The Guard Impact thread...

Not really.

G-canceling's been around since forever. It's not that hard.

I suppose there's an art to showing as much as the move as possible before canceling it, but I don't see the benefit to developing that to such an extent.

(And about the Warble thing, they're...

... ahh, forget it...)

It's key to let it come out enough so that you make the noise for the attack, but don't actually attack.
It's a fine line :)

Did some studying on parrying. It... is not so bad!!!

1) After falling on your face, you cannot do any wr/WS moves whatsoever.
2) To add onto that, you cannot even roll.

So your only option is to Ukemi... wait, it gets better.

You cannot Guard Impact out of this Ukemi for a while (at least 28 frames or so, there's far too much advantage given... possibly more). So...

this could potentially be a way to force someone into eating SG damage!

Just a thought... I haven't explored it all the way yet.

Did some studying on parrying. It... is not so bad!!!

1) After falling on your face, you cannot do any wr/WS moves whatsoever.
2) To add onto that, you cannot even roll.

So your only option is to Ukemi... wait, it gets better.

You cannot Guard Impact out of this Ukemi for a while (at least 28 frames or so, there's far too much advantage given... possibly more). So...

this could potentially be a way to force someone into eating SG damage!

Just a thought... I haven't explored it all the way yet.

Basically a guaranteed attempt on an ouki. Godlike for chars such as Yoshi/Mitsu.

Yes GI has a more strict input then the previous games but something I want to test tonight would def be the parry

I`m sure most of you had your backs against the wall with the opponent trying to set you up for a massive damage wall combo, well I saw that if you parry with your back against the wall, the opponent gets thrown into the wall and stunned, now what I`m going to test if sieg can get anything after (if he has enough time), if so then the possibilities are endless for other characters

kPc: Ask Botsu. I'm pretty sure Sieg gets something juicy, but I forgot what it was when we were testing. Yoshi gets 66B at all distances. iMCF or 3B if close.

Hey im new to the whole soul calibur lingo so im wondering what is a buffer? I know GI but buffer has me confused

I'm not sure if this has been posted or discussed yet, but throws are JI able... never knew that lol, cpu on edgemaster JI my throw just now so thought I'd post it, ( You all probably already know this, im fairly new to forum)

I'm not sure if this has been posted or discussed yet, but throws are JI able... never knew that lol, cpu on edgemaster JI my throw just now so thought I'd post it, ( You all probably already know this, im fairly new to forum)

Yeah it's common knowledge. Namco introduced it when patch 1.03 came out, a good fix imo.

a good fix imo.

picture.php

Mike Danton says:

"Being able to JI throws is bullshit."

in case this wasn't mentioned, JI gives you 30 frames were opponent can only re-JI

Yea I mentioned the 10 frame difference on the previous page. It was mentioned before I did tho -_-

<3 post-GI mixups. I rarely use parry. I sure need to.

you mean repel right? parry sucks

I kinda went stream of conciousness with that. I know repel is the regular GI lol.

Speaking of that, which character has the most damaging consistent post-GI mixups?

I kinda went stream of conciousness with that. I know repel is the regular GI lol.

Speaking of that, which character has the most damaging consistent post-GI mixups?

Hilde gets C3A if they don't re-GI, C3B if they do re-GI. imo doom combo off of an impact is pretty fucking nice.

GIs are (Or should) be +20, assuming they aren't blocked/Re-GId... If its a JI, I believe the bonus is +30, and that you can only JI (Not GI) stuff back in this specific situation. aGIs are a whole 'nother issue, and I highly recommend you research those separately.

Hilde gets C3A if they don't re-GI, C3B if they do re-GI. imo doom combo off of an impact is pretty fucking nice.

They don't have both those options available at any given time, they'll have one or the other... if you have C3B charged and you use C3A, you cannot doom combo.

Back