What metadata would you guys want in the media library?

Jaxel

Administrator
So as you guys know, I've been slowly expanding all the features in the media library. For the past few months, I've been expanding the ability to search for media based on several criteria. At the moment, you can very easily search by character usage and tagged players.

Well some of you may not know, but there is also additional metadata we can set up for videos. Currently, I have only 1 piece of metadata defined. When a user submits a video, they can select from which game in the Soulcalibur series the video is from. Up until now, this piece of data was pretty much useless except for it appearing in the video description...

Well as of today, you can now search through this metadata!
Its as simple as clicking the new wrench icon on the filter search fields:

1.jpeg

So of course, my question... What sort of metadata would you guys want on videos in addition to the game?

Naturally, all these search queries require users to actually fill out the metadata when they submit the videos... which at this point, very few people have done. So it will take time for people to go back in time and start populating the information.

This is a great idea. Let's get the obvious ones out of the way:
  • Character(s)
  • Setting (online, offline casuals, tournament, money match, etc)
  • Event name (NEC, EVO, etc)
  • Year
  • Uploader: Now, I'm not sure if I've just been doing it wrong, but AFAIK the only way to look up someone's videos right now is to find a video they uploaded and clicking on their name under the thumbnail. If I could type in "@Party Wolf" or whatever and all of his uploads popped up, that'd save a ton of time when looking for something in particular. You'd just have to figure out a way to tell if the user is asking for their uploads or matches where they appear.

Back