Where is Leihua/Lexia?

Should Leihua be in the game? Or should they have kept Xianghua?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aleyha

[09] Warrior
We have been seeing all this stuff for the other official characters like game art and 3D art, but for Leihua, all we got is one picture of her with Xianghua. So, I was wondering what you guys thought about that. Do you think that they should have even come out with her? Or do you think that they should have just waited until they had more "official"(official being game art and concepts as well) things for her?
untitled-1-jpg.5727

I'll start it off, i personally dont mind Leihua, i think she is a 'fresh' change in the game, but i could live without her. I'm a little upset that they are dodging her initially and that she only has one picture. they probably could have waited to announce her until they had some more official stuff on her, but now that she is here, and now that they are kind of avoiding her, I want to see what she is made of. I want to see more of her.

It's Leixia, tho.

I wouldn't mind her, because there's something about Xianghua I like and dislike. :x

Now that they have announced Leihua, I want to see her personally. I really don't care to see Xianghua in SCV. Let me explain why. I do believe that Xianghua is a great character I mean her Kilik, and Maxi were the focal point in Soul Calibur. But the game is 21 years from then. I want to see the new generations of the fighters, Natsu, Z.W.E.I & E.I.N, Viola, Patrokolos, and Pyrrha ect. She isn't dead so it is kind of like a Natsu-Taki situation(student teacher).
I also want to see how Project Soul can expand on Xianghua's style in Leihua. Now that the game is faster what is going to change?
So yeah I think they could have waited to announce her. I feel like it was just a tease because she isn't even in any video/concept art, just this one picture. It seemed like it was separate from the other character releases. . . so what is the wait? Is Project Soul waiting for fans reactions? I hope they don't take back what they have already said.
-----

are we even positive she has been confirmed? or was he just saying she had a daughter
He did say that Xianghua is being replaced with Leihua in a way. Because Xianghua isn't fighting anymore. It was said in the release video and it's on the website somewhere. . .but it wasn't very clear if it was official and why wouldn't they have pictures of her in the game already?

As i can remember, Kilik and Xianghua died together in SCIV, and on Soulcalibur.com they have Maxi and his family section says the past remains in the past and it says his pasts has no bearing. IDK. this shit is so confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Xianghua is still alive. And the only ending that is cannon is Seigfried's(sp?) As far Maxi he is reffering to his dead crew, that was his family. It says that in older games that his crew was slaughtered by Astaroth. I am assuming that he is over the whole revenge thing with Astaroth. And that is why maybe his past has no bearing? His past is not going to hold him back anymore? But no one knows for sure.

Now that they have announced Leihua, I want to see her personally. I really don't care to see Xianghua in SCV. Let me explain why. I do believe that Xianghua is a great character I mean her Kilik, and Maxi were the focal point in Soul Calibur. But the game is 21 years from then. I want to see the new generations of the fighters, Natsu, Z.W.E.I & E.I.N, Viola, Patrokolos, and Pyrrha ect. She isn't dead so it is kind of like a Natsu-Taki situation(student teacher).
I also want to see how Project Soul can expand on Xianghua's style in Leihua. Now that the game is faster what is going to change?
So yeah I think they could have waited to announce her. I feel like it was just a tease because she isn't even in any video/concept art, just this one picture. It seemed like it was separate from the other character releases. . . so what is the wait? Is Project Soul waiting for fans reactions? I hope they don't take back what they have already said.
I agree 100% I love what u are saying! keep it coming...
It's Leixia, tho.
---
I wouldn't mind her, because there's something about Xianghua I like and dislike. :x
So do you feel that she is going to be like Xianghua? Expand on your idea...im curious! What do you like/dislike about Xianghua?
---
are we even positive she has been confirmed? or was he just saying she had a daughter
A lot of people honestly don't know. It wasn't clear and it wasn't like other new character announcements. I understand your question, and why you ask it. In the video, it was kind of like "Ya there she is, and now lets talk about something else!" and I honestly fear that they may retract her and not keep her. IDK...
---
Notice that someone said, they should have kept Xianghua. Tell me why? Explain. Vote and talk to me! lol its ok to explain your vote! :)

Yubashiri said:
All the little girls (talim and amy) grew up. They needed a new one. X's fighting style fits a pre-pubescent girl perfectly.
Do you think that they should have waited to release her as a character?
*MAXI 4 EVER!!!! KOH*

As i can remember, Kilik and Xianghua died together in SCIV, and on Soulcalibur.com they have Maxi and his family section says the past remains in the past and it says his pasts has no bearing. IDK. this shit is so confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the little girls (talim and amy) grew up. They needed a new one. X's fighting style fits a pre-pubescent girl perfectly.

Another question that I have is, are they going to make any changes to Leihua's fighting style (Not like changes form game to game, but like major changes like combos and grabs and stuff)? Initially, how is her style going to be different than her mothers?

Why are people voting but not explaining why they voted what they did? Who voted that they didn't want to see either of them? Explain please?

Her model and/or motion capturing work may not be done or finalized yet for display, game play or promotional purposes. Be patient, I'm sure she'll show up soon.

Keep in mind that TGS just showed off two characters, Astaroth and Viola, but only Astaroth was playable in the TGS build. Viola was only available and only seen in the trailer. She's not yet ready for players to play with. Which could mean that not all her moves - even most of them - are in the game, or that their properties have yet to be implemented. Or there could be another reason. Much like the reason why Viola was not playable, I imagine that Leixia is not seen for similar reasons.

Her model and/or motion capturing work may not be done or finalized yet for display, game play or promotional purposes. Be patient, I'm sure she'll show up soon.

Keep in mind that TGS just showed off two characters, Astaroth and Viola, but only Astaroth was playable in the TGS build. Viola was only available and only seen in the trailer. She's not yet ready for players to play with. Which could mean that not all her moves - even most of them - are in the game, or that their properties have yet to be implemented. Or there could be another reason. Much like the reason why Viola was not playable, I imagine that Leixia is not seen for similar reasons.
My question for you now is do you believe that they should have waited? Since they only had one picture of her? Viola may not have been playable, but as you mentioned, she was in the trailer. They at least had multiple pictures of her and they pictures were more official than the one that they had of Leihua.

Does this mean that Leixia was not announced as a new character? Because I always assumed that.

i think they should have waited to announce lexia since they havent shown any screenshots or videos on her yet,nothing with her actually in the game,i think they could have stayed with xianghua but it does make sense that xianghua has a child
i hope the first video with her in shows quite a bit of her off because i want to see how much of xianghuas style she has or how her style has changed from 4 to 5,if there are old things in there that were removed,what new things there are etc,she could just be like a carbon copy of xianghua moveset wise but with different things obviously with it been SCV

maybe they may actually keep xianghua in the game,but like people have said that xianghua died,but she may have not
it makes you wonder if lexia is actually really announce to be a new character,she may just be in a cutscene with xianghua or something daft
but a young girl certainly seems most suitable for xianghuas style especially since it got to 4 with the "just kidding!" stance that wasnt there before

but most likely lexia is the new xianghua,but she hasnt been seen because even though they have announced her,they havent done enough with her style yet,im sure she will turn up soon

Does this mean that Leixia was not announced as a new character? Because I always assumed that.

She was announced at EVO, but they might not have made her yet. Perhaps they might be doing something big, like a change... Who knows for certain...

I'm really wondering about Salia, but that's off-topic.

My question for you now is do you believe that they should have waited? Since they only had one picture of her? Viola may not have been playable, but as you mentioned, she was in the trailer. They at least had multiple pictures of her and they pictures were more official than the one that they had of Leihua.

The Leixia sketch was a gift to Kayane and they also posted it online so that everyone could see; but primarily, it was a gift to Kayane who is a big (and well-known) fan of Xianghua.

As for Viola, I think it was fine to show her off in the new trailer. Most of us won't get a chance to play the game until it's worldwide release, so it doesn't matter to us if she was playable in the TGS build or not. Besides that, even though she wasn't playable, we will still get footage of her sooner or later.

basically it was just an early announcement. we'll see her eventually so no need to worry. dunno if they started working on her yet.

I would have preferred them revealing her like they did with pretty much everyone else who got revealed but at least this puts xianghua stans out of their misery so that's good

I would have preferred them revealing her like they did with pretty much everyone else who got revealed but at least this puts xianghua stans out of their misery so that's good

thank god, cuz i would have like gone into spastic seizure mode, resulting in slaughtering of innocent, overly fluffy kittens and eventually the distruction of the world.

but thankfully that isnt the case.... Dashi, the kittens thank you.

From what i am seeing, it appears u guys are ready for the breath of fresh air as appose to Xianghua. I mean the three people that dont want to see Leihua dont have the balls to comment so...

Back