Utilizing Cervantes' Soul Gauge

franman

[13] Hero
So has anyone figure out in what best situations to use BE?

So far I think the best BE right now is 4B BE as means of punish and for mix-ups.

I only find 6B BE useful when the person fell into Cervy's quake.

WS A+B BE I only use it after CH2A+B. Thing is WS A+B BE can be stepped.

4B BE is good, and supers for punishment/combo extension. Examples: CE will punish a blocked bullrush or allow for something like 3B, 8B+K, iGDR, CE, CE (~130-140).

Personally I find that BE's aren't really that great in most combo situations when Cervy does already high damage combos at no cost like in the case of 3B iGDR iGDR or 3B iGDR B2 or most commonly iGDR x3 slightly less but I find it worth saving the gauge for something that I may find worth while in the future. Unless of course this finishes off the character in the last round I would use it.

This brings further to next step budgeting your use of soul gauge, I find it's best to keep soul gauge as much as you can afford to use it unless of course you need to use CE to RO the opponent. Also if your gauge is at max, time to spend some even if your opponent is about to win his second round victory.

CE gunshot is good for RO as stated earlier but it's also good for W! setups.

I see his 4B BE and 6B BE as his only useful BEs. 4B BE for punish/force block mixup and 6B BE in a combo or in a step and punish situation. The only thing WR A+B BE is good for is a free aB near a wall and his grab BE? That is gonna be ducked or broken. Damn yellow flash.

@fran Is it really ok to use WR A+B BE after CH 2A+B? Wasting half a bar for about 6 points of extra dmg compared to a regular one. I'd save that meter for 4B BE or GI

Ya I should stop using that but here's the thing, WS A+B BE by itself (meaning just doing that move) ppl can step it. What if I bump into someone who steps it? Unless you can suggest a situation where WS A+B BE is plausible.

I actually find myself looking for extra ways to spend meter because of how quickly I end up building it. Every standard ,ajor combo builds 1/4 bar on its own, plus the meter you get for everything you block, etcetera, etcetera, not to mention things like 6B+K at max range to apply psychological pressure.

^Well the problem maybe that it hints to the person that you're using A grab.

Also about WS A+B BE I find that the only use for it in such as situation maybe near a wall where there's another wall nearby it's probably the only way I could think of. Clockwise is the only way to step it so with the adjacent wall or edge it prevents that.

The reason I've stopped using his EX grab, is that A+G, 3B hits anyone that doesn't immediately tech or block. LOTSSSSSSS of people do not immediately tech/block this, and I'm talking tourney players here. If they wise up, you've now forced them into a really predictable response every time you A grab them.

Using half a bar for 15 extra damage, when that bar could go towards whoring out 4B EX or shooting people in the face, I really can't justify that meter usage.

The reason I've stopped using his EX grab, is that A+G, 3B hits anyone that doesn't immediately tech or block.

This isn't universally true, unfortunately. A 3B in this situation even whiffs on Astaroth's chubby ass. You can dash in and do it, but that might make it techable. Should test that...

A+G into dash up 2A+B is a force block and if it hits them grounded you can RCC into another 2A+B force block

I'll have to test that out, haven't had many times where it whiffed. I'll try out both just in case. I plan on using him some this weekend, basically until I'm so pissed from dropping iGDR that I just give up and go back to Raph lol. But if he wins some matches along the way, then cool.

His Soul Gauge should be only used for 4B BE and CE combo Extenders. Nothing more.

People are already learning how to Just guard consistently so expect to get severely punished every time you do a random 22/88A BE or WS A+B BE. As for the throw, is not worth it unless you are going for the last kill in a random manner. But no, the flashing will give you away, anyway.

His Soul Gauge should be only used for 4B BE and CE combo Extenders. Nothing more.

People are already learning how to Just guard consistently so expect to get severely punished every time you do a random 22/88A BE or WS A+B BE. As for the throw, is not worth it unless you are going for the last kill in a random manner. But no, the flashing will give you away, anyway.

CE can punish a lot of things that are not normally punishable. Using Astaroth as an example, you can use CE to punish tip range 44A, or bullrush. That's pretty big if it's gonna net you a round.

Not too many people I've played can react to the A+G BE flash, but I generally don't use it anyway because it sucks a lot more if it is ducked compared to a regular grab.

Yeah, CE for punishment as well. Forgot about that.

As of Astaroth's 44A I tend to go with A+B since it requires no bar and the damage is somewhat comparable unless you are willing to empty your SG with another CE for maximum damage, of course.

I half agree with only combo extensions, CE, and 4B BE...Cant tell you how many times I've had meter and used 2 whole bars on GI to get out of bad situations. I totally think saving it for GI's is fine, especially if you have a strong iGDR.

Back