Who is the manliest character in soulcalibur?

Mitsurugi needs to burn already. ;_; he's always talking about meeting people in the fires of hell, why doesn't he just go there already.
Because Mitsurugi is so badass, he considers hell a vacation spot. Plus, not even the king of hell wouldn't stand against his blade. Also, Mitsurugi is a high jumper.

Lol we have this conversation in our local community very regularly

Algol wears nothing but a diaper and a scarf and all he does is blow bubbles at you. Negative manliness

SCII Taki has a pretty damn large bulge, so she's a contender for manliest

But our general consensus is siegfried and cervantes.

ROCK.

Cervantes turned purple. So Nope.
Siegfried was only manly in SCV. So Nope.
Mitsurugi needs to get a real job. Wandering swordsman? SUPPORT YOUR KIDS YOU CHODE! So Nope.
Zwei... Nope.
Algol needs a real haircut and then we'll talk. So Nope.
Ivy, well... compared to these specimins... maybe. I wuv you Ivy.
Hwang, he is at least trying... saving a girl and his country. Shame he is terrible at it.
Astaroth is only manly because he was modeled on Rock.

Surprised no one mentioned Edgemaster.

And feminists complain that there are no female role models in the video games. Clearly there are NO role models in video games.

In all fairness, this won't be easy. Pardon the extreme dogmatic ramble.

Yoshimitsu
"Yoshimitsu" is manly for his actions, but no one will ever know his true form and true name for each "new" "Yoshimitsu". You often have to wonder what this supposed Japanese guy looks like and how does he do those crazy Manjitou Ninjutsu? Not to mention, he's a man that will live forever in legacy due to the cursed sword Yoshimitsu. Forever being a ninja robin hood sounds like a lot of stress, yet he still fights on. That's heroic.

Algol, Raphael, and Zasalamel
Speaking of living forever, Algol, Raphael and Zasalamel comes to mind. Algol is manly for his power, but nothing else imho. He lost his son and just fights his for glory and sees who is worthy enough to fight him. Zasalamel looks cool with the scythe, but he's just some guy who wants to be mortal. Admirable for living forever sounds lonely, but his personality could use some work. Raphael is manly because snobbish daddy aristocrats are cool in looks. Did he really have to go on a silly journey just make a ideal world for Amy? Wouldn't Amy be content in having him raise her in some quaint yet peaceful town?

Rock
Now Rock is as manly as American wrestlers and all that jazz. However, it's all for Bangoo like Raphael to Amy. But what happens when Bangoo dies? Does he become like Algol? That's where I'm curious to see some development to what he becomes, but sadly I don't know if I'll get to see that.

Hwang
He fights to vanquish the evils of the ages and protects those in his country. Something tells me that eventually he'll settle down and pass the torch. He's manly in that aspect and I can relate.

ZWEI, Patroklos, Maxi, and Yun Seong
Despite them being pretty boys, they actually have some room for development. ZWEI imho will forever be some animu twilight thing in my eyes, but I'm curious to see what he'll become. Yun Seong will forever be a pale imitation of Hwang, but at the very least I wanted to see what he'd become. Shame. Patroklos loves his older sister dearly and will do whatever takes to protect her. That's what family members do and all, but I can't deny he's a bit too clingy to her. Maxi does what he wants and helps when he can, but aside from that he's the typical bachelor in looks and personality. I'm just curious what will he do now since he doesn't age that fast. Aside from assisting the kids.

Mitsurugi, Cervantes, Astaroth, and Nightmare
Mitsurugi is only cool on looks and fighting to be the best like Algol, but what is left after he achieves that? Not even hell can stop him if he fails, because he will just keep on coming and fight until he dies. Astaroth is just some golem that kills stuff for some cause, but killing is all any Astaroth does. Nightmare is going to drown the world in blood and darkness and that's just it. Cervantes is a pirate that keeps coming back. Like Nightmare, all he'll do is spread fear.

Edgemaster and Kilik
Both like Yoshimitsu fight to help others. Edgemaster being the wise master of many with Kilik being his pupil, they keep things in check and make sure nothing bad comes. However, I'm a bit of romantic type and think Kilik missed out on Xianghua. Despite that, I guess it's manly to conquer emotion for the sake of others. Just being forever alone must require a lot of work to satisfy the needs.

Voldo
Blindly loyal to Soul Edge. Even though he's purified by Kilik, he still wants the Soul Edge. He's intriguing on how he attacks yet creepy at the same time.

Aeon
Tragic ending. Forsaken by gods and becomes a monster.

Siegfried
Manly after growing out of what he once was.

Dampierre
Con-man who does anything for money. He's a smooth yet devious talker though.

Xiba
Eats, fights for fun, and eats some more. Happy go lucky kid with tons of room to grow. The reason is there will be a time when he just can't eat and play around frivolously. For now, I can empathize what he is. Fooooood!

tl;dr version if you don't care of my rambling.

Manly pick I'd go for is Hwang. The obvious reason is this.
257.jpg

Seong Han-myong even approves, it's just Hwang is busy with other matters. Would of picked Yoshimitsu, but realistically I can't always help others. Just those I care most about.

I was going to make a joke and say Cassandra, but I think Hwang actually might be the manliest. Why won't they bring him back?

Siegfried or probably Ezio, but he's a guest character.
From the female cast I guess it would be Hilde or Pyrrha Omega

Algol has been mentioned a shameful amount of times.

Algol is truly the manliest of all the men in the game. While his alpha-male demeanor, physical stature, hair and the fact that his THRONE is a weapon all make him manlier than most already, we all must notice one thing.

Algol does not have to compensate.

Algol strides onto the field displaying everything he's got 'cause he's got nothin' to hide. He's not cowering behind steel plate and doesn't need a little cape to feel important. In addition to not carrying around a massive weapon all the time, not being that insecure.

Algol is the epitome of confidence, dominance, and ....man...ance.... making him the unequivocal manliest character.

Algol strides onto the field displaying everything he's got 'cause he's got nothin' to hide. He's not cowering behind steel plate and doesn't need a little cape to feel important. In addition to not carrying around a massive weapon all the time, not being that insecure..

He does, however, then proceed to shoot little bubbles from his little bubble arms.
Bless.

Back