What are your landmark gaming moments?

Battlefield 2

Blackhawk floating above the flag, fending off all infantry...or so it thought.

I sneek around and hit its backside with a couple SRAWS, it goes down. 3 kills. It lands on its teamates capturing flag, another 2 kills.

Fun.

playing left 4 dead as the survivors and dizzynecro is a booomer sitting in the elevator waiting to puke on me.

playing left 4 dead as the survivors and dizzynecro is a booomer sitting in the elevator waiting to puke on me.

Pfft! I can top that! How about incaping an entire team of survivors like bowling pins on No Mercy 4 with a tank fueled, flying generator. The same type of generator used previously to block the elevator doorway on me and my team. Which we were swiftly able to escape anyway due to pipebomb. FAIL

-When I figured how to beat the Mojo in "X-Men" on the old Sega Genesis; you do NOT know how proud that could make a 13-year old.

-When I learned how to do air-combos in Marvel Super Heroes

-Watching my friends play StarCraft for hours in college and loving it

-Having all the Tekken onlooker cheer my Kuma on at Final Round 9

-Beating Pokemon: Red Version for the first time when I was 9 years old.

-Finally killing Ganon in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time when I was 11 years old.

-Playing the SC2 demo at Walmart for the first time as Nightmare and finally finding a fighting a game that I like. Age 13.

-Becoming godly at COD4 when I finally discovered the gun perfect for my playing style: The MP5. Age 17

And I have a feeling that I'll pass another landmark when I get Gran Turismo 5. =D

- Completing every single side quest in Tales of Symphonia
- Playing Soul Calibur II at the arcades and achieving a 37 win streak
- Beating Paper Mario in one day

getting my first consle*SNES*
getting a N64 for Christmas as a kid*Me and my bro played that bad boy for hours*
getting a Playstation
playing Soul Blade
playing Street Fighter Alpha 3
getting a PS2 for christmas
playing/beating FF7
getting a PS3

I have a bunch:

Original GameBoy.
Pokemon Red.
Playing Diablo 2.
Playing SC2 for the first time.
Playing EVE/WoW for the first time.
Playing TWEWY for the DS.
Playing Mirror's Edge.
...July 29, 2008, Soul Calibur 4 release date?

Never playing Mario 64. Ever.

Huh, what do you mean by this?

Oh and for me, I guess it would be getting my first system ever, the Genesis in 1992, just after Sonic 2 got released. I had played videogames before (Super Mario Bros) but none that gave me that magical feeling like Sonic 2 (Let's not even talk about Sonic 3 lest I get long winded). I still have that same copy and enjoy it to this day.

And probably finishing Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete for the first time. I have been in love with this game since I first read a walkthrough for it in Expert Gamer back when it came out for the Playstation. Nearly ten bloody years later, I finally get to finish it and WOW. Haven't had a feeling like this about a game since I first got into RPG's with FF6.

Beating Ninja Gaiden Black on MN, no healing items
Beating Ninja Gaiden 2 on MN (retarded hit-stun system makes it necessary to use healing items unfortunately)
Setting my gamer pic as the one earned for beating MN on NG2 (yes, it counts)
Earning the Moonlight Sword in Otogi: Myth of Demons and subsequently fucking up the world of everything in the game
Realizing there isn't a single person on the planet who can beat me at Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (back in the day)

And I'm working (between work, gym, and other games) on finally getting 1250 GS in NG2. Only a few missions left on MN and I'm done!

warcraft 3. 3 v 3 my 2 other team mates left and i still managed to win the game by managing their bases and using steam tanks. Was pretty monumental considering 1: i was 14 and 2: was my 2nd online gmae on the frozen throne.

Me and my friend EJ played fftactics since we were in middle school when it came out. We'd always try to 1up each other by saying who got what job mastered how soon and so on, because you know, on the psx you couldn't do any two player activity at all.

When it came out for the psp naturally we jizzed our pants a couple of times not just for the revamp of everything in it, but also the new co-op missions they gave us. We couldn't touch that shit for the first week because of how hard it was.

So theres this one mission that has 4 levels of hell involving some of the hardest bosses in the game all together to fight against. Me and EJ had only 1 guy left on the last level against the boss who was barely weak enough to kill. Problem was, the statistic of landing the blow was 37%. I remember that fucking number because we paced back and forth debating if that was the best choice or otherwise the boss would murder us and we'd have to start that 2 hour journey all over again.

I told him we go big or we go home. We attacked that fucking computer.

Somehow by the grace of hell, we fucking nailed it. We yelled so loud the neighbors knocked on my door to make sure we were ok. I have never felt a deeper connection to a game before in my entire life than in that moment. At that moment, it just got pro.

Finally owning a Pokémon game (Diamond) after falling in love with the series back when Red came out.

Playing Soul Blade in a arcade and thinking it was the most awesome fighting game series ever. Wait it still is!

Beating Eternal Darkness "My machinations are timeless Peter, your life is not". That game had some truly memorable moments.

Playing Fire Emblem The Blazing sword (known just as Fire Emblem in the states) for the first time. Its my favorite game, its where my screen names from after all.

My biggest gaming moment though was when the Nintendo Forums, Nsider went down with out warning' and losing contact with friends there forever.

Back