The Last of Us

there's like dozens upon dozen's of walkthroughs of this game. but finding one with all the right dialogue and someone that can edit out all the silent walking would be bitchin'.

Nooo why is this great game's thread so dead? I hope I dont get into trouble for bumping this!

Anyway, Today the DLC came out, "Left Behind" I already played it and "Beat it" once again, very good job. Im gonna have to go back again and play it and get some of the trophies I missed, I plan to anyway!

I like the multiplayer but, honestly, I still don't see what everyone finds so cool about the game. The graphics and the environment are cool, the characters are decent...but that's just about every game these days. I got to the part where you're in the subway with the girl and haven't had a desire to play the 1p mode anymore.

Maybe it's just a part of getting older (and, as such, not having the same interest in games and especially not in the same aspects), but I expected a lot more from a game I hear people calling the best game of these consoles and so on and so fourth. But, whatever. Taste is taste, I guess.

Never went back and corrected myself. Game is amazing.

What made you change your mind? I couldn't handle the gameplay.

The further you get into the game, the better it becomes. It's the story of what world and what people have become as much as it's the story of Joel and Ellie. It's pretty good. I already loved the MP. One of my favorite games.

The game was great, but I really hated how the story ended. It just felt unsatisfactory, to me anyway.
I am still having a lot of fun with the multiplayer though.

I enjoyed the MP for the little bit that I played. But the single player wasn't what I was looking for, especially for a game that was hyped up to be the best of all time. But the graphics, atmosphere, and scenery were some of the best I've seen. I did enjoy going over some random hill to see the skyline of a destroyed city or an abandoned village. That was the one aspect of the game I liked. Too bad I couldn't get into it due to the gameplay.

The game was great, but I really hated how the story ended. It just felt unsatisfactory, to me anyway.
I am still having a lot of fun with the multiplayer though.

In a world like that, it would be damn near impossible for anyone to find a truly happy ending that would satisfy all audiences. That was kind of the point though. That bittersweet taste is in itself a unique flavor, just different enough from any other story that it's worth being a part of. It showed what was important, I think.

It wasn't whether it was a happy ending or a sad ending in the traditional sense of story telling.

In the last of us, its really about the relationship between Joel and Ellie. The infected, the fireflies, and the world they live in aren't the primary focus, they are things that help move the plot forward.

My dissatisfaction is that ending was ambiguous. You don't know if Ellie accepted Joel's statement as fact or whether she knows he was lying and still went along with it.

Their relationship evolved where they became truthful to each other. Joel opening up about his daughter and Ellie revealing the story about Riley. So when Joel lied in the end it felt like he was a different character because it went against how he progressed as a character.

Holy fuck. Left Behind was amazing. I was seriously able to empathize with the situation. Amazing. Goodnight.

P.S. Brick/shiv combination is unstoppable. Lucky there aren't any bricks in MP.

Back