Why is Character Creation So Poorly Done?????

DrJayroy

[08] Mercenary
Character Creation in this game has been somewhat of a thorn in my side. There seem to be fewer parts in this game than where in SC 4. Also most of the items are really bulky when put on a character. I really enjoy the base gameplay that this game has to offer, but it seems like creation actually took a step back in this game from SC 4. What do you think of creation?

On a side note if you want to watch some of my ranked matches click the link below.
Subscribe if you enjoy I'm going to make more: youtube.com/drjayroy

There are fewer parts (in totality) at least partially because of the pattern and sticker system, which actually replaces some of the parts in SCIV that were merely variations of the same part with different textures.

I have been having a lot of fun with the CaS this time around, even more than I did with IV, thanks to the variable height and body proportions and the stickers and scars and face paint and being able to COLOR MY WEAPONS and all of that junk. It definitely has its limitations, however, like the aforementioned bulkiness and the robotic-sounding effect of the pitch/tone sliders, as well as the really galling lack of any more facial customization like sliders or at least more face choices.

Also, just in case you didn't know, you keep unlocking parts all the way up to level 53 (and after that you still unlock more stickers).

I really do love the overall system and I filled up my 50 almost immediately lol. Will always wish for more clothes DLC, and tweaks to the floating parts but I'm having fun with what we have at least.

My beef is, not only is there a rather shallow amount of equipment, but everything overlaps with one another. The belts, the neck equipment.... hell my Pyrrha CAS's ass comes through her skirt when I'm 8way running. And I'm just scratching the surface.

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud, but the CAS was really sloppily put together, probably because the game was a rush job. I admire all of the new features, and it is a better system than IV's, but I'd be lying if I said there weren't some pretty big issues.

My beef is, not only is there a rather shallow amount of equipment, but everything overlaps with one another. The belts, the neck equipment.... hell my Pyrrha CAS's ass comes through her skirt when I'm 8way running. And I'm just scratching the surface.

I've had this problem with one of my CaS. I have the full skirt on her, and when I'm using her, sometimes her legs just randomly pop out. Plus, when in her victory poses (She uses Xiba), her leg comes out of the skirt in the pose where the rod is balanced on her right foot.

I think it's a huge improvement over IV. If you get creative enough you can do some really interesting and unique things you couldn't do before. I made a woman with coral growing out of her back the other day. The only problems with it are that most of the good items are from the last game, with some of the new stuff being almost unusable. Also, I had really hoped to be able to make red leggings this time around... Alas, it's either yellow or pink but no in between. People are already making penises! You don't need to cut out the entire range of colors that may or may not include skin colored undies.

the CaS system isn't perfect, and it become more "complex" than the previous ones, but, with some free time spent, you can make really awesome CaS, than you can't even hope to get close in the precedent games, look around in the forum to make an idea ^ ^

P.S. the only annoyng thing is to level up, theres few way to do it, but once you've reaced Lv. 52 you've unlocked all CaS parts, so you can enjoy the Creation mode ^ ^

I think CAS is as everything else in this game (except online mode), halfassed. They "improved" things but losing good things. What one expects from a new game of a series is the same, but with more things and better.

Now we can finally change the body size, but pieces doesn't fit at all. (I understand it's difficult to make so much possible combinations, but seeing other games it's posible). Now we have more layers, but the pieces are the same. We can have stickers but the clothes textures are less "brillant". When you did a character in SCIV it was really limited but the character look like an actual character since the pieces fit perfectly, now you have more possible combinations but the characters look poorly detailed.

They simply didn't put enough effort in the system, as he they didn't put effort in anything else aside online.

i never played IV but i really liked in 3 that you could use generic classes instead of just souls

and im pretty sure some options werent combined (neck/cape, bracers/gloves) but it was awhile ago so im not 100% sure.

another thing i thought could have used an option would be the ability to mirror accessories and some other things (manicles and eyepatches for example)

Also a problem that was in 3 and is still in is the bulkiness of armor and floating capes (already mentioned) as well as arbitrarily making some armors incompatible due to clipping, yet leaving other armor combinations that heavily clip in.

Also skirts barely work with any of the belts what is up with that.

I've made four really cool creations as of today with my CaS, they're mainly Raphael characters since he is my primary. I got great compliments and seen some pretty impressive creations on Xbox Live. Right now I'm at level 38, hopefully they'll release more SCIV items because they release quite a bit of them at level 35.

I'm hoping for Seigfrieds 2p costume equipment and hopefully they'll re-release the SCII DLC like they did in the previous game so I can finally make my old character.

What does suck though is how you can only add three items of 'specialized equipment', you can't make any design since some of the equipment still conflict with one another. And the voice experimentation is really lackluster imo.

I also forgot to mention lack of beards/moustaches

also manfaces for the women and as a guy you can only look like youre 18 or 50

seriously sc5 needs epic beards....
there are so many face-editors in games these days... can't imagine why sc5 has none
also i really dislike the lower body equip, many trashy trousers and boots
they should have just added some parts of the p2 equip for every character (and maybe from older SCs)

It definatley a HUGE improvement on SCIV. That was just a mess of a system. I'm glad that layering is back (even though some don't work) and I love the addition of the stickers and materials...really does make for a massive amount of CAS to make.

My beef is with the re-introduction of clothing, faces and hair styles from earlier games. I'm hoping that DLC will continue after this soon to be released third DLC pack with additions to clothing pieces, materials, faces and hair-styles. I'm actually surprised that the hairstyles were made gender specific yet most clothing wasn't.

Yes, the character creation has many flaws, especially clipping. However I think as a whole the system has improved immensely over SCIV and is amazing if used correctly.​
Though, from your video it seems you're just creating almost unclothed hypersexualized female characters, do you really need more parts?​

It's not much of an improvement. It's a trade-off. Stuff doesn't fit as well, MANY items are missing and have been replaced with crap to keep the numbers up. Seriously, pop in your older creation and compare what's available at level 52 in this game. Argue amongst yourselves all you like on that. The CAS is lacking and could have been done alot better. And no, stickers do not recreate all of the missing items from SC4. You cannot properly remake a princess outfit since most of the princess parts are missing. Priestess hood can't be remade from the red hood... little things like that matter.

They could have kept all of the old equipment, but it probably would've been to much time trying to test how items fit with each other. Hopefully there will be SCVCCedit soon.

the item fitting thing seems like it wouldnt be a problem, seeing as how many items still clip or dont work with other items (despite them being able to be put on together)

I think new CAS for V could be better, everything could be better, but I do like it, I've had much fun with it. I'm not so happy with the gameplay changes of the fighting, I do not like the metres and brave edges, I think this is step back for series, but CAS, it's okay, but could be better, with how technology and ideas are these days. But I like it.. ^___^ so long as they back it up with many good DLC, not more wings and facepaint...but armour. I want Nightmares SCII helmet.

it seems like less because you can't swap the alt costume parts for each character in the game like in SCIV.

like I said in another thread, I hope they bring costumes form the last game back. just bring em all back.

Back