What Unblockables are GI-able?

BelovedChild

[09] Warrior
I've recently been in a game where I was Voldo and my opponent was a hilarious bubble spamming Algol.

After I realized that's all this guy was going to do, I started GI all the bubbles right back, at the last match, he decided to do the UB where he shoots a giant bubble down on you, there were other bubbles on the screen so I waited carefully, and ended up GIing his UB bubble, killing him.

After laughing it up, I realized that I want to know what other Unblockables can be GI'd? I know Raphael/Amy's 44A+B can't for instance, or the majority of them for that matter. Still, it'd be pretty useful information IMO, for times when you may not want to Sidestep/interrupt.

Ruiner

... All of them.

if I'm not mistaken, I was under the belief that throws and unblockables can be Just Impacted.

Risky maneuver, but if you pull it off I'm sure you throw the other player's mental status a nice curveball.

... if you were saying that you regular GI'd an Algol UB bubble, well then... maybe that's just his bubble symptoms?

Everything, and I mean everything is GI/JI-able. Heck even Cervy gunshot is JI-able. It doesn't make sense to JI it, but it can be done.

All UB's are JI-able, the only thing you have to remember is that they have to "hit you" before you attempt to JI them.
Regular Guard impacts can just kind of catch attacks before they connect, but to Just impact an unblockable you have to let it get so close to you that it looks like its hit you already.

I've Just impacted Mitsurugi's low-sweep UB, and Cervantes' bullet. Both times where online, so it just takes some practice. Though, ultimately, it isn't worth knowing. If you fuck up, you're taking full damage and it just isn't reliable enough to count on.

Thanks to the warblerei vid a bit back we know all UBs are JI-able except Setsuka's.

talk with warble, but damn is it fun to get them JI'ed. (usually its only a viable option if you are in a trapped position where its either hold block and take full damage or attempt to impact and have a SLIGHT chance of not receiving full damage. (ps...if this guy used Algol's unblockable he must be stupid, acting silly, or just bad..lol)

usually its only a viable option if you are in a trapped position where its either hold block and take full damage or attempt to impact and have a SLIGHT chance of not receiving full damage.
Good point. This often happens to me against Yoshimitsu. The JI doesn't happen often, but when you do, you feel badass, and it makes up for all of the other times you started hating yourself for getting put into that situation. In other news, I've seen a vid of someone JI'ing Amy's UB intentionally, multiple times in a session.

Only Algol's uber bubble can be GI'd, all others must be JI'd. :(

And yeah i've done that too and it's funny as hell to do.

Okay I understand..

There IS SOME practical use if you could GI some unblockables, but JI isn't worth the risk for the most part, especially if a side step punishment tool is guaranteed.

Good to know, thanks guys.

I saw that vid and god dam. Having your UB JI would just screw you up for the most part. Would vader have a better chance at JI or GI with his force GI?

Nothing gives you a better chance of a JI. Getting a JI has a single frame of tolerance whether you're performing a normal impact input, a Force impact or a move with impact properties. Doesn't matter.

Hi!
I made this video 3months ago about perfect GI with Yoshi
In fact there are few UB moves easier than others to GI.

For exemple GI the Algol UB-Airball is as easy as his "standard" ball.
An other exemple: Yoshimitsu tekken move UB at 23 ,13, or 3 second is really, really hard to GI. (4:15 on the video)
Of course this video was just for fun. ON real matches we don't play with that, but some time..I saw that!

And sorry I'm french and my English is sh*t :) (And sometimes, I can't understand everything I read but I study!)

Astaroth136 has just impacted every Yoshimitsu unblockable I have thrown at him except for the suicides. 3 days ago he JI'd my tekken 23 uppercut :'(

Astaroth136 has just impacted every Yoshimitsu unblockable I have thrown at him except for the suicides. 3 days ago he JI'd my tekken 23 uppercut :'(

Haha, wow. Is that online? (I guess because of username.)
If so, that's pretty impressive, since there's delay even on 5-bar connections.

Back