Why i believe there will be SC V "Extended"

Ac18901

[09] Warrior
I'm not saying this so that they becomes like capcom and their stuff. But because apparently they already DID become like them. Namco makes:
- Tekken 5 DR, 2 new characters
- Tekken 6 BR, 2 new characters
- Super Tales of Etc.

- Soul Edge Ver. II, 2 new characters
- Soulcalibur II NA/EU, 3 new characters
- Soulcalibur III: Arcade Edition, 3 new characters
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, 2 new characters

Just goes to show that they do make another version of a Soulcalibur game. The only thing about this is that for Soul Edge, they're using characters that they already have since Cervantes was just not playable in the first version while Hwang was a replacement for Mitsurugi in the Korean version. Soulcalibur II on the other hand, added Assassin, Berserker, and Lizardman to expand the roster although only available in the United States and European versions of the game. Soulcalibur III: Arcade Edition reused 3 of the bonus characters and reworked/promoted them as new and balanced characters for the game but it's only for the arcade. The true update though was in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny where they added Dampierre as a new character and included Kratos(although abandoning Star Wars characters) in the game, sadly it was only available for the PlayStation Portable.

- Soul Edge Ver. II, 2 new characters
- Soulcalibur II NA/EU, 3 new characters
- Soulcalibur III: Arcade Edition, 3 new characters
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, 2 new characters

Just goes to show that they do make another version of a Soulcalibur game. The only thing about this is that for Soul Edge, they're using characters that they already have since Cervantes was just not playable in the first version while Hwang was a replacement for Mitsurugi in the Korean version. Soulcalibur II on the other hand, added Assassin, Berserker, and Lizardman to expand the roster although only available in the United States and European versions of the game. Soulcalibur III: Arcade Edition reused 3 of the bonus characters and reworked/promoted them as new and balanced characters for the game but it's only for the arcade. The true update though was in Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny where they added Dampierre as a new character and included Kratos(although abandoning Star Wars characters) in the game, sadly it was only available for the PlayStation Portable.

The game mechanics were tweaked a bit as well in SC4:BD, Hildes doom combo off c3b was nerfed as 22k wouldn't let you link the combo. However her average damage output was buffed as a result. Would have preferred that in SC5 but things change I guess and the new Hilde is good fun to use if a little easier.

Don't think there will be any revision of SC5 on the PS3/Xbox, any changes will be applied through patches and DLC. Maybe the Vita will see a release somewhere down the line.

Well going by your logic the closest thing to an extended edition we'll be getting will be the inevitable Vita remake. If the decide to do this for major consoles as well, then in the name of God I hope they release the update via DLC so we won't have to buy another physical copy of the same game, lose our progress etc...

Well going by your logic the closest thing to an extended edition we'll be getting will be the inevitable Vita remake. If the decide to do this for major consoles as well, then in the name of God I hope they release the update via DLC so we won't have to buy another physical copy of the same game, lose our progress etc...
Ah!! I just realize something actually from Namco Bandai itself...when they decided to make the super version..look!
- Tales Series, they will make a revamped with new characters in different platform
Ex: Tales of Vesperia, and it's ps3 version(New:Patty)
- Tekken Series, Original tekken 5 released for both arcade and ps2, but the DR version is for arcade, psp, and PSN. Same for tekken 6, the home version is an updated version of the arcade version that is bloodline rebellion
- And now back to soul series, SC:BD is considered the PSP version of SC IV, with new characters, and improved
character creation, while the premise of the character still appears same with SC IV.

So in a nutcase, there will be an "extended" version but i believe it will be on different platform.

Computer, please be on computer(Either mac or windows)!!!!!!!!

If it's a ripoff, then don't buy it. What's the problem?
The problem is; wile I love Soul Calibur, I can't afford to shell out this kind of money all the time. So, I won't buy it (the same as I have with MvC3) and enjoy my out dated, less supported game. I should forget about local turnys, and I should embrace the leftovers of an online community that had the members who care about the game move on. Then there's supporting a game by preordering, only to have 2.0 come out months latter. It's a hard bitch-slap, and Tales of Vesperia BETA on the 360 already made me feel like Namco's Bitch once.

Nah, I guess there is no problem.

If it's a ripoff, then don't buy it. What's the problem?

That enough people won't buy it and kill the series. Sales for SC in Japan have been terrible, and I don't know if they've been all that hot over here. It's 2012, not 2002- you actually have good fighters to compete with, so a game that isn't really making the standard is going to get left behind, unless it has Capcom's name on the box.

There's the framework for a great game here, would be a shame if it isn't cultivated.

Then again, if SC5 fails, it honestly deserves to fail. They obviously rushed what could have been a great game, and didn't appeal to the largest segment of gamers (casual gamers who have been disappointed at the poor SP options) Yeah, I don't care for the SP fluff, and I love how Daishi didn't force it on us, but those guys subsidize our hobby. You can't just kick them in the balls when your game has a AAA budget.

Then again, if SC5 fails, it honestly deserves to fail. They obviously rushed what could have been a great game, and didn't appeal to the largest segment of gamers (casual gamers who have been disappointed at the poor SP options)

Think they also alienated some of the hardcore by dumbing the game down a bit; smaller movesets, missing characters, super moves (CE)

Most games add content to the prequel not strip it out and add something else. Part of the reason I abandonned EA Fifa games. One year they have the option to manually decide how to distribute XP for players to decide how they grow through their career, next year its automated. F*ck you EA you'll not see another £ from me.

With that said, I love SC games this gen and would welcome an expansion or update as long as its offered as DLC. Buying another hard copy would boil my p*ss.

I couldn't honestly care less about the single player options. They offered what I wanted which was a decent training mode, a ghost battle mode, and an OK arcade mode. Sure, survival, team battle, and character endings would be nice-- but I would rather have solid core fighting gameplay than any of those things. The story in SC has always been mediocre at best, so really what are you missing? I don't really understand any of the mainstream gaming complaints. SCIV scored better than it in most respects in mainstream gaming but it had worse fighting and equal amounts of single player options. IV had trash endings, Tower of Souls (shudder), and not much else. IV also had one of the worst online components I've ever played on.

That all being said, a buffed up version of V would be welcome. If not for anything than a pacifier to casual gamers who like to unlock shit with the illusion of completing RPG like quests. Hell, even bring back all the characters that were removed if that will make them happy. Wait, on second thought that would be tragic. I can already see how ridiculously unbalanced this game could be without testing and just loading it up with DLC characters.

EDIT: No, they didn't dumb the game down with smaller movesets and just adding supers or whatever. SF games have like 4 moves a character and you don't see anyone calling it dumbed down. The inclusion of CEs/BEs and meter adds a ton of depth that was absent whether or not it was sourced from other fighters. They also removed the ridiculously pointless critical finish system for CEs which add visual flair for the casual watcher and for depth purposes. I swear to god the only people complaining about paired down movelists are Mitsu and Ivy players. I play Yoshi, and Yoshi had 2 more stances and about 3x the moves as anyone else in IV but only about 1/3 of his moves were actually useful in gameplay scenarios. And the only characters that are actually missing are Talim and Zas. Most "missing " characters were replaced with virtually the same movelists and the superfluous characters like Rock, Mina, YS, etc were removed because there wasn't any reason for them. Hell, I'm sure Lizardman would have been axed as well if they didn't find a reason to keep him with a unique movelist. If Kilik players hate Xiba then create a Xiba you like. And as far as 3 mimics, yeah shitty idea no doubt. But if you're an SCII fan try to defend Berserker and Assassin. Lizardman might have had a few unique moves but he was still just Sophitia in a lizard's body. Aren't you happy shit like that wasn't included? Shit like SC1 where half the cast were just locked mimics of somebody else with one or two unique moves.

People who say "It should've been DLC" 99% of the time don't understand you can't just "add shit" at a whimsy. That is why there are re-releases.

The SSF4 Route was acceptable for a re-release. 10 characters, new content and 40$ USD pricepoint. Fucking sweet!

The problem is; wile I love Soul Calibur, I can't afford to shell out this kind of money all the time. So, I won't buy it (the same as I have with MvC3) and enjoy my out dated, less supported game. I should forget about local turnys, and I should embrace the leftovers of an online community that had the members who care about the game move on. Then there's supporting a game by preordering, only to have 2.0 come out months latter. It's a hard bitch-slap, and Tales of Vesperia BETA on the 360 already made me feel like Namco's Bitch once.

Nah, I guess there is no problem.

UMVC3 came out 9 months after MVC3. It's not like they slapped you in the face with a new game 2 months after you bought the first one. Plus it lacked more single player options than SCV did. And if you did play the game seriously, then you were looking forward to the update. I can't think of any MVC3 who played the game for the nine months that it was out who did not look forward to Ultimate.

Would I like to just buy one disk and have everything be perfect and not need to buy another one? Absolutely. But the reality is that fighting games don't work that way and need to be updated from time to time. So you as a consumer need to figure out if that update is worth your money or not.

That enough people won't buy it and kill the series. Sales for SC in Japan have been terrible, and I don't know if they've been all that hot over here. It's 2012, not 2002- you actually have good fighters to compete with, so a game that isn't really making the standard is going to get left behind, unless it has Capcom's name on the box.

There's the framework for a great game here, would be a shame if it isn't cultivated.

Then again, if SC5 fails, it honestly deserves to fail. They obviously rushed what could have been a great game, and didn't appeal to the largest segment of gamers (casual gamers who have been disappointed at the poor SP options) Yeah, I don't care for the SP fluff, and I love how Daishi didn't force it on us, but those guys subsidize our hobby. You can't just kick them in the balls when your game has a AAA budget.

SC has never been big in Japan. And it's only been two weeks since the game has been out to retail.

Do I wish the game had better single player content? Sure, but your primary reason for buying a fighting game should be for the fighting, not to dick around in story mode. If that's not your primary reason for buying a fighting game, then you will be in for disappointment.

Well, SC5 sales in Japan are down 60% from SC4's over the same timeframe.

It's not my primary reason (or reason period), but I understand that it is for many folks , especially SC fans who tend to be more SP oriented then say Marvel fans. I'm just stating this is why a Super SCV is not a given.

Back