Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Has anyone been able to balance the stance changes right? From Jolly to Gloomy? And are there any moves that are still guaranteed?

The only guaranteed switch from Jolly to Gloomy is her CE.

But taunting is a very good way to get into GS from JS - use it when you're at a good distance from your opponent, like after the GS 3B BnB combo. If your opponent tries to interrupt your taunt, you can cancel into an attack or guard.

I must admit that Decopon's Taunt cancel into :2::3::6::K: Brave Edge is incredibly useful, and a good feint attack.

His counter combos were pretty nifty as well

I predict the new tira tech.......JS taunt into gloomy and if there try to attack um 236 K BE lol

After doing some tests on my own and playing mirros, I am starting to notice that taunting and her 236k BE have a higher chance to stance change on PS3 versus 360. I did about 20 time of each on both consoles and got around a 4-7% higher ratio of switches on PS3 than 360. I figured I would share this info and test to see if it is just my consoles or has some validity on all consoles.

After doing some tests on my own and playing mirros, I am starting to notice that taunting and her 236k BE have a higher chance to stance change on PS3 versus 360. I did about 20 time of each on both consoles and got around a 4-7% higher ratio of switches on PS3 than 360. I figured I would share this info and test to see if it is just my consoles or has some validity on all consoles.
20 times isn't a good sample size. Do it 1000 times.

20 trials? Nowhere near enough to be making any assumptions. That 4-7% could very easily come down to random chance. In fact, it would be more surprising if it had happened the same number of times in both cases than if it hadn't.

I think it'd be better if in the next patch, they would make Tira's mood changes 50 - 50.

I doubt this will happen, but if/when the next Soul Calibur comes along, I'd like them to revamp the mood change system entirely. Instead of each 'shift' move having its own probability of shifting, instead it would work that each time you activate a shift move, your chances of getting a shift change goes up according to the following formula:

P = 20*e^((s-1)/5) (rounded to the nearest integer)

Where s = number of shift moves you've used so far in that stance, and P = % chance of shifting. So the first time you use a shift move your chances of shifting would be 20% - not very high. The fifth time you use a shift move, your chances will be 45% - looking better. By the ninth time your chances will be 99%. However, if you shift via activating a shift move, the counter will be reset to zero. If, however, you shift sides due to having less than 40% health, your counter remains untouched until you return to that stance.

I only made track of it specifically for that the twenty times when I first borrowed the ps3. While I have not been exactly keeping exact number detail, the trend seems to keep up for the at least hundred times I have used the moves on each. Other people noticed it too for the couple hours we played last night since they were ps3 users playing on my 360.

I only made track of it specifically for that the twenty times when I first borrowed the ps3. While I have not been exactly keeping exact number detail, the trend seems to keep up for the at least hundred times I have used the moves on each. Other people noticed it too for the couple hours we played last night since they were ps3 users playing on my 360.

Tell you what. Because I noticed it happening when we were playing, how about you do it 100 times on xbox and I'll do it 100 times on PS3, and we'll compare? Sure, 100 times is iffy... but I'm not doing it 1000 times.

I gotta say, after playing the xbox casuals last night, it might be true.

Tell you what. Because I noticed it happening when we were playing, how about you do it 100 times on xbox and I'll do it 100 times on PS3, and we'll compare? Sure, 100 times is iffy... but I'm not doing it 1000 times.

I gotta say, after playing the xbox casuals last night, it might be true.

Sounds good, I will do 100 each when I get home from work.

How are we gonna know if it's not the statistical error? I think anything less than 15-20% will not sound credible.
And yes, 100 is too small. Even 1000 is too small.

yeah, 236 K BE is one of Tira's best moves. Even if you don't get the mood change, it's quick, pretty safe, long range and does an ok amount of damage. Can't really ask for more than that from a BE attack.

Back