WS for while standing anymore (maybe we don’t have to change)?

I’m also for makin it simple for new playas.
Not sure exactly how many people use it, but I've seen it enough to where even I get confused for a second if someone says WS A for Windsault A, lol.

I thought the ws always stood for while standing... I ve seen it used in other games too like tekken and while I have seen wr as an alternative here (im not sure if its only the Talim forums though tbh) it is a bit confusing and i took me a few moments to realize what it meant

Back