Tira Combo Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoCross889

[08] Mercenary
just found myself a nice combo - gloomy side - 3b, 4a, 2a+b, 6x2-3b. just press 6 twice for a normal ending, up to 3 times or more for more strikes, but increased chance of changing moods.

another - jolly side - 6a b b, 8kb. the stun from the 6ab b, allows you to do the 8kb, can also be sub'd with 8kk, or 8ka.

Anyone wanting to pull off an easy critical edge, 3b and a quick input will allow it every time.

JS - 44k, b+kb
GS - 3b, 4a, 44b(or hold b)
GS - 4a, 2a+b, 44b(or hold b)
GS - 4bbb, 4a, 3aa(brave edge usable - 3aa a+b+k)
GS - 3b, 4a, 3aa

This is what I found during casuals

Jolly:
4A[A], AA
66B, 4A[A], 3B/CE
3B, 66AA
3B, CE
11K, 22B

Gloomy:
3B, 66K/CE
4A, 66B (you can use charged version close to wall I think)

CE can often combo off the ground, you don't get the animation but decent damage

Hey guys, first time poster here. I'm really liking how versatile her CE is. The next few combos show how cool her 4A is on aerial opponents, triggering something like a spinning knockdown ala Mvc3. This is the first time I've actually dug into Tira so forgive me if this stuff is old news.

Nice 50% Damage from 3B in Gloomy using CE - Basically just added a 4A to ChronoCross889's combo from above

Has anyone been able to get her JS 1A 22B to combo? I want to make sure its just not me that cant land this anymore. Also I cant get JS 3B 4A to land on every character. Tried in training mode. JS 3B 4A will combo on tira. When I tried on Pyrrha Omega the 4A would always whiff. Anyone else have this problem?

Edit : Just added some combos posted with damage numbers to the original post.

GS 3B, 4A, 4K, 666B 91 dmg. You can of course do BE 66B, the damage seemed kind of sporatic for me, I got in between 97-111.

this is my punish combo for GS. 3B has great range and is pretty fast, great for punishing whifs. The great/weird thing is, 4K will sometimes turn you jolly mid combo, so after the 4K, if you turn JS, you can do a 66B BE, this will turn you back to GS, then do BT B+K. This will leave them in a stun state on the ground so you can do the 666B. BUT, the BT B+K ALSO has a chance to turn you back to jolly, so instead of the 666B you can do whatever JS move that hits grounded. Can be a pretty wacky combo to watch/do if you're not paying attention.

edit: you can actually combo a 44B off 3B, 4A, 4K if you don't wanna chance going into jolly. The timing is strict though, does 91 dmg and doesn't hurt you. That might be the better choice actually, though it's harder to convert off of the random mood change off 4K if you're buffering 44 instead of 66.

If you're near a wall when starting this and they get pushed in to it, this JS does 54 (Extremly situational on wall, you should try it to get a gist of how close to the wall you need to be)
JS 66B, 4A, 2B, 2B (54)
Wall just has to keep them close enough for the 2nd 2b to hit
Just regular JS 66b, 4A, 2B (45) Timing is tight on some characters though.

anyone have some tips for pulling off GS 4bbb everytime? i cant seem to get the timing right, i can do it maybe one out of 4 times.

anyone have some tips for pulling off GS 4bbb everytime? i cant seem to get the timing right, i can do it maybe one out of 4 times.
Ok, the way I think of it when I'm practicing is after the first B, wait til just before the hoop would hit the ground on the first swing, then hit the 2nd B, and as she comes around I wait for her legs to be within the hoop's circle and hit the 3rd B. Wow that looks ridiculous in type.

Also let me know if these types of videos are annoying and I'll stop posting them in here but I have a fun one with a few stance changes. You can start this off of 4BBB and 3B in Gloomy.
Notation: GS 4BBB, 4A, 4K, JS BE66B, GS B+K, 66B

This is my first Soul Calibur game so I apologize if this isn't good, but I did find these

GS 4BBB, 4A, 4K, 666B or BE 666B to end it and change to Jolly

GS 4BBB, 4A, 3A or BE 3A This is my personal favorite combo, it's very flashy.
The starting 4BBB can be replaced with 3B as well.

Side question: I saw a video from SCIV of Tira, and she did a move I can't seem to find. It involved her standing over them and spinning her hoop like a saw, then lowering it onto them. Anyone know this move? It looked amazing.

Side question: I saw a video from SCIV of Tira, and she did a move I can't seem to find. It involved her standing over them and spinning her hoop like a saw, then lowering it onto them. Anyone know this move? It looked amazing.

I think that was her GS B+K , it's an auto GI move, if it GIs something (I think it GIs all mids), Tira will grab her opponent and do pretty much what you described (and she gets some health back). I think it's still in, but I'm not sure if the move still heals you.

I think that was her GS B+K , it's an auto GI move, if it GIs something (I think it GIs all mids), Tira will grab her opponent and do pretty much what you described (and she gets some health back). I think it's still in, but I'm not sure if the move still heals you.
I'm sorry, like I said very new. What is GI? I assume it means Guard Impact, but I don't know what that is yet :/

I'm sorry, like I said very new. What is GI? I assume it means Guard Impact, but I don't know what that is yet :/

Yea, Guard Impact. And because it's an auto Guard Impact move (a move that has Guard Impact properties = aGI), it doesn't use any meter, unlike like normal GI (4A+B+K), that uses 50% of the meter.

Yea, Guard Impact. And because it's an auto Guard Impact move (a move that has Guard Impact properties = aGI), it doesn't use any meter, unlike like normal GI (4A+B+K), that uses 50% of the meter.
Can you help me figure out how to do it? I read a little about GI's, but it was a little confusing. There pretty much counters right? I keep doing it when Nightmare hits me, but he just smacks me and no animation happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back