Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I really wish that this game was coming out for Xbox 360, I was really looking forward to a new Soulcalibur game. Oh well, it's not Namco's fault, and I can't compain if it's going to help fund future Soulcalibur games.

I really wish that this game was coming out for Xbox 360, I was really looking forward to a new Soulcalibur game. Oh well, it's not Namco's fault, and I can't compain if it's going to help fund future Soulcalibur games.
Yah 360 version would have been nice, But If you are truly someone who wants to play it you can probably just find someone you know who has a ps3(In my case my sister) And chill at their place for a bit haha

To the Xbox owners, as a PS3 owner myself, I do think it stinks a bit that they aren't offering it on the 360 but I'm sure they might down the line if the game proves to be successful with the PS3 audience. In any case, maybe saving up and investing in a PS3 could be worthwhile since the PS4 is just around the corner and I'm sure the PS3 is a lot cheaper then it used to be.

And I can't say "fuck" the PS4 because I am a Playstation fan in and out and I've loved the consoles and I can't wait for PS4 for not only Soul Calibur and Tekken but other games. lol

Back with this title, if Sophitia made a comeback, I hope that Yun-Seong makes a reappearance as well. I missed his style and I would love to see how he he'd be used on the latest game. :)

And I'm wondering if the CAS will have deeper customization features like editing the face/hair, and all that good stuff. If not, it's all good but I love being curious. lol

\And I'm wondering if the CAS will have deeper customization features like editing the face/hair, and all that good stuff. If not, it's all good but I love being curious. lol
I don't think a free-to-play version of a main installment is going to include that much more features.

Funny... The way they describe it reminds me more of Pay 2 Play games. Buying tokens for time is pretty much the same thing as paying a subscription.

Unless they add competitive multiplayer, I'm not even going to try the game. I'm so put off by their decision to dumb down the whole game to being a "streamlined" button-masher, I can hardly contain my frustration with Namco. I'm going to go play a new fighting game.

Or buy a PS3, like i´m planning to do.

Fuck PS4 x_ )

Omg indeed!

There isn't a point in buying a PS4 until like 2015. PS3 gives you free online, you pretty much get the same game releases as PS4. And the only reason to get a PS4 is for KIllZone or Infamous.. (including a few other PS4 exclusives) but realistically, why pay $400 for a system that has games you can already play on your PS3 without having to pay for online play? It's just a no-brainer, lol.

Omg indeed!

There isn't a point in buying a PS4 until like 2015. PS3 gives you free online, you pretty much get the same game releases as PS4. And the only reason to get a PS4 is for KIllZone or Infamous.. (including a few other PS4 exclusives) but realistically, why pay $400 for a system that has games you can already play on your PS3 without having to pay for online play? It's just a no-brainer, lol.

I want a PS4, but yeah, no need to rush for me, the only reason for me to buy it now would be a new Soul Calibur or a Lightning Farron game because i´m big fan of both.

Since no notice for now, then nothing to worry about, i believe we will have SC6, but i doubt is going to be before 2015 (tough i wouldn´t complain).

I hope that SC: LS ends to Xbox 360, or to find someone who has one ps3 so i can play it, but if i can´t, no doubt i choose a Ps3 before a PS4

Even so, i will probably have a PS4 in 2014

Last edited:
Maybe Lost Swords is just like CoTS but without cutscenes, so essentially SC2's weapon master while Unbreakable Sword fills in the 17 year gap at full price.

Hope we still get info from famitsu this week on LS.

Last edited:

Live streams

9 Viewers
ViolinPhantom
ViolinPhantom
Casual Games. | Welcome to my chill stream hope you stay & enjoy the content!
4 Viewers
KomorebiMononoke
KomorebiMononoke
茶月さんと木漏れ日のリハビリテーション
1 Viewers
calbo2x
calbo2x
🔥IM BORED COME SAY HI!!🔥STREAMING UNTIL SLEEPY LOL!!😁SUB GOAL(15/30)!!👀 !yt !discord !tiktok😎

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back