The art direction in this game is INSANE.

Ya I'm loving the art direction in SC5; I think it's done by the same artist throughout SC3 to SC5. The only thing I hope (though it's not really a big deal) is to the look of Cervantes. Ever since SC3 he looked so different and uglier, SC4 he's pretty much the same. Hoping he will look more like SC2.

I love the new Nightmare look. I think Leixia looks lovely. But then I see Ralph. I cringe and slap my monitor.
Either way, this game looks so much better then SC4. Even if the graphics aren't all that better.
Thats how I feel when I see Lexia's 3D model... she looks like a CAS character.
Ya I'm loving the art direction in SC5; I think it's done by the same artist throughout SC3 to SC5. The only thing I hope (though it's not really a big deal) is to the look of Cervantes. Ever since SC3 he looked so different and uglier, SC4 he's pretty much the same. Hoping he will look more like SC2.
In that case, they should make Lizarman more like his SC3 look, it was more unique and tribal rather then the geko thing in SC4.

I don't see what's so wrong with Leixia's model. It's probably the most accurate model yet.
No.
Leixia.jpg

644px-Soulcalibur-V_2011_10-20-11_007.jpg

If I were to compare I'd say SC4's Face 2 in the female creation mode looks more accurate to the picture then the bottom one does... and why is her hair brown?

Okay so the reason you guys are weirded out by these pictures is because NamcoBandai have done a bit of character polygon cross breeding.

Above, you can see the Kilik aspects...

and below, you can see the Xianghua aspects....
soulcalibur-v_2011_10-20-11_008-jpg.7422

You guys feeling my buzz? I think its very smart, You can se bit of Kilik nose aswell. I think its very smart. But feel free to disagree. :P

Okay so the reason you guys are weirded out by these pictures is because NamcoBandai have done a bit of character polygon cross breeding.

Above, you can see the Kilik aspects...

and below, you can see the Xianghua aspects....
You guys feeling my buzz? I think its very smart, You can se bit of Kilik nose aswell. I think its very smart. But feel free to disagree. :P

I disagree. As of yet, it is stated in Lexiua's bio that Kilik is not the father.

I disagree. As of yet, it is stated in Lexiua's bio that Kilik is not the father.
She has Kilik's necklace.

One. She married other man after Kilik disappears but always loved him, so she gave the pendant to her daughter.
Two, She married other man for political reasons and had an affair with Kilik
Three, both options combined, Kilik impregnated her, then desappears, then she marries other man.

I bet for the first option. Well, all are more or less the same.

One. She married other man after Kilik disappears but always loved him, so she gave the pendant to her daughter.
Three, both options combined, Kilik impregnated her, then desappears, then she marries other man.

Four, Lexia is a total bitch and stole the necklace.
I would really like it if that actually becomes official.

I love the new Nightmare look. I think Leixia looks lovely. But then I see Ralph. I cringe and slap my monitor.
Either way, this game looks so much better then SC4. Even if the graphics aren't all that better.

They are actually quite better. The character details is improved (albeit, slightly) ... but mostly the levels have much, much more detail and motion to them.

Exactly, DRAMA!

She looks like him, you'd have to blind not to see it. Someone do some photoshop magic, Im in work I can't!

the people complaining about Raphas hat make me laugh, calling him gay and shit... and the ones complaining that he no longer looks elegant...oh God -.- FUCKING FINALLY! Raphael is back to a semi-fencer look and every %$%$% is complaining... Love the new Raphael, is exactly the change that he needed.

They are actually quite better. The character details is improved (albeit, slightly) ... but mostly the levels have much, much more detail and motion to them.
I'm not saying the graphics didn't improve. I'm saying only slightly. The real killer is how they did the lighting and such this time around. It isn't just all bloom like SC4.

I'm not saying the graphics didn't improve. I'm saying only slightly. The real killer is how they did the lighting and such this time around. It isn't just all bloom like SC4.

I agree with you 100%. There wasn't much to the lighting system in SCIV, and they didn't even have real-time reflections/shadows like they do this time around.

It's definitely the lighting (and shadows) that help this game shine. Also, it has a broader color palette. I felt like SCIV had a very narrow range of colors, if you take my meaning.

Back