Voldo Tech Traps

I'm actually not sure what the big deal with that trap is, I know Enkindu posted a video on it. Isn't it 100 damage if the trip catches? CH BS3B BS2A+B is close to 100 damage guaranteed isn't it? With really good Oki too. Even the standard combo CH BS3B BS3B BS22B is over 80 damage. I've found even when I input instantly CH BS3B BS66K is unreliable, sometimes it whiffs completely. How much does CH BS3B BS66K BS22B trap do if they don't tech?

PS The main thing I would say in favor of this, assuming that the whiffing is my fault and that the damage if they don't tech is reasonable (which I guess it would be) is that you don't have to identify NH vs CH after 3B lands, this is a bit of an issue because the timing for NH BS3B 66K is fairly tight, and I think also for the BS2A+B combo. So it becomes like Sieg's 3B combo where you have to rapidly identify NH vs CH each time and react appropriately, I've seen even good players mess this up once in a while in videos, and its much more mental effort.

Well, while I can't comment on the actual damage differences between the two combos, I can say that, done properly that CH BS 3B, BS 66K, BS 22B is guaranteed 3 hits whereas the CH BS 3B, BS 3B, BS 22B/BS 3B can be JUKE'd after the 2nd.

I do believe that the CH BS 3B, BS 66K will give about the same, if not more damage than CH BS 3B, BS 3B.

BS 66K does alot of damage in combos. I've actually started using BCR B, BS 66K for a combo, and do either BS 3B for a techable ground hit which does the same damage as combo BCR B, BS 1K, BS 2B+K, MCHT K, or you can do BS 66A imedietly following the BS 66K for a tech trap that adds 30 damage to the combo making it roughly 90 points total.

So with this in mind, I am quite confident that if you're giving up any damage by using that CH BS 3B combo with 66K instead it will be very small, if not in the formers favor.

It's not difficult at all for Voldo to confirm a CH of BS 3B. The real trick is getting the BS 66K to slide properly. You said this already, but I wanted to let you know that it isn't difficult to hit confirm the CH. Whiffing the BS 66K is always possible, so if you're more comfortable sticking with the traditional combo in hopes your opponent doesn't JUKE the last hit, that is fine. Either way, you risk losing damage by either your opponents execution with the JUKE, or your own with hitting the BS 66K.

I did want to make mention that in the video, I set CH's on, so I think that meant that the BS 22B hits on CH which might have increased the overall damage. I can confirm this, but I don't know when I'll be able to.

^Enkindu:
Yeah, setting it to CH increases BS 22B's damage when it catches tech... CH BS 3B, BS 66K, BS 22B, T!, 2A+B236, CR A+B is a shit ton of damage... It's enough to win the game potentially since it leaves you with advantage in Blind Stance after the combo... This is if CR A+B hits ground of course, it's still in Voldo's favor... Good job on the vid...
@DINO (below):
Yeah, I used it before and I'll throw it out once in a while, looks cool, does good damage, but the wake-up is bad... Another approach to the Death Wheel, is CH BS 3B, BS 3B, 2A+BG, this combo can be juke'd but gives a really good MCHT wake-up, you can even transistion into LFHT for some fish action however, the damage is moderate and you're sacrificing garaunteed big damage for a jukable combo with good wake-up in the hopes you'll get in you're mixup...

I guess I'll post this in here too...
Off of BS 1A, iBS 1A catches F/B/L/R, read the rest in the BS 1A thread, cheers!!!

Sorry if this is already known(I haven't seen anyone ever mention it), but 2A+B236~G, crouch cancel, 2A+B is a tech trap in every direction except to Voldo's left. You can do 2A+B236~G, CC, 2A+B236~G, 6:6{B} for pretty huge damage(Somewhere around 88-90, I think). As far as I can tell, this works on all characters.

You can also do 2A+B236~G, 3[A+B] with good timing to catch people that tech to Voldo's left, so long as they don't immediately duck after teching.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but if they stay grounded 2A+B236~G, CC, 2A+B236 K_B, will hit them for 70+ damage.

Yeah, that one is known. I'll troll with that online sometimes. The best option is 2A+B (don't enter 236), 6:6B. Catches all sides. You can do 2A+B~236G, but the timing becomes tricky. With just doing 2A+B, then 6:6B you'll get the perfect timing for the tech trap every time.

Back