Throw Break Conditioning

I tried to break throws on reaction before I played online, but now I'm usually buffering A+K or B+K while blocking. However, reaction still helps your game. You can be thrown out of (whiffed and not whiffed) strings and you can be thrown out of step.

When I expect a throw, sometimes I'll 9K if I'm close and if I'm far 7G closer to TAS B tip range. Jumping avoids throws, lows, and spaces at the same time. If you get hit by a mid or a high you'll be able to air control and possibly leading to less damage. I think it's a pretty under used option honestly.

I disgress, I deem that character specific.. you wouldn't jump around Asta would you? Especially if you have trouble breaking throws, one would get grappled mid-jump, or Backbreaker'd a bunch.

Ducking is the same, Voldo can 236A+G, and if you duck and he whiffs, could mixup A+B or B+K for mids and you eat DMG. Do your research in soul arena's and find what does you best.. that's pretty much the only conditioning you can do for yourself.

the_more_you_know.jpg

Train yourself to always tap a button if you intend on blocking and opponents attack, this will help you passively break as well as get you used to doing it defensively. Never guess to crouch, always be sure you read it and act. If you want to preemptively lock out throw attempts consider quick tech crouching and jumping attacks.

Despite what people say you can mash (only one option though), so when you are blocking, just get used doing a quick series of taps, do this when you think you'll be getting hit as well, just to build the skills to react to it naturally.

If you want to learn how to throw break efficiently, play someone who knows how to use Rock well. You will be mashing throw breaks more often than not.

Any good Rock's on PSN lol? Cause I can break throws on reaction offline but but Online I just forget to mash while blocking :(.

Breaking throws is very easy... Anytime you are holding block, you should be inputting throw breaks as well. Of course, just be smart in which throws you are breaking.

Big credit to Lasercakes. While holding G, condition yourself to tap A+K or B+K on your binding buttons. If you can do fast alternatively between A+K and B+K, you'll probably escape most throws including the ones you didn't see coming. But be careful when tapping alternatively too fast, you do that silly stance from ABKG combo.
Maybe KCD can give some inputs; he escapes all my throws online.

i mash b on reaction almost always. i see a throw i mash b. i have to really make an effort to break a, but i've long since given up mashing a/b while guarding.

Offline ur reflexes will do the trick, just work for it, but online, u have to memorize ur opponets moves, generally they throw right after a certain move. This is it, u'll have to mash one of the throw breaks like crazy.

senzait
Any good Rock's on PSN lol? Cause I can break throws on reaction offline but but Online I just forget to mash while blocking :(.

senzait, ivyfanboy and xephukai are the only two decent rocks i know of that still get on psn. you'll have to challenge either of them from school, because we're all west coast.

oofmatic, escapedsoul, bentleet...there are many who i didn't list because they don't play psn sc4 anymore at all as far as i know.

My Rock's average. I got some decent tricks but I don't know the real shenanigans like tech grabs set ups. Bentleet is probably the best Rock I've seen, but like Lobo said I haven't seen him online anymore.

Also don't alternate your break choice, it wont do you any good (going A then B and back again). Dedicate to one grab and be smart about it consider what's the better throw for the scenario, what trends the opponent is following, and have you reached a point where your opponent may be tricky and read your prediction of the obvious choice and switch. IF you want to always get out of of throws the Apprentice can hit A+B and break ALL non-attack throws at the cost of some force meter. Also check out the tutorial on grabs in my sig.

actually you can condition yourself to breaking throws by simply preparing your mind before or during the battle. Just program yourself that if you see a throw you'll press A or B button, the thing is most of the time we're always focusing on our strategy or other things and we ignore throws. The difference about preparing for them and actually reacting to them is that when you're setting your mind to that stuff you're actually anticipating a throw WILL happen and you're all set to start the guessing game. Same thing when you want to avoid a move during battle, you set your mind that if you see that move then you'll take this or that action, do I make sense? In other words just think about the things you don't wanna get hit by, and keep them in mind always

Back