Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Yeah Im startin to get a lil sentinal angsty. The worst part is how easily hit confirmable he is. You NEVER see anyone drop the combos. I have a nifty instant over head with x-23. 8C...but still, fuckers got super armor. Tempted to use him because his assist would be perfect in my team nd him ad taskmaster would be nice...but I have a feeling he's gonna get the nerf hammer (hopefully delivered by Haggar respectively) and I'd want to see the adjustments before I commit to using him. I want to use him but he's so disgustingly OP in certain aspects I can't bring myself to do it.

I seriously can't play this game online. Lag is god awful. My X-23 is this spammy mess of LMH and praying to god I get my dive into OTG into hyper. Simple combo but it drops way to often online and I get OWNED for it. Also can NEVER get advancing guard > Task counter working online. I wind up getting hit. Just gah...I'm nerd ragin as bad as SC4 online. I can seriously only say I feel like i should've lost 5-10 of my matches and the rest I got dicked over hard by lag...and then there's the matches I wreck people and I cant tell if i'm really doing the work or they're dieing in lag trying to deal with my X-23 in their face. :/

Also dropped Super Skrull from my team, he's good but provides nothing for x-23 and taskmaster. I'm doing X-23(ankle)/Iron man(repulsor blast)/Task(vertical shot). With X-23 on point, Ironman assist provides either a safe lockdown, wall to retreat, or a cross up generator. Taskmaster provides a long range aerial entry that can do cross ups as well or simply save me if i get hit. Iron man on point X-23 has the ankle slice low for unblockable but its not that great, but Taskmaster can spam vertical assist while ironman spams beam or pushes back with repulsor. Wait till they try to play projectiles and lvl 3 their ass. With Task on point, ironman assist keeps him safe if they jump my arrow spam and x-23 is for unblockables but not too useful.Team has potential but Iron man is awkward with his normals. I can never get hit c.M to connect with st.H unless i start with c.L. Winds up turning into a poke and no damage. Also his air dash is weird and has a lot of lag before i can cancel it. Tempted to go Dr. Doom instead but the ironman assist is better for this team.

Oh and a new way to wave dash: plink attacks. EXAMPLE: Hit L them 1frame later do M or H. The priority doesn't matter. What this does is cancels your dash into an attack, but then when it gets to the nect frame to start it, it registers both buttons and dashes again. So no need to tap down to wave dash. This is FASTER infact. I much prefer this....tho i will miss the spazziness of MODOK doing traditional wave dashing.

How the fuck does the Rank-Up mechanic work? I'm like 30-2 and I see people with more wins/ losses are on the same level as I am.

Keeping it stylish with eat lead!

Dunno, Wesker is fun but I dropped him from the squad. I'm loving the chemistry with Dante on point and Chris as projectile assist. Every since I learned Chris' guns not only eat special fireballs/beams, but actually go through to hit I've been using him to be my anti Ryu/MOODOK/Sent. I've seen both his machine gun and his magnum eat through Sent's mouth beam and hit. And the multi hit of the machine gun assist keeps opponents locked down long enough to warp in with Dante for either or combo, or a grab if they're blocking.

I'm still cycling through an anchor though. I like X-23, and I would like a faster rush down then Dante but I just don't see much use for her assist. Dante has a better anti air, her nick slice is garbage, and Dante and Chris both have plenty of OTGs making ankle slice redundant/useless. Already got a strong zone game with Chris so don't really need another zoner. It's why I dropped Morrigan. Mirror Hyper ---> Soul Fist spamming is fun though. I just REALLY don't like her dash.

So basically asking for a suggestion on a 3rd character that goes well with Dante/Chris. I was using Morrigan because she can rush down pretty well and zone a lot better, but she's kinda squishy and really don't like her dashes. :\

Going to need more elaboration chaos, or else no one will listen. Explain why people shouldn't?

I wrote all this detailed shit...... took me some time but the site went on maintenance before i could post it.....

so fuck it, if you want to buy it buy it but prepare to be disappointed. maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow , but one day you will look at your MvC3 case and be like -this game is shit on a stick-

Yeah game needs some patching but that's expected. Even as broke as parts are it's still fun as hell. I'm not even frettin over Sentinal and lvl3, I'm more than confidant we'll see the nerfs needed and I can carry on. And really theres so much diversity in my opponents I never get too mad.

Games great, just needs a little patched in lovin. More fun than SSF4 thats' for sure.

I really hope that Capcom chokes the shit out of the game a few weeks in so that all the cool gay stuff is removed without exploring the counters to them.

There's a difference between a good strategy and getting 1 hit KO'd from several scenarios that are good. I hope they let the game flourish too before patching but the sentinal damage is yeah...too much.

Personally I'd like to see a nerf in damage across the board, but maybe less damage scaling. This would reward complex combos more and not make beginner level BnBs do 50%. Would also force sentinal to put in more effort for the damage...not chain easy to 5 hits into hyper for 70%. I'm not royally pissed off at sentinal cuz x-23 can just sit on his face and instant overhead...but he's WAAAAAY to scrub easy, I don't want to see what a top level sentinal can do.

I do. I also want to see a game that doesn't end in time outs 90% of the time like this does when set to lower damage. I'm not saying the game is anywhere near perfect but excessive premature bitching and crowing for patches in this day and age can lead to terrible consequences for FGs.

Personally I'd like to see a nerf in damage across the board, but maybe less damage scaling. This would reward complex combos more and not make beginner level BnBs do 50%.

As a Dante player I'm gonna have to take the morale high road and ask to exclude him from this statement. Some of his most basic combos I know easily chew through 50% of Haggar's heath, 25% chip, not including Devil Trigger or X-Factor. I'm learning his more advance stuff watching Isa and Tragic and if damage scaling got nerfed a lot of his moderately difficult sequences would be like around a 75% health raper. His more flashy ones would take out 90%+.

Actually, I'm pretty sure other characters like D. Pheonix and C. Viper might benefit from a damage scaling reduction to greatly, too. But I will say this...

Sent does need a power nerf. Or keep the power and slow him down. I still feel Sent is very similar to how he was in MVC2. Crazy fast and smacks like a brick.

Or you could learn instant overheads, proper rushdown, 100% combos and doing snapbacks in combos with the intent of dealing with a specific character asap.

Back