Voldo Tech Traps

DarkMessiah

[09] Warrior
so i see all these threads for tech traps for everyone else except voldo and ivy. does voldo have any tech traps?

A little work About Voldo's traps from soulcalibur.fr:

http://soulcalibur.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7169&sid=02cb4ede315974865f64bf6f21157591

F = Forward
N = Neutral
B = Back
R = Right
L = Left

CH 66K

- 4KA, F/N/B. Trap RO assez violent.

- WS A, all sides.

- WS B, F/N/B/R.

CR AA

- 3A, all sides. Starter unsafe (-21). Avantage de +2 post trap.

CH CR AA

- 66B, F/N/B/L.

- 6:6B, F/N/B. Combo gros DMG post trap.

BS 1A

- 66A (1 hit), F/N/B/L.

- WS B, F/N/B.

- FC B, F/N/B. Gros trap RO.

44A

- A+B, F/N/B. Combos gros DMG possibles post trap.

- 1K, 1[K], F/N/B. Trap RO monstrueux avec 1K, 6:6B, 66B.

- 3BB, F/N/B. Trap gros DMG, mais starter High.

- 3A, all sides. Avantage de +2 post trap.

- 6:6B, F/N/B. Combo gros DMG post trap.

- 4B, F/N/B. Inutile

CH 6K

- 3BB, F/N/B. Gros DMG. Starter TJ/TC safe.

- 6:6B, F/N/B. Plus gros DMG que 3BB mais plus skillé.

- 3A (delay), all sides. Delayer un petit peu le 3A, +2 post trap.

CH LF A

- B, F/N/B.

- A, all sides.

CH 6B

- 6:6B, F/N/B. (N'a pas l'air de passer sur Night, sauf près edge/wall, je testerais le reste du cast plus tard)

Feel free to correct me f I'm wrong.

french people are funny... that plus tard at the end got me

I gotta give it to them 3A for tech traps is something I didnt think of

3A is odd... on Yun it's a vertical, allowing his crane stance to evade it which is bull...
I think this has been explained...
Anyway, tech traps... right...

CH 66K:
BS 66K - F/N/B (i don't know about right or left)

BS CH 22A:
BS 4A+B - all direction I'm sure...

BS 33BB:
BS 66K - F/N/B etc...

6:6{B} (on airborne opponent):

6:6 - F/N/B/ hits grounded (if they tech correctly then its 6:6B combo time)
CR B - hits grounded only, not sure about tech...
BS 66K:
BS 33BB - F/N/B/ hits grounded
BCR B - F/N/B/R/ hits grounded (I know this works after BS 66K on an airborne opponent)
Thats all I can think of off the top of my head for now... I'm not sure if this stuff was mentioned in here already...

BS 1A:
BS FC 2B - F/B
Thats it, doesn't catch sides...

I found recently -
CH BS 3B, BS 66K (combo):
BS 22B - F/B/L/R/G
BS 66A - F/B/L/R
(delay) BCR B - F/B/L/R/G
BS 1{B} - G (only)
After CH BS 3B I know there are more damaging guaranteed options but this at least has potential, you need to delay BS 66K slightly so that the opponent gets pulled towards Voldo on KND, from there you can implement the above tech traps... I like BS 22B because it covers all bases and offers some of the more damaging followups but BCR B would be a good tech trap too...

I know you posted this back in march. But damn that's a good find man. I like to do BS CH 3B BS66K and then 2A+B cancel into MCHT which leaves you with that dirty mixup.

If you do it that way, wouldn't CH BS 3B, BS 3B, 2A+BG~MCHT do more damage? I'm unsure, but it is easier...

You can also pull out a BS 1{B} when the opponent is properly placed from CH BS 3B, BS 66K combo...
After BS A+B, 1A Voldo is left in Crouched position, following up with FC 3A+B hits grounded afterward IF they stay down, opponents could get up in FC'd and FC 3A+B would whiff, or they could block it leaving Voldo at about +1, and I'm not sure if this catches ground rolls but I tend to do this and it does work sometimes...
2A+B236G, 6:6{B}
is actually a combo... BS 22B, 2A+B236G, 6:6{B} is another combo...
BS 1A, BS 66A catches F/B/L (catches all directions near walls)...
BS 1A, (crouch cancel), BS 2A+BG~MCHT is a down trap, doesn't catch tech but catches ground rolls...
With BS 3B I figured you would be following up with BS 66K anyway so using it off of both CH BS 3B and regular BS 3B could be easier, just get that timing down... I found CH BS 3B, BS 66K(perfect), BS 22B is a combo, the BS 22B needs to be delayed slightly for it to catch ALL tech and is the best option...

Yeah I was wondering aboutthat because after you posted it I was testing it trying the get the timing for the 66K down (really hard for me for some reason) and sometimes it didn't actually relaunch but it still hit for damage when the dummy was set to All guard... But yeah this is a good find. But 1A after BS a+b? I know that 2A+B is unreliable, but it actually hits a lot for me :/ and it's more guaranteed damage..

P.S - the second 3B is actually like 5 more damage, so thanks for that.

OHHH "Ass Pull" I really like that man, great terminology - hilarious -
Well on CH BS 3B, BS 66K you need to hit the opponent with Voldo's ass during the launch as high as possible, if they drop too low it just gives the normal ground slide... And the BS 22B followup/combo/tech~trap needs a specific delay, if you mess it up it either gets blocked or hits grounded (this you already know), but if you get the delay perfect (or just down for the most part) an opponent teching Left after the "Ass Pull" gets a ground hit I believe, not sure... By the time you realize that you got the "Ass Pull" it should've been enough of a delay for BS 22B, for online anyway... I feel getting this down is a must (at least for me)... BS A+B, 2A+B236K does more damage and is garaunteed near walls, I do BS A+B, 1A out in the open because of trust issues...

Here's some stuff of questionable usefulness I've been toying around with lately:

After 1[K], BS 1K, BCR B or BS 6K hits, you can jump over your opp and get a back throw/A+B mixup if they tech left or right. There is a bit of timing involved, but it's not very hard once you get it down. All you gotta do is be patient and jump just before or just when they tech.

If you're lucky enough to hit with a MCFT 6A+K, MCFT [B+K] will catch left or right. It also catches back on characters with poor tech, like amy and the increase in damage from the MCFT 6A+K, MCFT B+K combo can be pretty significant (from ~60 to 80-100 damage).

Also after MCFT B+K or MCFT [B+K] you can MCFT [6] for a moment and catch left or right with MCFT [B+K]. Cant seem to loop it more than 2-3 times though as voldo have to realign with the opp after each loop. Again, the increase in damage when ending with combo of choice is significant.

BCR B -> BS 22K seems to catch all directions, but not back (I cant get BS 22K[K] to nc at least) on characters with long tech distance, like asta. Thats ~70 damage on top of what you've done up to the point when BS 22K catches. I.e, CH BS B+K combo to this tech trap is around 70 + 70 damage.

Tried these on a bunch of different characters and on myself and they seem to be consistent. None of these hits grounded though. Just saying.

Man I can't believe I missed this for so long. Zombiebear, you magnificent bastard, that CH BS 3B into AYYYYYUSS! tech trap is fan-fucking-tastic.

Mad kudos

Back