Tira General Discussion / Q&A

So nice she won the evo! I'm feeling more convinced playing with her now. Altho it was so long ago I played her (as my main), I want to ask the following regarding her moves:

:4::K: while in JS, do I have to do something speciall in order to make her mood change and not go "Owie!"?
:B:+:K: so this guard impactish attack throw, what attack levels (or what ever makes it BOOM) does this respond to?

ty for your help :)

So nice she won the evo! I'm feeling more convinced playing with her now. Altho it was so long ago I played her (as my main), I want to ask the following regarding her moves:

:4::K: while in JS, do I have to do something speciall in order to make her mood change and not go "Owie!"?
:B:+:K: so this guard impactish attack throw, what attack levels (or what ever makes it BOOM) does this respond to?

ty for your help :)

I'm afraid JS 4K's potential to shift moods is down to luck, not skill. So if you're hitting with JS 4K a lot and never seem to shift to Gloomy, it's not something that you're doing wrong - you're just being unlucky.

What B+K GIs depends on if you're in JS or GS. JS B+K GIs highs and mids that do <20 damage. GS B+K GIs all mids except for thrusts and kicks.

Addendum on JS B+K :)

It initially absorbs high/mid attacks that are <20 damage without knockdown, launch, or stun and in this phase builds a *HUGE* amount of meter(check the pinned topic: it's crazy). After she screams GODDAMN NOBODY!, she's in a super GI state and will repel ALL non-CE, non-throw attacks with the the same grab as GS B+K---complete with all it's advantages. But you can also cancel into a headbutt with an A+B input if you don't want to stand around there and get thrown or CE'd.

Had no idea that could be canelled :O I sometimes end up staning there lika a complete fool.. absorbing dmg or a throw xD Ty for your help!

Used her JS B+K alot yesterday against a Leixia player (sorry xD).

I have more move questions:

:(2):_:(8)::A: I tend to use at some ocasions but I dont really see the point of it, other than using my CE right after hitting target. Does it have other combo fillers? Is it even worth using?

Had no idea that could be canelled :O I sometimes end up staning there lika a complete fool.. absorbing dmg or a throw xD Ty for your help!

Used her JS B+K alot yesterday against a Leixia player (sorry xD).

I have more move questions:

:(2):_:(8)::A: I tend to use at some ocasions but I dont really see the point of it, other than using my CE right after hitting target. Does it have other combo fillers? Is it even worth using?

22_88 A is an awesome move - it kills step completely and is safe against most characters. You get a free 4K if it hits as well, which means a potential shift to GS (and an excellent combo thereafter) if in JS, or a guaranteed 666B if you're GS (unless you get a Bad Luck Brian moment and switch to JS).

I say i play Tira way before it was cool XD
But you guys now that JS 66B B+A will give you i biger chance of mood swing

I haven't played online for a few days, and I'm curious how more common facing off against Tira's going to be now...hell, I could use the mirror match experience XD

had a little read on the Tira wiki, JS 66AA should be -22 since I punished it with Damp''s 623B (i22) and rinsed it over just to make sure, so if someone can validate it with another move (i22 preferably) then one of you guys can edit it out. (I was going to, but I'll leave it to the SA's here)

AZ

Does Tira have a GI other than A+B? I saw someone GI and connect it with a CE.

Yeah, BRV kinda beat me to it, but what she said was correct. It was a regular GI, 4a+b+k.

Also, don't get discouraged from other member's attitudes - we're not all like that.

This IS the general discussion - any and all Tira gameplay-related questions are welcomed here.

There are no hidden moves in SCV.
Yes, yes there are.

First ones off the top of my head: Cervy's 4kk:b+k, 3k:b+k, 1b+k:b+k.

Tira: JS B+K ~ A+B; two hit version of A+B(the rare time it's used people only use the single or three hit version)
Yoshimitsu: 4 A+K(random Tekken attack; better chances of something good each time you use A+K successfully)

Alpha Patroklos: A+B's counter is better every third time it lands and after twelve successes with it in the same match you can select which counter is used by holding a direction(2/4/8 I believe) when it triggers again

Siegfried: some kind of BE cancel, I can't recall...it's useless though :P

I'm sure I'm neglecting something even I know about.

had a little read on the Tira wiki, JS 66AA should be -22 since I punished it with Damp''s 623B (i22) and rinsed it over just to make sure, so if someone can validate it with another move (i22 preferably) then one of you guys can edit it out. (I was going to, but I'll leave it to the SA's here)

AZ

Okay, so I tested it out. I think Damp's 623B is i20, not i22. It beats out NM's 3b (i21) at neutral and loses to NM's 3a (i19).

Which would make sense, since Tira's JS 66aa is -20.

Has anyone been able to balance the stance changes right? From Jolly to Gloomy? And are there any moves that are still guaranteed?

Back