Vader/Yoda announced for PS3/360!

I just saw the news. I knew NB would eventually do this. I'm not paying for a weak ass character but I probably will since I can't stand having that one empty square. NB can eat a fat one for not making this free.

From what I understand, a lot of people knew about this. They were just waiting for it to be offical word...

I have a 360. I despise Yoda (disgrace), but the apprentice is at least tolerable (but sucky). Is Vader really that terrible?

I'm down for this. been wanting to have all 3 SW characters to use for awhile now.

The thing is if we allow Yoda/Vader following this I believe one rule should be allowed for Yoda:
When selecting him you can raise your SG by 2-4 extra points/levels/whatever. As it is right now it is absurdly easy to soul crush him even post patch. 2/3 soul gauge is a fucking retarded nerf for a character, especially since it doesn't come into play for any other character.

Great news. We all knew it was coming, so it seems silly for Namco to keep this "secret" under wraps any longer.

It'll cost nearly 10 percent of the game to purchase Yoda...what?

I'm glad somebody else realizes how extortionate this is....too many people ARE going to pay for it for their not to be any justice...*sigh*

PSN play will be even more """"FUN"""" when he's released..

The extra stage is that 3rd SW stage which is in the same room as the other two stages. It's fundamentally just Labarynth except it will have the SW theme....so it's pretty pointless....unless of course you suffer OCD and feel an unquenchable desire to have everything despite how incredibly pointless it all is.

I think NB may have taken too long on this, and most likely hurt themselves money-wise. I think by now a lot of the casual players have stopped playing (hence the lesser amount of people online), and that would have been a lot of the paying customers for Yoda. If they released him earlier, I think they would have sold a lot more Yoda characters than now... it just seems too late.

Either way, it's not like they didn't just bank on the Halloween DLC pack, SC1 soundtracks and the first DLC pack.

I'm down for this. been wanting to have all 3 SW characters to use for awhile now.

The thing is if we allow Yoda/Vader following this I believe one rule should be allowed for Yoda:
When selecting him you can raise your SG by 2-4 extra points/levels/whatever. As it is right now it is absurdly easy to soul crush him even post patch. 2/3 soul gauge is a fucking retarded nerf for a character, especially since it doesn't come into play for any other character.

I don't think that's necessary considering throws and attack throws automatically fail on Yoda, and Highs whiff from his neutral state.

I don't think that's necessary considering throws and attack throws automatically fail on Yoda, and Highs whiff from his neutral state.

Not All highs whiff though.As it stands now many characters can make him flash in a single round. Yoda has so much going against him that the 2/3 nerf is just like taking a piss on a dude who got hit by a car while he was on fire.

It doesn't make sense to make them legal since not everyone is going to buy this DLC, but I got no problems if anyone wants to make Vader legal since the PS3 is the standard console.

I want to get rid of that empty square but I am not paying money for Yoda since I will never fight with him. I won't be cockslapped by NB by more weak DLC which they could have released sooner since who knows how long it will be before it makes it over to US/EU and since the casual players probably up and left by now onto something else which makes them less likely to come back and buy this.

I guess this would be good news for the 360 owners though since they will now be able to get Darth Vader.

Extra stages would be something I would buy, but if the stages weren't so weak to begin with I wouldn't have to. Is it so wrong to ask for good DLC since this is now the new thing in video games? Just give me something that I can buy that doesn't have me feeling bad afterwards.

Yoda can get CF'd? That's weird. No throws on Yoda makes sense... he's too short. Now imagine Tira's CF on Yoda... she's too tall to kiss him?

If you've ever played in the Secret Stage, it's totally bland... Nobody ever notices it, but at the bottom of the elevator...is a bottomless pit. I'd imagine service elevators LEAD to something in Star Wars (good visual potential here), but in SC4... gotta have that bottomless pit.

As for Malice's comment about casual players, it's very true. From what I read, a whole mess of casual people have already traded/returned in the game...

Yoda can get CF'd? That's weird. No throws on Yoda makes sense... he's too short. Now imagine Tira's CF on Yoda... she's too tall to kiss him?

Everyone's CF on yoda is just a random unblockable. . cept for Algol's. .

I haven't seen Yoda's secret stage, but in CAS, Vader is on a service elevator so probably that stage is already in the game and probably Yoda as well. The DLC most likely justs unlocks him for play instead of being something that actually has to be downloaded and added to the game.

Namco better be happy that I love playing SC cuz this is weak. I can think of so many things that can be added to this game that people would buy and would also extend the life of the game, but that will never be. Oh well.

Everyone's CF on yoda is just a random unblockable. . cept for Algol's. .
...Algol's being pretty badass. Too bad he can't do a move like that outside of a CF on Yoda.

If Yoda/Vader end up being priced like what was mentioned, it'll still be doubtful as to whether they'd be tourney legal, 'cause you'd have to pay extra so you can get practice against them.

As far as Yoda balance, customizing his soul gauge as a rule in a tourney would make as much sense as allowing Algol in play except restricting the use of his bubbles. His weak soul gauge was most likely Namco's way of offsetting his height. In addition, it almost makes sense (almost), like you wouldn't expect Yoda to be able to block Astaroth's :4::4::B: as well as the rest of the cast (not the best point considering all of the other physical discrepancies in SC but w/e, I thought I'd point that out). I still think Yoda hasn't developed as a character yet. There still might be potential in him, it's just that no one (except maybe two other people) take him seriously.

Yoda's 'secret stage' is the elevator thing too.

Back