Will there be a Nationals 2010?

Something-Unique

[10] Knight
After a ridiculous amount of drama post Nats 2009 and everyone ragging on DancingFighterG and not allowing or supporting him in another Nats 2010 I have not seen or heard any mention of some form of new Nationals.

So i'm curious about its standing after tournament organizers, etc. decided to blackball him. Do we have a new Nationals 2010 in the works or essentially did he get massacred and blackballed from the people who don't even have a better idea?

I think Omar is either bored or tryna get paid. Or maybe both.

The best thing to do would be to take the tourney IdleMind is running in Orlando and make that the national tournament for 2010. The venue is already there, Idle already put in $1000 to the pot, plus there will be plenty of things to do for those who attend in addition to being able to compete in the other tournaments that will be taking place. If anything separate is being planned, then those resources could be put towards this tournament. Plus it would be silly to do something separate given where the level of interest this game currently has.

Whatever happens, make it international and announce it early so people can plan for it.

Last I heard (or thought), Cha-Cha/Jaxel were working on something for '10 no?

- I.C.E.

Well that was what I heard as well but I haven't heard a damn thing since. So i'm curious.

I know SRK blacklisted DFGs tournaments and events.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=197094

as for a 2nd Nationals. I dunno. At this point only the truly dedicated would be there.

Yeah I noticed his name is in all the threads regarding blacklists. He's on the blacklist thread on Zaibatsu as well.

The thing is that i'm a thirsty competitor for major events like this so if he was blackballed and no one has come up with anything else since as I believe that was the idea that's one of the top majors that's gone. I have no interest in this game anymore if its not a major so its valuable info as i'm one of the truly dedicated for top notch competition which I will only find at majors.

Well that was what I heard as well but I haven't heard a damn thing since. So i'm curious.

Yeah I noticed his name is in all the threads regarding blacklists. He's on the blacklist thread on Zaibatsu as well.

The thing is that i'm a thirsty competitor for major events like this so if he was blackballed and no one has come up with anything else since as I believe that was the idea that's one of the top majors that's gone. I have no interest in this game anymore if its not a major so its valuable info as i'm one of the truly dedicated for top notch competition which I will only find at majors.

Yeah I'm like you, but at least you have monthlies to go to. Most of the country is out of luck.

I might be wrong about this, but it always seems like game balance issues that cause alot of people to leave SC games. I'm not saying people should be completely free to make ridiculous demands and have everything banned, but some healthy balance needs to be found between that and having mass amounts of people quit.

Sorry to go off topic.

The Orlando tournament sounds like a solid idea, although organizing a lot of qualifiers would be hard. Maybe it should just be a stand alone major, and we'll advertise it as Nationals. Unless we can get some kind of sponsor, where is Idle even getting that 1k from?

Wow. Okay I knew about the shadyness involved at NATS. But WOW I did not know about the DEBACLE THAT WAS GAMES UNICON!!

I amazed that Tourneys have gotten big enough where people think they can use it as a quick cash grab.

I'm nominating myself to run the NEXT SC4 NATS.

I can help put something together, but I'm confident I can run a successful event AND turn a profit.

Here's my 2 sense.... (i made a funny!)

DINO runnin things: I think if anything, he and/or OOFMATIC should be a Canadian representative on runnning this. (assuming that this does happen) We should have a committee (not trying to start a flame war) to where it would support the community. The main reason i state this is because if JUST THE EAST COAST runs this. for sure Algol/Hilde would be banned. Not bustin anyone's balls, but that's how tournaments are ran there in NJ.

Basically here's what i think should be part of the committee:

North(which would include Canada) - DINO/OOFMATIC
East: Jaxel/Cha Cha
South: Nori/ICE (unless anyone else wants to step up)
West: H8's/Manta/Alex J/Cernian...unless cernian wants to start another flame war with SU. XD.....just kidding. and no...i'm ont saying all 4 of them should do it. 2 of the 4 is nice.

This would bring together 8 individuals from each region to decide what's fair and what isn't. Here's somewhat of the problem i've noticed with the last 2 nationals.

They've been ran by a Communisum/Despositm...however you want to see...but they've been ran by ONE person. You can say wat you want about the last yr's nats. But ultimately, it was decided by DFG.

The way regionals was set up wasn't entirely too bad. The only 2 objection i've had were as follows:

1. Qualifiers should be determined by the # of participants of the regionals. not just a flat 4 regardless of attendance.
2. ALL REGIONALS should be within a 2 month period, not 5.

Also, the number of regionals should be determined by the population.

Ex, CA/TX/FL - should have no more than 3 Regionals. Tri-State/New England - should have at most 2. and so on....

i would continue to rant and such, however i'm @ work. And also, i wouldn't want to nominate myself....because i'm like a total ass when it comes to rules. :D

Wow. Okay I knew about the shadyness involved at NATS. But WOW I did not know about the DEBACLE THAT WAS GAMES UNICON!!

I amazed that Tourneys have gotten big enough where people think they can use it as a quick cash grab.

I'm nominating myself to run the NEXT SC4 NATS.

I can help put something together, but I'm confident I can run a successful event AND turn a profit.

I just read that post about the Games Unicon convention and daaaamn that's shit's crazy.

Although I do want to say that as far as the Soul Calibur tournament there, Idlemind didn't fuck around running the tournament and paying the players. Not only did he give the promised payouts to the winners, but he helped fund players' travel expenses getting there. Hell, the dude even gave me some gas money after the tournament was over.

So it's a shame a cool guy like Idlemind got screwed by some scamming douchebag. So while we're on the the topic of organizing big tournaments, I'll personally support any events run by Idlemind.

I appreciate the support OmegaXCN. When the venue guy didn't pay, I paid out of my own pocket to ensure the integrity of the event that I was in charge of.

That said, my venue went under here in New England (Fyi, New England DOESENT include New Jersey, its just MA,CT,RI,VT,NH and ME), I have no real pull or interest left here and the community is kinda falling apart. I suspect there will be no interest from here in a 2010 nationals.

I just want to say a couple things.

Hilde is not broken, but she is bad for the image of the game, and if no country-wide consensous is ever reached (like basically, what happened...) the scene will suffer.

Algol is not broken, but he possess' infinites on some characters and is bad for the image of the game. See above statement.

Lastly, I don't trust anyone to run nationals in this community except Jaxel because he has taken the time to reach out to other regions and internationally to promote the scene and is not sequestered in his own regions view. No offense to anyone else, but I think ya'll have your own regions tastes in mind and don't have a good national/international picture on the state of the scene.

That said, I wish you all the best of luck if you attempt this, and I hope it goes well.

I'm retired.

-Idle

Back