4th: Bello (Cass)
5th: Dan the Heat (Nightmare)
5th: KingAce (Zass/Asstroth)
6th: GMMA-Mr. Cox (Kilik)
6th: B-boy Tekken (Yoshi)
9th: CNP (Voldo)
9th: C-money (Cass)

It was a 10 man tourney. Pay out was 70/20/10

It could have been a 16 man team or more had Santonio and DallAss would have shown.
Surpise particapants were...
DevilJim cause he only showed for SC.
Bello who hasn't come out for a gathering in over 3 months.
KingAce who claimed that he was only going to play in the tourney if Algol were playable. LOL

Shoutouts to come laters. Peace.

Can we have a list of everyone who was at the tounney? Shogun is bragging about 'lil ol online Taki' winning a tourney, but the only people I see that placed was a guy who doesn't even play this game at 2nd place and another guy I haven't heard much about. Where was Linkrkc, Agustin, Nori, CW, etc?

None of those guys were there. It was about a 10 to 11 people tournament.

I don't know about "online taki stuff," shogun played better than anyone else at that tournament. The only person eating Taki bombs for free was DevilJim...lol.
He practiced and he had a game plan, so he has a right to brag if you ask me.

I will make this announcement here for Texas, I am bringing my Algol to Mashfest, that's the plan. Anyway I can, at the moment he's the only character I am investing time in. Don't run and Don't hide.

Thanks for the update Bboy. Good job Shogun, you took out some viable competitors there. I would have thought someone like Bello or KingAce maybe would have taken it but I guess that shows what I know. Were there any vids capped?

Can we have a list of everyone who was at the tounney? Shogun is bragging about 'lil ol online Taki' winning a tourney, but the only people I see that placed was a guy who doesn't even play this game at 2nd place and another guy I haven't heard much about. Where was Linkrkc, Agustin, Nori, CW, etc?

Wtf I logged on to you saying I was bragging? Man I'll respond to this in a sec before I finish reading the rest of these post.

Ok edit time now that i've read:

Ok first of all KCD you got my words twisted, I was in no form or fashion bragging last night on PSN chat. I was explaining to Xeph and SRL that my playing with Taki is not just 'online' wins, you interpreted it wrong dude. Everytime I beat Xeph it's always "man you don't realize how boosted Taki is online, you will always and only be an online Taki" over and over, I get tired of hearing that shit when I've seen my stuff work countless of times. SRL helped him influence this by having xeph say dumb shit about Taki frames he knew nothing about (6B being 0 on block for one). I was basically saying, that if I was only an "online Taki" then why would I win in my first offline tourney, with an obviously low tier character? Why did I punish with 4 A+B on some whiff frames if it only works with my 'online taki' and stuff like that. I was fishing for answers and just throwing it their face they knew nothing of what they were talking about, no bragging there. I was just stating to them that I'm not just an online player and Taki is not boosted online as much as they think when she doesn't have bombs. Anyways, i've typed enough.

Time for shout outs!

Airbrushking: Man dude thanks for hosting this! I had a blast! It felt really good seeing SC4 played among peeps other than with my own, I really enjoyed that man, I'll most defitnely put the word around and try to get peoples to come next time with me, but the 6 hour drives would be hell so I couldn't come often. Overall, that was some good shit, I really enjoyed that.

DevilJim: DevilJim DevilJim........Devilmuthafuckin' Jim......LMAO! Man dude don't ever make excuses about your losses to me when you fell for my same set ups. I'm a strong believer if it ain't broke don't fix it. I exploited your 33B's and B+K K step-ups with AB 4A+B and A:6 JF's, you didn't change that until finals. I mean they where telling you in the back what I was doing; PO Rushdowns or a standard run into a spaced bomb on knockdown. You where the only one that was eating my bombs for free, but there's also another math into why you where eating my bombs (hovers too), but i'm not revealing those secrets. GG's man, just......don't be a sore loser next time and try to MM me after the tourney, you seem like a coo guy after we chatted, rage shouldn't get you to that point dude (if it was real rage).

B-Boy: Ay thanks for trying to help me with directions to the Fun Plex man. I wish I could've played your Yoshi more to learn some more things about his FC aB jf, that kinda threw me into a loop. I really enjoyed our games, but they where too brief.

King Ace: Man King you rock dude! You really know your punishers, I see that when playing you and watching you play others, nobody better make the mistake of leaving you an oppurtunity, cause you will exploit it and punish. You a coo ass dude, and had me rolling. You also the only one I knew that got loud with me when I started hyping myself and the area. I'd love to play you some more, that was some fun stuff!

JD Elite: Man that's an awesome voldo you have there, you really had to make me think when I played it. The 1A's started catching me towards our last couple of fights when I tried to space them, you know their range more than I did. I spammed the 33~99A PO UB's on the last round because I noticed that on the wire you played more safe, so I was going for building pressure.

Bello: You should smile more dude :). Not once in our rounds did I see you crack a smile or show signs of none-concentration, too much concentrating will give you a hernia! Lol, ok I keed I keed, but nice Cassy none the less. I do know that Cassie's 236 B, is like -11 or so on block which is why I was able to punish it. That was some really good stuff dude, you knew how to put the pressure on also.

Dan the Heat: You my friend were the first to notice my Taki bomb shinanigans, which I think kinda people started getting wind of it lol. I wish we could've hand more time to play, but time was limited and I had to prep for finals.

GMMA: Watch your Kilik spams! I know Kilik spams all too well from online, they're pretty easy to defend once you've seen them a million times! I can get BB JI'd about 80% offline, luckly you only did it once on me :). Mainly just the 214 spam what got you in our matches imo, that can be stepped and blocked low fairly easily. GL with the site too, I might swing through there and check it out from time-to-time.

I really enjoyed all of that, an offline scene is awesome. I know alot of you guys thinking that SC is dying but as long as there people willing to play then it won't die. I'll use a cheesy pun, THE LEGEND WILL NEVER DIE! I know you guys enjoy it, otherwise you wouldn't put money into a game you obviously have no interest in. I hope that you guys try to keep a community going down there as I try to get one started up here (I got about 3 friends that play) I really enjoyed it.

lol that bello comment made me laugh.
Bello only smiles when he wins.

If you're looking for someone to sponsor you for a game ask Cox, GMMA is what he represents.
He can probably get you funds to travel, and an overall cool guy.

They're no videos because BBoy sucks, and doesn't listen. One reason I went was to get my Algol on camera playing some casuals...but noooo.

Anyway Shogun played well. He definitely practiced hard since he previously had plans for Dev..., IMO he's a good tournament player, he adapted well, and punished brilliantly.

DevilJim beat my Zas, that entire fight was really exhausting for an out of practice Zas.
I lost to JDElite, but to be honest BBoy and JD cheated me out of losers. lol
Shogun beat DevilJim into losers.
Then sat down for some casuals while JD lost to Jim.
GrandFinals
Jim won the first 3 games straight to reset, then went on to lose 4 straight to Shogun's taki, probably because of all the trash talk I was doing behind him the entire fight...lol. Eventually the trash talk gets in everyone's head.

The continuation of the wars in Texas...

The King's Algol goes to San Antonio for Mashfest.

Ok so here's my shouts

Shogun: Man oh man good job with the Taki. I know you get shit about being a online player but you proved that all that online play is beneficial in ways offline. You had great punish reaction and a step game that i wasn't ready for. Respect to you sir, You played in a little tournament were everyone had some pretty good skill and took 1st. People can say what they want, until they see for themselves what your about offline, what they say shouldn't phase you.

DevilJim: Fuck You, You suck I'll get you next time ;) and good luck at evo if you go man, wreck shop with that Julia

King Ace: Wahh oh Wahh My Algol.....Shut up Son! why would you waste your time practicing with him when you knew the possibility of the ban? and no hoe No one cheated you in losers, If anything I think it was a little funky for me, I had like 7 matches in all.

DanMan: Once again we play in a tournament, Thankfully it was in my favor this time. Your always so dangerous and you keep me on edge the entire time. No respect loss from me. Your always gonna be the guy i try and focus extra extra hard against.

CNP: It was really a pleasure to get some games in at Bboys and get to know you a bit more. Your a cool dude and I enjoy our Voldo mirrors, Its actually fun because we play kinda similar. I think its just a matter on who builds the momentum man. Hope to see you Next tourny.

Mr. Cox: Nice seeing ya again sucka.

Bboy: What Happened son! I know your better then what you showed. lets get some games in soon. get that Amy rolling.

AirBrush: Thanks for holding the event. Even though it wasn't a big turn out we had a very competitive group of players that made it truly a test your skills kind of thing. We'll at least I think so, I learned a lot.
So I guess MashFest2 is next..

Wtf I logged on to you saying I was bragging? Man I'll respond to this in a sec before I finish reading the rest of these post.

Ok first of all KCD you got my words twisted, I was in no form or fashion bragging last night on PSN chat. I was explaining to Xeph and SRL that my playing with Taki is not just 'online' wins, you interpreted it wrong dude. Everytime I beat Xeph it's always "man you don't realize how boosted Taki is online, you will always and only be an online Taki" over and over, I get tired of hearing that shit when I've seen my stuff work countless of times. SRL helped him influence this by having xeph say dumb shit about Taki frames he knew nothing about (6B being 0 on block for one). I was basically saying, that if I was only an "online Taki" then why would I win in my first offline tourney, with an obviously low tier character? Why did I punish with 4 A+B on some whiff frames if it only works with my 'online taki' and stuff like that. I was fishing for answers and just throwing it their face they knew nothing of what they were talking about, no bragging there. I was just stating to them that I'm not just an online player and Taki is not boosted online as much as they think when she doesn't have bombs. Anyways, i've typed enough.

I don't know all of what you were talking about with Xeph and whoever else. The only part of the argument I saw was when you were arguing with Destinizish and he was telling you there was no way you could punish a Cass 236 whiff with a 30 frame 4A+B. If you see the 236B whiff and then attempt to do 4A+B, by the time the bomb comes out, Cass will have recovered and had time to block. But if you do the 4A+B at about the same time she does the 236B and it whiffs, then that might work. But that's more along the lines of you guessing that she's gonna whiff something that has a long recovery time and doing a bomb, it's not you seeing the move whiff and punishing accordingly. As for the bragging comment, I just saw you ask Xeph more than once in the PSN chat 'well how did I win an offline tourney if I just have a lil ol' online Taki?' so it looked like bragging to me. If it wasn't, fine whatever. Just seemed like it to me. Anyway once again, good job on your offline tourney win.

I call you an online Taki because you play like one. Maybe you did something else, maybe you actually took what I have been saying and removed them from your game. I don't say dumb shit, I just say you're stupid for saying Taki bombs can punish grab whiffs... and now, apparently, Cassandra's 236B whiff. And yes, Taki is boosted incredibly online. Other than this, congrats on a win. MM at FSAK?

edit:
Ace, what the hell? I was expecting you to take gold. Too much Algol practice?

Jeesh another good online competitor? I'm beginning to think most of the well known online competitors could be better than most offline competitors besides the Big Names. Now i'm curious how he would have faired if Link, Nori, Augustin etc. were there.

Krayzie wat do u think? I think i'm gonna have to really dedicate real effort in learning online again to actually be able to see this.

Congrats to Shogun!

I think online players get more familiarity with the attacks and some of the more basic setups. And a lot of people, being used to only their local scenes, don't pull from that same pool of knowledge unless you really have some players who drive it home and some who are willing to learn. I just think you consciously have to get yourself to adapt certain strategies that may not work online. And, because of lag online, people have the tendency to ATTACK ALL THE FUCKIN' TIME! I'm using it as a tool until I get out of the Army, but m just hoping my "only duck when you have a reason to" mentality both kicks back in and isn't effected.

Just wanted to say thank you to the sc4 community for supporting Test Your Skills 10. Congrads to Top 3 for placing! Special shout out goes to shogun for driving through the rain + 6 hours to win his 1st offline tournament. Much props! You are on a good path my friend to top player status. I heard and witnessed some of the sc4 hype and I cant wait to see you all again at Cali Vs Texas 2 (September 4). I will be talking to sponsors to see if I can get the whole roster of games pot bonuses. If all else fails, ill put a pot bonus to sc4 :]. I spoke to gmma about some stuff and we will be coming to an agreement real soon. Until then, I hope everyone stays focused and achieves there goals and most important "GET BETTER". See everyone at Cali Vs Texas 2 on September 4...

Bboy-Tekken: Can you edit the title name to TYS 10 Road to Evo / Results and Shout outs . Thanks for your help in running the tournament. Was much appreciated. Come to jans weeklys on Wednesdays. His fight nights be pack. 45+ players...

DevilJim: I thought you only played tekken. Nice to see you play other games. lol

JD Elite: Good shit man on getting top 3. You earned it!

Gmma: Thanks for the support. Will be talking to you about cali vs texas 2...

ABK: I don't know how to do that.

ShoGun: We can get some online matchs mi amigo.

King: You still would have lost. It was my fault you did pre mature play JD but he still beat you. The brackets still fell the same way. You would have lost, end of story.

Pasadena, We'll play soon

Back