Virtual-On

Wow, this looks awesome. I did not play the Dreamcast one very much, but I do remember the Saturn one. That game was fast paced action awesome. I never played it seriously, but I loved every second of it.

I don't think I will get it. But if anyone is playing it around me, I would gladly play it for hours, and then later get the game anyway.

played the demo for about 10 seconds today (thats how long the demo WAS..lol). The controls on a controller just. .. i don't know they just don't feel RIGHT without the duel sticks to me even after changing the controller setting to somewhat resemble the duel sticks. And does it seriously not have any split screen multiplayer??? Part of my reason for getting it would have been to play an old classic with my bros during spring breaks and summers and stuff... but without that I feel I'll have to skip it for now over a more split-screen multiplayer oriented game like castle crashers. And then there is MvC2 which will be great fun to NOT play online since I have no feeling to ever get "good" at that game (mashing out infinite and what not..lol).

in short though.. I recommend to download the demo first and then see how you feel about how the game plays before throwing down for it.

If the original duel sticks weren't so expensive and if the xbox controller wasn't such a hassle to mod, i'd Frankenstein an xbox controller into a dual stick and beat all of you online

Heh this game is awesome. I love fast movement systems, even if I can't keep up. Makes me want to go back to playing Gunz with its sword cancel tricks or just some good ol' fashioned Quake. Right now I'm just a typical Temjin scrub, obviously I'll start to branch out to the more specialized characters (maybe Aph B for CC and Raiden for lasers) when/if I get the basics down...

Shardz found a good FAQ with all the basics and movement tricks and such. I'm still terrible at it lol, who here wants to beat me up?

No shame in using Temjin, I guess he won some major Japan tourney when the game was in arcades way back.

Yoooo, I have this game. Since I barely see you guys anymore, hop on Live and let's get this party started! Be warned: I'm also a no0b. Temjin ftw. lol

the final boss is easy. If you know all your roids special moves. All you do is dodge for you life and when the eye pops out blast it to hell and dodge its super laser. Then blast it some more before time runs out.

Funny how this game is more fitting to the name 8wayrun, yet no one ever mentions. Against Tangram when it opens its eyes, use ur most damaging attack which is usually Right turbo + Any weapon (depending on which char). If its Temjin, u want to be using more RT + RW. Tho before that use RT + LW (bomb) to absorb his lasers aside from its Mega Laser. Usually it may not be possible to empty all ur shots within the first opportunity. Tho do watchout for the timer as it can be instant mission fail if u endup with more health.

how easy/hard is it to find people to play? i loooooove voot but i dont want to buy it if theres no one to play with.

Easy enough to find people play, not so easy to win. I'm 1-17 so far, and the 1 win was against someone randomly spinning in circles and mashing RW, didn't even dash. Trying to follow the information I'm finding online, but I'm losing every single game I play. Some of them are just blowouts. So at some point, something's gotta give.

Just smack 'em with Temjin's gun out of a forward or diagonal dash, hit 'em with a grenade when they stand up, rinse and repeat. Side dash attacks are pretty much worthless.

Ya, sidedash attacks leaves u open for too long it gets u killed. Generally speaking, if u sidedash, their forward dash attack will hit u 90%. As Marginal put it, thats forward/ diagonal forward is the way to get decent dmg only when u are punishing. Tho being too committed at this will get u punished by their forward dash/ airdash attacks. You have to know when they are committed in their dash attack or landing from a jump before your shot can make it. Other times as Temjin, make good use of your Left turbo bomb to harrass. It homes and bounces near them, takes a chunk of Varmour off and does a tiny bit of dmg. Other times when your are not committed to a dash, just keep firing RW while sliding and running (not dashing). Dont forget Temjin's special move, Surfing Ram (jump> fwdash> CW) which deals tons of damage on hit and homing is very good. Best used as a trump card against those who have lost sight of you and when time is running out as it depletes all gauges.

since the brunt of my scholwork is now behind me i just downloaded the game. I almost forgot how awesome it is.

now i gotta get used to playing this on a 360

Back