Viola Video Discussion

They're not techable and the ones where he does 6B+K--> 66a aren't air controllable.

Exactly this.

I KIND of messed with this, but because I'm retarded, never thought of just resetting to AAB again. Rofl. The damage isn't THAT much more than it is if you just AAB, but it's enough to start doing it.

Most his tech is old stuff that can be found around here though, guys. He has a couple of unique things going on in his combos, but the rest of it's pretty known. Most of Tokido's success is just from being a really smart player. His decision making is great.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8787A0E0BBEBA675&feature=mh_lolz
My New SCV playlist. Taking SC Seriously now and trying to learn/improve by a WIDE margin. A lot of these viola vids (and leixia) I'm getting bodied and I do see some mistakes or some were made because of slight lag hits (dropped or unfinished combos and OBVIOUS punishers). Other than that Go ahead and grill me if u need to, I need to get better and fast. I noticed too that when I use leixia against viola I body her, but when I fight mirror matches I lose. I needa fix that. Got beat by some A rank guy: Mugen something or other, good player but I made stupid mistakes that cost me when I coulda had the rounds I lost. I knew better. Have at it guys :)

Can I fight you in a couple matches cause like you I have a problem with mirror matches an I thought you can help me and I can help you

By all means, send me a FR on PSN and maybe we can iron out each others kinks. It's odd, I know what to do to get around her but using her against myself I seem to not be doing it lol. I think it's in my head. Like I said with leixia I got no problems at all. Honestly I think I'm so concerned with what I should be doing next that I forget to pay attention to what my opponent is doing, it's VERY costly

GG's KarrDein, I can post the vids of our matches on YT or not, it's up to you. I only post to have others study the vids, but I like to ask ppl I have contact with in the viola threads. Bout to post in the GG's thread since other stuff doesn't belong here.

Go ahead lol you creamed me 7 in a row I've never been beat te bad but like I said in the message on psn I've only ha the game for like 6 or 7 days I hope we keep in touch I had fun today pretty good birthday so far lol maybe more matches tommorow if your on

Ah, haven't been on PSN since our match, and don't worry bout all that, the matches weren't for the wins it was training. and only 7 days? Damn dude on the real not bad at ALL for 7 days. BTW my youtube channel is in my sig and Happy B-Day, didn't know :)

can someone give me some tips on how to be tough mitsus like this one and also can you judge me on my gameplay and tell me what i can do to get better.

To be honest I have a LOT of trouble with this matchup. I do ok against "OK" mitsus but if I fight a solid or good one (RTD, KrayzieCD) I got bodied with little effort on their part. They literally just hang back and poke me inside her worst range (mid to edge of mid) and it's extremely hard to get in since if I run in I get stabbed. The best success I've had so far is to try and bait him and play SOLID, I try not to use too many gimicks or unsafe rushdown now. I also went into the mitsu forums and even leixia forums (they have frame data and in the leixia forums a punishment guide vs him so I just applied similar speed moves to viola and use them to punish). He has one of the best 50/50 in the game so it's really a matter of picking up on an opponents habits too. Biggest thing I saw in the vid is again, be careful at that mid range, cuz if you whiff........

Vegeta, I like your play, it's really good! One criticism I do have, though, is that when you do the CE, you generally immediately just follow up with :4::4::A+B:, when I feel like you should be applying the mixup with :1::K:/:B::B:/throws etc. Nine times out of ten I either get a combo or a throw in this way, both of which result in more damage than that unblockable.

It's a great trick to use at the end of the match when it'll kill them, but you have better options in other situations. Also note that it can be JGed.

Exactly this.

I KIND of messed with this, but because I'm retarded, never thought of just resetting to AAB again. Rofl. The damage isn't THAT much more than it is if you just AAB, but it's enough to start doing it.

Most his tech is old stuff that can be found around here though, guys. He has a couple of unique things going on in his combos, but the rest of it's pretty known. Most of Tokido's success is just from being a really smart player. His decision making is great.
with the 2B+K BE 6B+K 66A do you have any tips on how to land that cause i really want to start using it in combos

your opponet has to be caught on there side. sorry if im blowing up people notifications.
44A BE(second hit) 6B+K 6B (orb hits)A+G 3B W! 6B+K 6B(orb hits) A+G 3B W! 6B+K 6B (orb hits)A+G 3B AAB 6A+B(slight charge) 2B+K BE 6B+K 66A (orb hits) AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE 44A BE 2K 2B+K BE B+K 66B 66A+B

Back