What character buffs/nerfs would YOU like to see?

I would like to see Pyrrha's Angel Step K get a brave edge like Sophitia now has in Lost Swords.

I'd like to see Viola's 2A+B being cancellable so maybe she can jump in for a mix up attempt depending on the recovery time etc. If anything, Viola's SET A+B brave edge needs a buff. It's worthless.
^^ Get a load of this guy

^^ Get a load of this guy
It's nothing outrageous. The Viola's 2A+B thing isn't anything bad and like I said it would all depend on it's recovery if it was indeed cancellable. I do however 100% stand for SET A+B BE being buffed as far as combo potential/usefulness.

Zwei buffs i'd include.

AA becomes i13
6A catches step both sides more consistently
4B becomes i16 and -12 on block
22A to have zwei to twirl right rather than twirling left like 88A
22BB whiffing fixed
11K to be +5 on hit
1K BE whiffing fixed
6A+B aGI does 50 damage instead of 40

Raphael:

All moves that force Needle blocks on hit to also force it on block. Moves that force it on block to guarantee it without 2A interrupts.

Example - 4A, 8A, 1K on hit.

Maxi needs a good 3A. I'd take his stun elbow. Doesn't even need to loop. (Though it comboing into LIA would be sweet.) I'd also like to see him get a practical horizontal mid from 8WR.

Viola. Give the opponents split-second opportunities to escape her attacks when blocked.

So... Lex buffs. I used to have a ton of these, but I've changed my opinion on her and cut my list down a lot.

Important Buffs:
- B throw increased to 50 dmg
- Clean hits on 3B+K and 66K (indirectly buffs her combo damage across the board, but isn't always guaranteed)
- 66K -7 on block. (no change to JG frames)
- Longer stun on 44A hit. (Makes it possible to link 33BB ground hit)
- All "Feints" (6BaB, 44aB, 4A+BB) become thrust attacks. (They already look the part... plus it beats most aGIs)

Nerfs: (I guess...)
- Remove clean hits on 2B+K/66BBB/FC 3BB (I want these moves blocked... they don't need clean hits.)

Zwei buffs
Why the hell is 6A unsafe??

Last edited:
For both Alpha and Yoshi, I'd love changes in how their aGIs work. The whole levelling up thing they have is stupid.

Yoshi's could simply revert to SCIV Yoshi's (which was awesome).

For Alpha he got shafted a bit since just impacts aren't a thing anymore so you have to go through all levels (doubly so with the broken promise of level 1-3 follow ups). The improvement would be to make the directional buttons the only way to access the better follow-ups. So it'd be:

A+B (No arrow press/bad input) - regular 6B follow up that gives nothing
A+B:4 - 3B (CH pls)
A+B:2 - old 66A + stun
A+B:6 - B+K (but this time you have to complete the combo yourself. Both versions allowed)
A+B:8 - old level 8-9 (Namco pls)

Execution difficulty would be based on reward - :2 > :4 > :8 > :6. Also that TC needs to be consistent. ಠ_ಠ

Last edited:
Zwei buffs i'd include.

AA becomes i13
6A catches step both sides more consistently
4B becomes i16 and -12 on block
22A to have zwei to twirl right rather than twirling left like 88A
22BB whiffing fixed
11K to be +5 on hit
1K BE whiffing fixed
6A+B aGI does 50 damage instead of 40
I think 40 damage is enough for his aGI andy, given that it can GI any mid based attack in the game. The only reason it seems like a chore because zwei's basic game and reverse mixup game are just all really bad. 6A should catch both sides. Personally the combo B+K into 4B BE 66A+B should do more damage because 50-55 damage is really lack luster imo, bad enough B+K must be spaced correctly due to its terrible recovery frames despite it being safe on block.

Im not sure on 11k because its a slow low. I thought about this but 66B+K should be safer on block, it just has too many negatives to put it to good use. If stepped you get punished or end up eating a 50/50 backthrow. Its hurtbox isn't the best (can whiff at times) lexia and raphaels 44B's greatly surpass this move. I may have more later

Nerf Maxi As Follows;

6A+B -12 Reduce tracking to left OR reduce push back and TC at frame 7.
WR B+K reduce tracking to left side.
AA to +4 to be useful.
Make Neutral Guard not GI special mids but have it GI kicks to compensate.
Make WR KK Both Mids And -2.
Increase range of 3A.
Decrease range of 6A.​
gtfo

I'd like to add some sort of buff to Xibas UB attack. So usesless and so easy avoid. at least other characters vertical UB does the earthquake. It only does 65 damage while 3BK does 64.

but in all honesty I'd like StepG back and our original grab dmg back.

Also I want a couple of our SCIV moves back aswell:
  • bA/ bA6
  • 3A2A6
  • GS KK
  • GS (B)
  • GS A+B
  • 6B/ 6B:B
  • BT B+K
  • BBB
  • 66B
  • 22_88K6
  • 3(K)
also make 1aK hit mid as opposed to high (srsly turn this shit into viable fricken mixup) and not so awkward to input (in SC3 I could just tap from A to K or hold A and then tap K, SC4 I had to hold A and the hold K, now in SCV I can tap A but I have to hold K straight after wtf?)

Last edited:
Nightmare doesn't need any of these moves in the SCV system.

Also, SCV actually made 1aK viable with the inclusion of guard damage. Players not wanting to take a large chunk of guard damage will opt to jump over 1A only to get punched midair, and that has combos of its own.

Also, SCV actually made 1aK viable with the inclusion of guard damage. Players not wanting to take a large chunk of guard damage will opt to jump over 1A only to get punched midair, and that has combos of its own.

I do agree with this and at times it has worked for me...however I do think it would be a bit more solid if it hit mid, if they block low ~ then I get the AT, if they block mid/high ~ I'm +1, if they jump ~ I get 66B/GS K BE combos.
I just wish we could have that 1 solid mixup.
Nightmare doesn't need any of these moves in the SCV system.

I would like to know why we don't need them, and what we have as an alternative, granted some of the moves I've picked out aren't the best, it feels like we got cheated out of a few moves which could've been very useful to NM in SCV

Back