Tekken 7 is a thing...

Lili, Bryan, Dragunov, and Feng are what I expected. Big jackets or scarves are the muse these days for males. Lili is predictable, but it works.

King and Asuka(one of my favorite characters) could use work compared to the other five. Both feel like a different variation of their original costume.

Leo with that ball and chain is just weird on her. She has the most original costume in my opinion, but it's just weird with that chain.

Xiaoyu actually is my favorite, because she looks like a mature Leixia. Why couldn't Leixia wear something like this over that silly 1P she has?
12347742_10153716970117978_1526258458218599089_n.jpg

Xiaoyu actually is my favorite, because she looks like a mature Leixia. Why couldn't Leixia wear something like this over that silly 1P she has?
View attachment 45112

Absolutely Xiaoyu in T7 is much more serious that Leixia by default. Project Soul wanted to have Leixia to be cute and give the appearance of her being weak. Thank god for her P2 costume.

Last edited:
Holy shit! I never thought I'd see that day. They finally stopped being lazy and gave us new costumes after being stagnant since T5.

Trying to learn backdash cancel but I am having trouble with it. When I do
[b b db N] repeat,
it works fine, but I thought the proper bdc only requires you to press back once during the 2nd repetition of the backdash cancel. So now I am trying to do what tutorial videos said to do which was
b b db N [b db N]repeat,
but it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Um I "think" there are noticeable graphics improvement but that may be only because I've never seen these costumes before. In particular, xiaoyu's hands looks different than anything in SC but the feathers on the bottom of the dress seem low texture..

Are there any comparisons to show off the new tekken graphics ?

Has anyone here gotten the chance to play Tekken 7? I just learned the aracdes aren't Japan-exclusive, it just mostly is. There are a few arcade machines in America, and I just learned that a mall in Tukwila, WA near where I live has one. I think I'm going to go there this weekend.

He's from SC and Tekken so...

Who would you seriously choose to be the SC rep? All of them would be out of place and it wouldn't make sense.

Not really, it's just a good chunk of the characters happen to resemble a stereotype/stereotype design or gameplay.

Raphael to Lee. Metrosexual dudes.
Maxi/Li Long to Law. Waaa-taah Nunchuks!
Viola/Amy to Lili. Gothic Lolita attires.
Ivy to Anna and Nina. Dominitrix.
Siegfried to Jin. Emo who wants to stop the bad bloodline.
Nightmare to Kazuya. Take the whole bloodline to himself.
Algol to Jinpachi. That ancient fighting dude with a "I'm a king that cares not of good and evil , but dominates" complex.
Hilde to Leo. German chick who doesn't dress less.
Yoshimitsu to the descendant Yoshimitsu in Tekken. The blade "Yoshimitsu" is a generations heirloom for every new Manji clan leader.
Astaroth to Jack. Mass produced golems.
Pattycakes to Lars. The new dude protagonist who is very nice to his sister/robot. Respectively.
Pyrrha to Alisa. The supportive anime girl to the new dude protagonist.
Mitsurugi to Paul. Veteran who just wants to be the best.
Leixia/Xianghua to Ling Xiaoyu. Genki Chinese desu lass.
Natsu/Taki to Kunimitsu. Ninja lady.
Talim to Josie Rizal. Filipina chick.
Aeon/Lizardman to Alex. Reptilian warriors.
Yun Seong to Hwoarang. Red headed and hot-blooded Korean kicker.
Hwang to Baek. The Korean dude with a code of honor.
Voldo to Zafina. Super freaky fighter.
Zasalamel to Raven. Serious black dude.
Setsuka to Kazumi. Beautiful kimono lady.

So I guess that leaves out Kilik, Seong Mi-na, Xiba, Edgemaster, Rock, Sophitia, Cassandra, Zwei, Dampierre, Tira, and Cervantes. Can't particularly find a similarity for them.

Personally, ZWEI might fit in Tekken. I could see him using Ein to help him in combos. Kazumi summons a tiger and such so it could work. Not to mention, he dresses like how Jin and Lee dress.....rebellious pretty boy.

Trying to learn backdash cancel but I am having trouble with it. When I do
[b b db N] repeat,
it works fine, but I thought the proper bdc only requires you to press back once during the 2nd repetition of the backdash cancel. So now I am trying to do what tutorial videos said to do which was
b b db N [b db N]repeat,
but it doesn't seem to work.

worry not, backdash canceling isn't that important. if you can do 2-3 in a row, that's all you ever really need.

the easy / cheater way to do it is just bb, ss~bb, ss~bb ... canceling the ss with bb fast so u can't actually see yourself ss.

~~~

@Nyte - I've played quite a lot of t7... I recorded a lot of videos of a couple friends and I playing T7 while I was in tokyo this past summer ... if you're interested, they're on my youtube channel - youtube.com/user/hellomrbrahms

also, there used to be machines here in america for about 5 months ... but they sent them all back to japan around november. if you keep your eyes peeled for big tournaments, you'll see madcatz bring some t7 setups ... like recently at the NEC tournament. another will be at Kumite in Tennesse and socal regionals coming up soon-ish

Damn, glad I didn't waste the trip over just to discover it wasn't there. Maybe FR will be shipped to arcades in America later. I just assumed it was Japan exclusive because, when was the last time you saw an arcade place in the US? Hopefully that mall in Tukwila will get FR.

Back