Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Gotta say, i find UMvC3 much harder then MvC3, i think in MvC3 i had 400 wins online vs 100 loses in that area, and it's not turning out that way this time so far lol.

I personally don't care about winning, but when i get defeated by a person with 20 loses and 0 wins, something is very wrong with me and the way i play.

Any of you got any tips? Also how do i break out of an air-combo be dealt to me? i see others break out of my air combo, i use to know how to do this but now i forget.

So far Wesker my main is now meant for Advanced players it seems, i can't remember all those ridiculous command inputs and so quickly lol.

Ghost Rider and Strider have both saved my butt due to my Fail as being a wesker player. oh well, at any rate, yay for street fighter alpha chun li ALT and Casual Morrigan gamestop bonuses. :D
You can only break TAC's an you do that by hitting S+the direction they hit you when it flashes. It is now easier to do and more obvious, but still tough in general. So if you get hit sideways, you'll flash green and you have a small window to hit S+sideways and break out.

Wesker I think would be easier. You no longer need to do LMH>QCF+L>dash>dash>gunshot. You can just do LMH>QCF+L>teleport follow up>gunshot. His combos look easier, just his counters got worse and you can't derp shot full screen for combo or do easy throw resets.

Give it time, the changes make everything feel different, even if things look the same. Also character ignorance on the new 12 and new tech to old characters adds a lot to random wins.

To any who have played online already, how is it compared to Vanilla? It might be a while until i get my legit copy of Ultimate to start venturing into online myself and I just want to know if it improved any.

DAT GHOST RIDER MUDDA FUCKA. AWWW YEAH.

All ghetto aside though, ghost rider is a bastard and now he is my bastard. I was fucking people up with him since people don't know how to deal with him. Pairing him with a beam assist is too good but a third assist is what I'm looking for right meow. Anyone have a suggestion?

Also SHIN the online is pretty good. Just don't expect high lvl players

Nova is looking more impressive each passing day because this guy got some of Magnus's flashiness in his combos.

I mean, LOOK AT DEM GYMNASTICS! Nova looks like he wanna grow a mustache too!

U LIEK DAT!

You can only break TAC's an you do that by hitting S+the direction they hit you when it flashes. It is now easier to do and more obvious, but still tough in general. So if you get hit sideways, you'll flash green and you have a small window to hit S+sideways and break out.

Wesker I think would be easier. You no longer need to do LMH>QCF+L>dash>dash>gunshot. You can just do LMH>QCF+L>teleport follow up>gunshot. His combos look easier, just his counters got worse and you can't derp shot full screen for combo or do easy throw resets.

Give it time, the changes make everything feel different, even if things look the same. Also character ignorance on the new 12 and new tech to old characters adds a lot to random wins.

K been doing what you said, i think im starting to understand, but it does feel odd, like did the timings for Weskers counter change at all or were they simply nerfed to hell or something?

Also he seems to deal alot more damage when his glasses are broken or off, i could just be imagining this but his attack power at least doubles when this happens.

And i still can break away from air-combo's people do on me. :/

Also how to deal with Hawkeye Arrow spam? D:

AND (lol) lastly who do you recommend as a good assist for that (GET OFF ME!) effect? theres so many characters now im to lazy to test them all in training mode. x.x

God I'm having trouble getting any damage out of Ghost Rider, the most I've gotten so far is around 700k and that's with 1 assist and DHC into Dorm Chaotic flame. Maybe I still need to spend more lab time with GR but right now it's looking like his damage output is really low.

@Leshain: The best assist GTFO assist in the game has to go to P.Wright. Both his A. assist and his B. assist are fully invincible from start to finish ONLY WHEN HE IS IN TURNABOUT MODE.

On a side note, I noticed that Nemesis seems to cap at about 800k damage, no matter what the combo may be. Also, Iron Fist looks like he's gonna be high tier with an assist to cover his approach because once he touches you -> It's party time and he can dish out 900k easy without a DHC

Still having coon team building issues. He needs a fast projectile. I tried my main Taskmaster but it doesn't feel fast enough so I'm pretty locked into Magneto/Doom/Hawkeye as options. Right now I'm doing Hawkeye because I'm really bad with the other 2. I need a 3rd character tho, mainly to help hawkeye pin a target down as he's risky when he whiffs. Suggestions? Also team order? I've been toying with Dorm and Dante.

Another idea is simply to have a really strong DHC/TAC after the coon since he can open up anyone instantly, but lacks damage threat.

Okay, so I got the game finally (probably should've waited a little longer, Zelda comes out in two days) and I got a hold of Vergil and I'm having fun with him, but I noticed that a lot of his normals are unsafe on block. Not to mention lots of recovery time on Trick-teleports, making it hard to mix up effectively.

I'm also having trouble grasping Firebrand and Doc Strange. I really picked a team of really difficult characters, huh?

Im on the verge of giving up, it's just to much for me to handle, playing SCIV and SC:BD has made me speed retarded. @.@

Still having coon team building issues. He needs a fast projectile. I tried my main Taskmaster but it doesn't feel fast enough so I'm pretty locked into Magneto/Doom/Hawkeye as options. Right now I'm doing Hawkeye because I'm really bad with the other 2. I need a 3rd character tho, mainly to help hawkeye pin a target down as he's risky when he whiffs. Suggestions? Also team order? I've been toying with Dorm and Dante.

Another idea is simply to have a really strong DHC/TAC after the coon since he can open up anyone instantly, but lacks damage threat.

I would recommend Dorm simply because he got much better now and he can create space and buy time for your characters in case they need help. Chaotic Flames is also a super that's too good right now; it has good DHC follow ups to 'coon's combos or Hawkeye. Even if you can't get the damage, you can get the set ups with the stalking flare.

Nah Dorm's assist are pretty meh for the most part, sure he can DHC well with racoon but he doesn't add much to the team.

Yeah I was feelin dorm with his lock down assist for RR. I need to get back into him, been so long since I used him since I discovered Taskmaster. My bigger worry is hawkeye needing assists and thats where i wasnt sure with dorm.

New Team Idea! Ghost/Nova/Dorm Nova has an overhead assist that can set up some long range unblockables for Ghost. Then I can also use chain of rebutal with ghost to set up some unblockables for Nova and with the two of them building up meter I can use it when Dorm gets on to the field and spam stalking flames.

Hey guys, do you know any re-launch moves for Vergil after the first aerial combo? Normally I can combo the character then finish off with S (Shooting Star) and then follow up with 3H once the hit the ground for a re-launch. However, you can't really do anything after 3H - short of doing a super. I was wondering if there were any other options?

Back