Top 10 Moves

Niichts

[08] Mercenary
Surprised there isnt one yet:
Missing some, and I named some odd things cause I just...Enjoy using them.
In no order

1. Throws - Putting it here due to combos they can lead to for sets.
2. B+K - addicted to silver moon
3. 4A - Good against close range fighters. Has evasion and effective stun.
4. 33B -
5. 1A: A: A - Sexy
6. bA - Range, ducks highs, damage, horizontal mid. Safe from angel step at max range. Love this move.
7. 2A - Poked you.
8. 22A+B A - Many combo uses
9. 3a:B - Sexy
10. A+B - Satisfies my need for GI's

In no order:

1. B+K series - In-love.
2. 1A: A: A - Her best low. Period. Generally safe after a JF 1A:A on block (due to pushback) except against the sisters.
3. 1B:B - Great for stuns. Easy to step though..
4. A+K A_B - A+K A into BT A (guaranteed on most characters 'save a few) gives +8 advantage on hit, as found out by CheeseOfTheDay from CaliburForum. A+K B is her B&B for combos.
5. 3A - I love this move, solely for the fact that it TCs like crazy. Decent damage and gives advantage on hit. Safe on block and catches steppers.
6. Throws - Given.
7. AA/BB/2A - Given.
8. 33B - Need I say more?
9. Umbrella - Delicious.
10. WS K - Safe, fast mid. Advantage on hit.

Honorable mentions:

bA, 11_77A, 236~8WR moves, 3K, 3B (sexy Soul Gauge damage), WS B, WS A, and A+B.

You guys are cheating. It's 10 moves. :p

1)Umbrella/both versions
2)AA
3)1A: A :A
4)B+K series
5)6K
6)A+K A
7)A+K B
8)1B:B
9)WRB
10)66A+B

That's it. She has many other very good moves and one cheap move but very situational so it doesn't make the list. And no, no 33B and no throws. I never put throws on this lists as throws are usually good for every character. In Setsuka's case is better than most but throws are throws. Foundation for core gameplay.

Eh, I wouldnt put 66A+B as Top 10 material.
Slow and doesnt even give adv. on block.
Good GI/A+B bait though, I guess. Could be alot better.

Agreed. Pretty awful for a gaurd breaking move.
For some reason online lots of people have been ducking on reaction to it, but thats irrelevant...they're just silly. Thats the only use I've gotten out of it.

what? I thought it was 22_88A+B, A. And since when did that move have a JF and for what use?
-Q

Yes...That move dosnt even exist.
Going to change my top 10 because i've started using different stuff.

The more I play Sets, the more I seem to be changing my game around:

1. 33B - My go-to move for covering ground
2. 1A;A:A - Still don't hit this as often as I should, but it's great when I do
3. 1B:B - golden on the stun
4. 11A - Probably the only person you'll see with this on their top 10. Works great for me, particularly after BB hits or 1B:B is blocked. Usually counters.
5. Umbrella - Signature awesomeness
6. A+K B - Becoming my new go-to move for discouraging mixup games and avoiding low hits while dishing out some damage
7. B+K series - almost nothing in the game looks cooler than this mid-match
8. bA - Fast, hits hard, stops stepping. Nothing bad about this one.
9. 2A+B - Great for mixup games. Usually play online though and it seems like this would be blockable on reaction offline
10. 22A+B A - Great for combo follow ups

Just realized I never posted anything in here. The first few moves will be the "staples" and the last few will be basically what amounts to my Setsuka style. This'll probably end up with more than 10 moves, by the way.

Whelp, here goes...

1) 33_99B - No list would be complpete without it
2) A+G_214B+G - This throw mixup makes up for her lack of amazing lows.
3) 1A;A;A - Closest thing she has to an amazing low.
4) 1B:B - Safe, tracks step somewhat, and does crazy damage on normal hit.
5) B+K series - Watch the health just melt away.
6) Umbrella - Best block punisher she has, but only use it when you know it'll hit.
7) 2A - Good range, priority, and properties and sets up her awesome ws game.
8) 3A - Tech crouch like whoa! Again, leads to ws mixups.
9) 214_wsB - Safe, fast, leads to wake-games on hit and great damage on CH.
10) 2B+K - Forces crouch and only -3 on block! Good on wake, good for lockdown.
11) A+K,A_B - Tech jumps and combos for all!
12) 11_77B - Safe mid, forces crouch, launches. Great on wake or at frame advantage.
13) 22_88K - Safe tracking mid for use at rings edge. I ring out ALL THE TIME with this move.
14) 11_77A - Not safe, but great on wake and has good evasive properties.

That's it for now. I generally stick to these moves when I play. Sometimes I throw others in, but I'm increasingly wondering why I don't just use 33B in place of them all =)

Can't really reduce Setsuka to 10 moves anyway, nearly all her moves has their use and are great :

1) Pokes : AA/BB/2A/3K/214K/6B > for obvious reasons
2) Punitions : i12 JF umbrella/AA, i13 umbrella/K, i14 44B+K, i16 BB, i17 1B:B > obvious too
3) 1B:B > Safe, tracks step somewhat, and does crazy damage on normal hit, RO front too.
4) 214B > safe, good damage on CH, spacing too, somewhat tracks a bit, wake up games on NH.
5) 33B
6) Umbrella/JF umbrella
7) 3B / 214A / 44B : CF killers, spacing tools, very good moves overall.
8) A+K A > frame trap (-3! followed by a JF umbrella it often hits), really good jumping tool. Combo on NH against some characters (BT A / BT K).
9) Throws. They're just great (insane damage on all her throws, RO) and compensate the lacks of lows.
10) 11A > best low she has. Very good evasive properties (TC under some mids sometimes), adv. on NH, insane damage on CH, kill steps (it doesn't get stepped most of the time if you use it correctly).
11) 2B+K / 11B : FrC tools (by the way Rico, I thought 2B+K was -6?).
12) A+B : what can I say? One of the best autoGI in the game. Better than Sophi's.
13) 236 options.
14) Anti step tools : 66A, 3A, 2A, delay 3B (nearly jking, but it often catch steppers when they finish their step on CH so it's really good), bA, 11A
15) GI options.
EDIT : Forgot about 4A so 16) 4A

It's nice to see, and surprising, that the lists still vary.

All those that don't need to be named aside, though, I never use 2A or 3A. Instead, I use 1K, and I see no reason at all to use anything else as a tech crouch.

I'll also throw 44B+K in there because it's so useful, even against those who know how the move works.

Why use 3A or 2A over 1K?

Well, both are safer on block. Both track step very well. Both give good advantage on hit. Both leave Sets in FC which leads to awesome mixups.

Also, 2A is way faster than 1K and 3A tech crouches sooner and for longer.

3A I can kind of understand but how do you NOT use 2A? Especially Sets' 2A. 2A is a staple of almost every character in the entire game.

And for the guy who said 2B+K is -3 on block: Idunno. Cheese of the Day on cf.com said it was -3. He could be wrong and I haven't tested it. -6 would make it slightly less useful but I still like the move.

Well I get the impression that there's no best choice, after all.

When the opponent is in your face, 2A or 3A might be a better tool to interrupt them and get the offensive. I never use 1K in this situation, I prefer 6K.

But when you're a little farther from the opponent, 1K really shines.
It's nice after a medium range attack, and perform 1K when the opponent expects you to block. It's hard to expect, and rarely gets interrupted in this situation.

Yes, I agree that 1K is great for that just out of A,A range situation. It's got a bit more range than you'd expect.

And yes, 2A's in general are the go-to "interrupt an opponent who's in your face" moves. And I find that Sets 3A is actually VERY good at stopping step from close-mid range, should you have an opponent who's a step whore.

I have a question about A+K, B... why is this a good move? It seems to miss standing opponents pretty consistently, and seems to only hit if they are off-axis to their left. Making lows whiff is grand, but if you miss as well, what's the point? Especially since if you whiff it's a guaranteed back throw.

I have a question about A+K, B... why is this a good move? It seems to miss standing opponents pretty consistently, and seems to only hit if they are off-axis to their left. Making lows whiff is grand, but if you miss as well, what's the point? Especially since if you whiff it's a guaranteed back throw.

It's her new B&B for combos.

Refer to combo list for more information.

Back