Trying to Redeem the SCV Newcomers

The newcomers do have a lot of potential. We just didn't know much about them due to a rushed story mode centered on Patroklos and Pyrrha (with a little Z.W.E.I.). I heard there was some unused audio for Natsu that didn't make it in the final product. Chances are there wasn't even time to do ANY for the other newcomers, let alone veterans. On a smaller amount of detail, I was surprised by the lack of 'Chain of Souls'. It would have been interesting to see all the relationships between the characters and further give a solid amount of structure to the newcomers' backstories.

Try to redeem the newcomers, it could be "almost" impossible. Their first impression is not good already. The only way to solve this problem that I can imagine is bring old characters back then redesign newcomers' fighting style. If dev team work the new title with this idea, I think it's good and the easiest way to bring old fans back, but will take lots of time to finish the game. Talking about the fighting styles, does anyone notice dev team already have good templates in SCIII ? They did this for Amy once, why not this time ?

Try to redeem the newcomers, it could be "almost" impossible. Their first impression is not good already. The only way to solve this problem that I can imagine is bring old characters back then redesign newcomers' fighting style. If dev team work the new title with this idea, I think it's good and the easiest way to bring old fans back, but will take lots of time to finish the game. Talking about the fighting styles, does anyone notice dev team already have good templates in SCIII ? They did this for Amy once, why not this time ?

lol

People who actually quit the game because of Muh Talim muh taki cant be pleased to begin with and should be ignored tbh. No need to think about how to bring people like that back.

People who actually quit the game because of Muh Talim muh taki cant be pleased to begin with and should be ignored tbh. No need to think about how to bring people like that back.
People like them are best left unmentioned if you ask me. The only way you could bring them back is just throw Talim in there...until they find something else to bitch about.

Why not? I think it's a splendid idea. Dunno about it being the only way, but it's a good idea that would definitely work.
It could work but does he mean every old character? Also I don't think every newcomer could use a revamp in their fighting styles.

I guess he means new fighting style only for "replacements" and that's a decent idea, really.
Tbh, out of the "replacements" I can only see Pyrrha getting a complete change, due to her demonic arm and new personality. I'm not sure what to make of everyone else.

Tbh, out of the "replacements" I can only see Pyrrha getting a complete change, due to her demonic arm and new personality. I'm not sure what to make of everyone else.
Give Natsu two Katanas and incorporate more of her "inner demon" into moveset. Xiba is already different enough, so just return Kilik (or Seung-Mina, or both). Leixia is just not needed, lol. Let Pat stay Pat (without Alpha and all this shit). You already said what could be done with Pyrrha. That's it.

Give Natsu two Katanas and incorporate more of her "inner demon" into moveset. Xiba is already different enough, so just return Kilik (or Seung-Mina, or both). Leixia is just not needed, lol. Let Pat stay Pat (without Alpha and all this shit). You already said what could be done with Pyrrha. That's it.
Pat and Xiba don't need anything. Natsu only needs a moderate change. Pyrrha might get a complete change. Who is Leixia again?

I'd like to hear these "major issues" that "people" had with SCV

Come on, you already know. Just on this forum alone it's probably been said a million times. The lack of a quality single player mode along with the removal of so many of the old characters and their uninspired replacements were major complaints people had with the game. And they're fair complaints I would say.

Try to redeem the newcomers, it could be "almost" impossible. Their first impression is not good already.

Right. It would be one thing if people were just indifferent to the newcomers but their reception was so negative that I think trying to redeem them would be too hard and not worth the effort. They're better off going back to the drawing board and coming up with new designs instead of trying to salvage Patroklos and Xiba.

Come on, you already know. Just on this forum alone it's probably been said a million times. The lack of a quality single player mode along with the removal of so many of the old characters and their uninspired replacements were major complaints people had with the game. And they're fair complaints I would say.

So true, but all the characters who were replaced/removed don't matter except Setsuka because she's the best SC character period. Any character that was replaced didn't get their styles destroyed. I can understand PS trying to make replacements different in some way, but Setsuka's style was destroyed in an effort to make Pat super cool by having a story mode, shorter range, 4A being even more useless, no umbrella, 2A[BE] replacing umbrella with a crappy shoulder, & the removal of JI to destroy A+B making it complete worthless.

Single player content yes thats actually something that can bother casual players but on the other hand they have the CaS garbage so whatever.
Character replacements isnt a reason grow some balls and stop bitching about somethign that unimportant. Also the new characters arent uninspired just because "Muh talim,muh setsuka,muh taki bs.." If you only play soul calibur for specific characters and get personally insulted when they arent in the game even with solid replacements then maybe dont bother at all.

Right. It would be one thing if people were just indifferent to the newcomers but their reception was so negative that I think trying to redeem them would be too hard and not worth the effort. They're better off going back to the drawing board and coming up with new designs instead of trying to salvage Patroklos and Xiba.
Honestly, just because they didn't start with a good first impression doesn't mean they should abandon them. Yes, I wouldn't say they're perfect but most of them do their jobs fine, especially by a gameplay standpoint. Hell, there are several people on here that enjoy the new characters over their predecessors. But since you're saying that they can't be redeemed why not elaborate more on why you think so?

Character replacements isnt a reason grow some balls and stop bitching about something that unimportant. Also the new characters arent uninspired just because "Muh talim,muh setsuka,muh taki bs.." If you only play soul calibur for specific characters and get personally insulted when they arent in the game even with solid replacements then maybe dont bother at all.

A. Pat isn't a great replacement & he's the worst replacement character know to mankind because Setsuka's style was destroyed in the process.

Honestly, just because they didn't start with a good first impression doesn't mean they should abandon them. Yes, I wouldn't say they're perfect but most of them do their jobs fine, especially by a gameplay standpoint. Hell, there are several people on here that enjoy the new characters over their predecessors. But since you're saying that they can't be redeemed why not elaborate more on why you think so?

I've had more fun Leixia than X. I don't hate Xianghua. The only thing I didn't like about her was that she became insanely OP & boring in SCIII. With Leixia, I can do whatever I want compare to X in the previous games. Both Daishi & Hoshino always knew how powerful Xianghua is because my Leixia tech is so good that if X was in SCV she'd be banned.

Last edited:
A. Pat isn't a great replacement & he's the worst replacement character know to mankind because Setsuka's style was destroyed in the process.

I've had more fun Leixia than X. I don't hate Xianghua. The only thing I didn't like about her was that she became insanely OP & boring in SCIII. With Leixia, I can do whatever I want compare to X in the previous games. Both Daishi & Hoshino always knew how powerful Xianghua is because my Leixia tech is so good that if X was in SCV she'd be banned.
Don't worry, they may bring Setsuka back, and keep Pattycakes with his regular style. I honestly wonder if she'll be at her SCIV performance or a new one altogether.

They can always balance Xianghua out in the next game to avoid having her become OP. So if they do bring in a balanced Xianghua, then you won't have to worry.

Back