Tournament Controller Issues

F00LY

[08] Mercenary
Hello!

If someone like myself is completely used to a 360 controller, and -does not want a new controller- due to liking how their current one is broken in, how do we participate at a tournament such as Winter Brawl?

I've asked a few other places and have been directed to a few people (Gummo at SRK for example) who were unfortunately unable to help.

Does anyone go to PS3-based tournaments and use an adapter to plug their X360 controller in?

If so PLEASE redirect me so I have time to order before I have to skip out on this event. =) Thanks!

Be careful with those things - as I understand it, nearly all of them have significant lag. :\

In place of that man the best thing i can say is find a stick and get good on that. Its what i wound up having to do way back when and it hasn't treated me badly. It sucks you'll have to change your preference if you don't find anything to your liking but it is the simplest way to go about it.

Nearly all sticks now are JLF with OBSF30s for consistent experiences. Pads, even from the same manufacturer, vary in their consistency for feel.

I believe Commander Shepard would endorse an arcade stick.

In my experience JLFs have a fair degree of variance. I use four different JLFs pretty regularly and they all feel different.

I've got two Mad Catz sticks with Sanwa guts (buttons / JLF stick etc: ) both are fairly consistent to me for their use. Twelve it might be that some are more used than others? I find they break in after a certain time and after that "abuse period" they all seem about the same.

I wouldn't discount the possibility. I certainly don't have a reliable sample size.

Actually I was thinking about it, and it could just be a placebo effect caused by the different cases. I remember the first time I was at a large-ish tournament, and I couldn't hear my stick click. I was sure it had been damaged because it felt mushy and gross. I checked it out after I got home and it was fine. Hearing the clicks made it feel more crisp.

Also, I recently used a friend's Qanba in which he had mounted (or maybe it came with?) an LS-32. I also have an LS-32, but his felt really janky. I think it was just mounted higher, so more of the shaft was sticking out of the case.

Back