Week 1 Character Popularity

nightmare everywhere and lot of siegs....maybe people still likes big swords...and then many O Pyrrha.

Ezio is also very popular.

Less popular:
Raph, Ivy (<= rofl toptier whores), patsuka.

Ive encountered a ton of Nightmare and Siegfried players in the Paris global lobby. If its not Nightmare or Sieg, then its Natsu or Mitsu. Rarely have I fought any other character for about 60+ matches.

Its getting a little boring facing the same chars over and over again, especialy when 90% of the players in the Global colloseum are buttonmashers and you win without any real problems. I havent played so much ranked since ive heard that there are alot of ragequiters there.

I've encountered a lot of Hildes, actually - when I went to BestBuy with my friends, there was even a lady playing Arcade mode as Hilde. I'm extremely surprised I haven't seen very many Ezios, only the ones who are trying to get the achievement. It's mostly the typical easy to pickup characters I've seen - Sieg, Nightmare, Mitsu, Pyrrha, Natsu, and for whatever reason Yoshimitsu. An average number of Aeons (BBB!), Hildes, DJs, and Xibas. Everyone else, I've seen, but not too many of them. I have yet to fight a single Maxi.

How are my mains Alpha and Hilde doing online?

I'm maining Hilde,at around 240wins/30loses in ranking at moment. Shes in no way broken the way she was in SC4 but she can seriously punish at range.

I'm just trying to figure out her short game at moment which usually results in me slapping my forehead when I end up getting CE'd as a result.

The only Hilde I could find and fight was in the Tokyo lobby.
I see lots of seig, natsu, asta and yoshis

I swear im the only Ivy on ranked when i search in Europe. All i see is Mitsu, Nightmare, Sigefried and Devil Jin. Did run into ONE Algol and i had no idea what was going on (never played against Algol before).

Natsu, Tira, Maxi are probably the top 3 I encounter in number...
Xiba, Aeon, DJin second 3
Yoshi, Pat, Pyr next 3

Forgot about Devil Jin on first post, oops!

I think I'm about 200 matches in online, and the diversity has been pretty good. The more common ones have been Nightmare, Cervantes, and Natsu. The Ezio users have been dropping off sharply as everyone seems to have the trophy for him. So far I've seen each of these exactly once: Tira, Xiba, Esylium, Ivy, Yoshi, Aeon, and Viola. Haven't seen a single Zwei, Dampierre, Kilik, or Edge Master.

I've seen everyone at least once. Mostly Natsu, DJ, Mitsu, and Natsu. Oh, and Natsu. I'd say Voldo or Algol is my least encountered. Not many Aeons, either. This is on PSN in NA East Coast.

I think I'm about 200 matches in online, and the diversity has been pretty good. The more common ones have been Nightmare, Cervantes, and Natsu. The Ezio users have been dropping off sharply as everyone seems to have the trophy for him. So far I've seen each of these exactly once: Tira, Xiba, Esylium, Ivy, Yoshi, Aeon, and Viola. Haven't seen a single Zwei, Dampierre, Kilik, or Edge Master.
Are you are PSN or XBL? On XBL, Aeon, Yoshimitsu, and Xiba are all rather highly played.

Are you are PSN or XBL? On XBL, Aeon, Yoshimitsu, and Xiba are all rather highly played.
I've just been playing on PSN. The character diversity I've been seeing online in SC5 is a welcome change from having to play against Kens more than half the time when SF4 first hit.

I've just been playing on PSN. The character diversity I've been seeing online in SC5 is a welcome change from having to play against Kens more than half the time when SF4 first hit.
Truth. I have yet to play a fighter with less player diversity than Street Fighter. Marvel comes damn close some days, though. Very pleased with the diversity in Soul Calibur, even if a good portion of the cast is never played.

The following stick out in mind the most, if memory is accurate:

Astaroth - He's an uphill battle for me. I still cannot deal with sweep/bullcharge spam.
Ezio Auditore - dat achievement. Also I'm caught in the middle of his strings far too much.
Ivy - I've seen a few. Maybe it's because of how dumbed down [understatement] she is now.
Mitsurugi - 4B has me in fits.
Nightmare - I've only found scrubby ones.
Pyrrha/Ω - Because S+S.
Xiba - I'd rather see Ezio. Every low or string I'm caught with makes me want to /wrists.

Natsu - I expect bombs, so fortunately I usually have the edge against scrubbier ninjas. But holy shit, there's so much jailbait ninja online

So far Ive only encountered Xiba, Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega and Siegfrieds. #1 Spot by far taken by Pyrrha Omega with around 30% of the matches, 20%ish Siegfrieds. Xiba+Pyrrha 15% each and 20% for the whole rest of the cast. Kinda weird.
I was expecting to meet tons of Natsus, Nightmares and Astaroths and maybe EZ-Os, but they are all reeeally rare so far oO.

Maxi, Xiba, and Natsu mostly. The Nightmares are usually shit, and the Sieg's are sometimes clever.

Loathe Maxi at this point though.

Back