The Future of SC

Sykosis

[08] Mercenary
So it's the big 2010. With Tekken 6 out Namco doesn't have anything else fighting game wise coming. The Two year mark for SC IV is also quickly approaching so the question I've got is: Do you think SC V will be announced in 2010?

That's assuming it's even being made. My outlook on this is too positive to think it wouldn't but I just want to know what the community thinks. Are we ready for a new "Stage of History?"

If it will be made, then maybe at the middle of the year or the end there will be some buzz about a new SC (maybe). I think T6 did take a chunk out of the SC community, but there are stil the die hard fans- and, to be honest, I think it'd be stupid if Namco decided to not make a SCV.

The Two year mark for SC IV is also quickly approaching so the question I've got is: Do you think SC V will be announced in 2010?

Namco will announce Soul Calibur 5 at this years E3.
Calibur 5 will be the most balanced Calibur EVER CREATED.

GameStop will have a midnight launch Tournament.

Now go forth, and spread this glorious news to all!

Namco will announce Soul Calibur 5 at this years E3.
Calibur 5 will be the most balanced Calibur EVER CREATED.

I love you , man *sniff*

With the sales numbers SC4 put up, you can almost guarantee some kind of console sequel-- with egregiously shameless cross-promotional guest characters as well. Dunno if it'll be anytime soon though.

@Panda;
if it were true, about gamespot hosting a midnight tournament- I'm definitely winning. There's no competition in Reno. And if I do lose, then I've got an offline local scene =)

@Panda;
if it were true, about gamespot hosting a midnight tournament- I'm definitely winning. There's no competition in Reno. And if I do lose, then I've got an offline local scene =)

Even if you do win, build that community!

i think TGS will be alot more likely venue for the announcement.

The normal Dev cycle between SC games is usually two years. July of this year will be exactly that so I'm hoping for at least an announcement trailer. Again, just thinking positive.

also, while we're all at Gamestop competing let's see how many games we can avoid pre-ordering. loser buys every one lunch ^_^

Even if you do win, build that community!

i think TGS will be alot more likely venue for the announcement.

Why, that's the most brilliant thing I've ever heard. I guess I should try and put Reno on the SC map if Gamestop does host a SCV tournament in Reno.

I heard it's already in development, they just didn't tell anyone yet.

it had better be... OR ELSE !

CatHoldup.jpg

@Panda;

did you ever locate duckie/fresh?

reno has very strong players. you just gotta leave your damn house and find them. one even owns an arcade with sc3:AE there.

reno has very strong players. you just gotta leave your damn house and find them. one even owns an arcade with sc3:AE there.

Now why the hell would he do that? Online 4 lyfe.

Seriously though, there's a lot of potential there for offline communities to be built. It just takes the right mindset and someone with just a tiny bit of motivation to kick things off.

If Namco does what I hope they're going to do, and announces Ace Combat 7 as well as SC5 this year, I will be unbelievably happy. I think that's honestly the best video game related news I could receive this year. Well, the best probable video game related news.

No, I have not located them- and I have gone out and searched. The best I've found was a tekken/SFIV unit telling me SCIV in Reno is dead/or wasn't big enough to have a scene. I also made a thread here. So, maybe I should get my map and backpack and Dora it out towards Sparks, huh?

I hope so. Now that Namco has learned how to do decent netcode, hopefully they get some decent balance and SC5 can be a good end to fighters on the PS3 or 360.

The most important thing will be the balance though.

Back