Talim Video Archive

All my stuff is fully updated, just got the newest Safari update too.
Looks like Safari asks if it's OK to DL some files and I say yes but it can't open em.
Unfortunately all my stuff is in Japanese so that makes it tougher to fix.

Thanks for the links!
I'll watch all the vids off the Tube.

Your matches- you didn't miss any JF or command throw!?!
Maybe missed one IWC the whole time.

Solid Talim (once you figured out Sig)- VERY good work sir.

For sure, keep it up man!

I didn't know the match with Mick was posted.

As for Malek, I watched it again and he really didn't punish much of anything. I just had a lot of input errors in the first game. Wish I could've given all the people cheering for me a better show

You did better than most/many of us would have.
You did your best and that's all any of us could ask for.

Don't put yourself down, comps are like that (miss some inputs, make some mistake, etc).
Learn from them and get stronger.

I would be glad if my Talim was half as good as yours, haha.

You put your Talim on the map and gave her some exposure, keep practicin and kick some butt at the next comp!

[end pep talk]

Thanks Talim JP.
I didn't intend to come across as putting myself down, but I guess it does sound like that.

I played some matches afterward vs Malek and we ended with the score being 4-4 even. There were two losses he had before we went even, but I can't really count those since he was using Seong-Mina and not Ivy. I suppose what I was trying to say, was that I felt I didn't play as well as I know I could've when it mattered the most.

Things like that happen, whether it's in a comp (more chance of it happenin cause people get nervous) or even in free-play (but probably less so as people are more relaxed).

I think this event was exceptional- playin so many games and for such a long time.
I know I'd get worse (and probably need to stop or at least take a rest/break) as the day/night wore on.

Think the Zero vs. Malice set was my favorite from that batch of uploads. The Woahhzz vs. Zero was pretty good too, but I just find Yoshi unbelievably boring.

From a tactical point, my Talim is mostly BB, 4BB, and throws, so...yeah. >_>

So far watched the first vid link.

Impeccable timin and knowledge of when to use the moves and what moves to use as follow ups.

Malice- look out for :4::B::B:.

Notice you follow up :2::3::6::B: :6::B: with :4::4::B: (more damage but can the opponent avoid it?) and not :2::A::+::B: (maybe a wider hit-box and can lead to Air Sault mix-ups).

You don't use many of the Air Side Turn (:1::A:) mix-ups a lot- is it cause they can be blocked and punished? I probably use too many.

EDITs
Finished watchin the rest of the vids.

Malice got better with the :4::B::B: in the later games.

Woahzz kept breakin the multi-throw(!)- :2::3::6::B::+::G: :A:_:B:.
Notice you had to stick with :3::B::B: Air Sault and not do the follow up :B::K: cause he was gettin out of it.

Mina is hard to get in on.

Keep up the good work and keep the vids comin!

Gracias! (only know a little Spanish)

Looks like that Setsuka knows many of Talim's tricks- you guys play each other a lot?

See many :B::B: :B::B:s.
Mix it up more (Is it guaranteed if the first two hit or is it a frame trap?), :B::B: :2::B: etc.

Other than that looks pretty good to me.

Oh- you're the Setsu playa, not the Talim playa!...

Gracias! (only know a little Spanish)

Looks like that Setsuka knows many of Talim's tricks- you guys play each other a lot?

See many :B::B: :B::B:s.
Mix it up more (Is it guaranteed if the first two hit or is it a frame trap?), :B::B: :2::B: etc.

Other than that looks pretty good to me.

Oh- you're the Setsu playa, not the Talim playa!...

This is traductor english =).

Yes, I'm the Setsuka player. raynarrok and I played much with us because here in Argentina to SCIV is not given the same importance given to it in other countries. Because of this there are few players interested in SCIV. We need diversity!. This is one of the reasons I try to play a wide repertoire of characters to improve our experience.

Watched some of the first vid. So far I'd say your friend has the right idea for how to play her. Not using too many unsafe moves, decent amount of patience, and using her stances for evasion/counter offense.

As for suggestions, I'd say he needs to move around better for one thing. stepping and moving forward without attacking is the safest way for Talim to get in, even though it's not always the fastest way in. Windsault is a decent closing option, but I'd definitely stay away from abusing AS A+B to get in (or start rounds) as it's mega-unsafe on block. Seyfer, you seemed to have trouble blocking lows and weren't punishing much at all so he wasn't forced to change up. However, I noticed you started to duck Talim's 3BA on block so that's good.

I like the guy's use of 4B by itself. It's a good bait tactic and helps create a false sense of frame advantage for Talim. Oh and there's never a reason to windleap after 66A unless facing an edge or wall. The forward jump is fast enough to not be interrupted whereas WL can be. Also if 66A hits, by doing WL you give up free damage. So generally going forward is the better choice.

Other than that, I didn't see 6A+B, FC 3BB or 11KA much if at all, which are three of Talim's best moves. But I guess I can't say too much about which moves to use and which not to use, since I believe part of growing as a player is finding what works for you instead of following another person's style exactly. It's still important to be aware of all your options. Things like 4AA and 1A up close may work now, but once your opponent reads them you need to know you're alternatives.

It seems he doesn't know many of her combos at this point, so I can help with that. (Though he does do WL A combo)

After WL K, use 66B, then 2A+B (or 44B)
After 4BB CH use 66A+B
After 1A+B use 2A+B. (If you can react to CH 1A+B use 22B instead)

I'm curious, is Talim this person's main character?

It seems he doesn't know many of her combos at this point, so I can help with that. (Though he does do WL A combo)

After WL K, use 66B, then 2A+B (or 44B)
After 4BB CH use 66A+B
After 1A+B use 2A+B. (If you can react to CH 1A+B use 22B instead)

I'm curious, is Talim this person's main character?

Thanks for your comment. The answer is yes, the raynarrok's main character is Talim. I liked your fights in the FSAK. Especially against Malek & Oofmatic.

Nice goin man! You were rippin it up! ; )

But I think you just want all of us to hear the nice compliments they heap on you, haha, just kiddin.
Deserved all although I think there are some good JP Talim's over here that no one's even heard of or played.

Back