What are you reading?

tiggerkiddo

[09] Warrior
Far more interesting than those what are you listening/watching/playing threads...heh.

Me? I'm reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I'm at page 151 and already I'm growing thin in patience with the heroine of this book. Anymore and I'll either a). Throw book at wall or b). return it to the library post haste. Ugh...

Never got around to reading the third Eragon book, Brisingr, until now, so I'm trying to catch up. Enjoying Christopher Paolini's works of fiction thus far.

Also rereading The Selfish Gene and The Blind Watchmaker by Dawkins.

The Arc of Boxing: The Rise and Decline of the Sweet Science, by Mike Silver

Nature Knows No Color Line, by J.A. Rogers

Freedom From the Known, by Jiddu Krishnamurti

I read a WIDE variety of different things.

i wish i had the patience to sit down with a good book and read it.

it is totally sad to say (and please refrain from laughing) I have read the entire harry potter series. My kid made me so please refrain from flaming. in actuality I found the whole series very interesting and loved it. couldnt put it down. Just wish I had that kind of drive for other books. those are the only ones I have actually read from cover to cover

Ignoring all of the text books I'm reading for class...

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire and Anathem by Neal Stephenson.

I picked up Wicked because fantasy was one of my favorite genres as a kid and the premise of giving a darker twist to a well-known piece of cinema history is just too interesting to pass up.

Anathem was a no-brainer because I'm a huge fan of Stephenson's work, particularly The Diamond Age. I have no idea when I'll have the time to get through this monster of a book though (got flashbacks to Cryptonomicon when I picked this one up).

Dave: Nothin' wrong with enjoying the HP series. Yeah, it's very readable, pulpy fun, but Rowling lays out a fascinating world. Doesn't hurt that you can talk about it with just about anyone you run into as well, I think the fact that it's such a shared experience really boosts one's engagement with the series.

tiggerkiddo: OMG, Twilight. Haven't read it myself, but the reviews that just lambast the series are pretty damn entertaining.

i actually quite enjoyed those books. and what they say IS TRUE. the book is always better than the movies!! im usually to shy to talk about HP with amyone for fear of the flaming....lol thanx for getting my back though

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire and Anathem by Neal Stephenson.

I picked up Wicked because fantasy was one of my favorite genres as a kid and the premise of giving a darker twist to a well-known piece of cinema history is just too interesting to pass up.

You're my new favorite person for now.

Right now I'm reading The Armour of Contempt - Dan Abnett and World War Z - Max Brooks

I'm reading World War Z by Max Brooks.

It's about the Zombie Apocalypse and is told through a series of interviews with people who played integral roles within this 'Zack' infested global outbreak.

It's a damn good read.

OMG, I read WWZ at least 4 times over vacation. That book is amazing, just because he makes it so real.

I finished Ender in Exile recently, and am I big fan of all the Ender series books. Except Xenosaga and Children of the Mind. Meh.

I finished Ender in Exile recently, and am I big fan of all the Ender series books. Except Xenosaga and Children of the Mind. Meh.

Er... Xenosaga? Related to the games or not?

As for me, I'm reading the His Dark Materials series (Golden Compass, Subtle Knife, Amber Spyglass) for like... the twentieth time. Its a damn good series, and it never gets old. I haven't been reading much lately because of school, so anyone reccommend a good series that is fantasy- ish related, and has a good message/ meaning?

He means Xenocide.

Hmm...currently reading Locke's second treatise on government, Sandra Day O'Connor's the majesty of law, Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov, and Agatha Christie's Murder in Mesopotamia. The Locke however is school related, and whatever i'm reading in school tends to dominate my time.

I'm reading World War Z by Max Brooks.

It's about the Zombie Apocalypse and is told through a series of interviews with people who played integral roles within this 'Zack' infested global outbreak.

It's a damn good read.

Now I have to go pick that up AND reread Stephen King's Cell.

I have too much literature on my plate.

Ex: Yea, I've seen the reviews and also had old friends just shred the books with little regard for decency, lol. I already read another 100 pages and it's starting to get silly.

Let's see, currently I am reading "Journey to the West" Volume 1.

However, I'm reading this because I HAVE to, not because I want to....

Back