[Texas] The official HYPE thread

LAFF....that would make the game MORE broke...

Besides, characters that can abuse the SG game really are (in no particular order)

Seigfreid
Lizzy
Yunsung
Mina
Amy
Voldo
Sophie

I think making SC Tag would have been greatness. I don't like Tekken Tag but anyone can see the strategy and skill that is required to play that game.

In other news, Nori why are the Giants paying Eli Manning 97 million dollars and can you honestly say he is worth it?

I think making SC Tag would have been greatness. I don't like Tekken Tag but anyone can see the strategy and skill that is required to play that game.

In other news, Nori why are the Giants paying Eli Manning 97 million dollars and can you honestly say he is worth it?
He's worth it cause he's 27, knows the offense in and out, brought them a SB ring, and most importantly, knows how to handle the NY media. So yes, he's a huge part of our offense, and worth it.

He's worth it cause he's 27, knows the offense in and out, brought them a SB ring, and most importantly, knows how to handle the NY media. So yes, he's a huge part of our offense, and worth it.

Hmm...

Ok, but what about his stats? He finished last season 14th in QB rating and 9th in DVOA.

In his last fives games without Plaxico Burress, he completed 80 of 142 passes for 919 yards, 3 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. His QB rating was 74.2, down from his season average of 86.4.

This contract makes him higher paid than his brother Peyton, Tom Brady, and Big Ben. Do you really think he's better than those 3 guys?

Any BTW, he's 28 =)

Hmm...This contract makes him higher paid than his brother Peyton, Tom Brady, and Big Ben. Do you really think he's better than those 3 guys?

Any BTW, he's 28 =)
He is not being paid more than BB. BB got over 100 million on his. Brady/Peyton did their contracts a long time ago. Romo got a retarded deal, Matt Ryan got highly paid as the 3rd overall pick, so now the contracts go up for all other QBs. It's not about skill level, it's about how much are they worth to their respective teams. And 28 is still young for already having a SB ring.

He is not being paid more than BB. BB got over 100 million on his. Brady/Peyton did their contracts a long time ago. Romo got a retarded deal, Matt Ryan got highly paid as the 3rd overall pick, so now the contracts go up for all other QBs. It's not about skill level, it's about how much are they worth to their respective teams. And 28 is still young for already having a SB ring.

Eli is getting more per year than Big Ben. Only Julius Peppers and Carson Palmer are getting paid more per year than he is: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4378407

I agree it's not about skill level cause that is alot of money for mediocre stats and the Giants don't have a credible backup to negotiate with. They were between a rock and a hard place. And Matt Ryan and Tony Romo are great examples of highly paid, mediocre QBs. Same thing with Carson Palmer on that list. It just amazes me.

Eli is getting more per year than Big Ben. Only Julius Peppers and Carson Palmer are getting paid more per year than he is: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4378407

I agree it's not about skill level cause that is alot of money for mediocre stats and the Giants don't have a credible backup to negotiate with. They were between a rock and a hard place. And Matt Ryan and Tony Romo are great examples of highly paid, mediocre QBs. Same thing with Carson Palmer on that list. It just amazes me.
You pay for how much a player is worth for your team, plus the market for replacing them. That's always how it's worked. Remember when scrubby Deangelo Hall was making retarded money last offseason w/the raiders before they cut him? Or Romo making that much money w/out a playoff victory? When McNabb gets his extension, and he will, watch how much he gets paid.

Fuck football. Its all about Esports! Str8 rippin will take MLG dallas with Snipedown as MVP!

HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT FOOTBALL! BLASPHEMY!

McNair better get like a $150 million dollar extension! J/K His stats haven't been all that great the last few years either but he somehow manages to get the eagles to the playoffs and NFC championship games.

HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT FOOTBALL! BLASPHEMY!

McNair better get like a $150 million dollar extension! J/K His stats haven't been all that great the last few years either but he somehow manages to get the eagles to the playoffs and NFC championship games.
McNair is dead you bastard

Nope he is not worth it, 1 great season and he a hero? Peyton was under Eli's uniform when they made to the super bowl. Everyone knows that. I disagree with him being worth that much..

Nope he is not worth it, 1 great season and he a hero? Peyton was under Eli's uniform when they made to the super bowl. Everyone knows that. I disagree with him being worth that much..
Disagree based on what? Rookie QBs are making MINIMUM 70 million in the first 5 rounds. How much do you want him to make in your eyes? He already has a SB ring. Peyton Manning DECREASED his contract to help out his team. I guarantee you Eli's contract is not a huge factor in the Giants salary cap. Fact is, we need him to continue to win. Why go draft a QB when you already have a successful one? And yes, most QBs would KILL to be a hero at least one season. Ask McNabb, Brees, Marino, Romo if they would be happy with just 1 ring vs 0.

Back