Virtua Fighter 5R for console!!!

mystd

[08] Mercenary
Sry for the misleading subject but it's on purpose. We have a chance to make it possible! Kamaage has contact to some of Segas higher ups. VFDC is currently collecting Messages, names and location from playes which want a release of VF5R. Those will be added to a document and given to the devs and president of sega! We need to have 500 pages or more!

So tell everyone you know and post at:
http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/273302/1

Or post here and I will post it at VFDC for you!

While Im not one to shy away from helping out fellow FG communities anyway I can. My problem with VF isn't the game nor its community. Those are the best things about VF. My issue is console owners who pick up a VF always seem to get screwed. We got VF4 Evo, they come out with FT. We finally get VF5 ver. B...they do C, we GET that. THEN 5R slides out. In today's magical world of patches, downloadable games, and DLC. sega, am2, whoever is in charge of that. Needs to find an effective way to bring out VF and keep it constantly up to date with the latest versions.

My solution would be take a cue from Namco, like what they did with T5 DR and release it on PSN(or even XBL's Games on Demand) as a full downloadable game(no production of discs have to take place) and update the console versions with patches and add-ons. Then again, telling any gaming company how to do their job is like talking to a wall. Especially marketing.

So you can take this message with you:
Rob "Rekano" Denton. Georgetown, KY USA
I'd really like to see Virtua Fighter 5R come to console, as a long time fighting game fan. I'd definitely pick up a copy.

I support this entirely, and have.

That said, Sega won't do it. VF5 sold like dogshit on the 360. seriously, it barely made 5 digits on the 360.

It would be very hard to convince them it would be different this time.

I hope I'm wrong, and would love to be. I wanted to try out Jean.

Yes it would be great if they would make it downloadable. Risk would be lower but as it looks now they dont even consider making the port. That would be a waste, it was bad enough that Final Tuned never came out on console. And thx a bunch for the support ^-^

You can post for me mystd. I support any game community getting what they want. What Rekano said is a great idea. Release it as DLC so it'll be easier to update and less money spent in the long run.

I need your messege to sega then ^-^ U can pm it if u like. Thx for the support again :D

That said, Sega won't do it. VF5 sold like dogshit on the 360. seriously, it barely made 5 digits on the 360.

i agree whats the point of releasing it when hardly anybody plays vf for the consoles.

As DLC it wouldn't matter if it didnt sell well. Sega would still make money with it. VF5R is very different from VF5 too, its much darker and better looking which would sell better on the western market. The problem with VF5 is that it looks like plastic, also a lot of content is missing since it was rushed to be a realease game for the PS3. The high prices of the PS3 and 360 were a reason it sold badly too. Making a version on the 360 when most of asia uses the Playstation 3 was stupid. I personaly think Sega just made the 360 version because they were mad at Sony, like all other publishers that had planned to realease on PS3 only.

PSP port. Those tend to sell well enough in Japan.

We have aprox. 250 pages now, but the support is slowly fading. So if there still are some ppl left that haven't written for the petition plz do! It's really needed now.

I can't see Sega not bringing that out to consoles unless they're masochists. Here's hoping they will.

It's like Sega is trying to out fantroll Namco. It's a battle where everyone loses and nobody has a bit of fun.

Good show, Sega. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I can't see Sega not bringing that out to consoles unless they're masochists. Here's hoping they will.

The problem is that they ARE masochists and they enjoy pissing on every property they own. People say Namco is bad, but god help you if you're a VF fan (Or a fan of any Sega game).

Dreamkiller I heart you to death and further, but even moreso for saying Sega sucks.

what was that shit at :36? that looked interesting, like a GI. I hope it was cause if GI is in the game then yea buddy.

Back