Will we get a revised SCIV??

Marginal I hadnt thought of that (I dont keep in full contact with BD threads). BD and DR are very similar so BD appearing on PSN or XBL for $30-50 doesn't seem totally unlikely

I havent played it myself, but I know there's Dark Ressurection on the PSN store where you just play online. Or at least I think so... seeing as it's god "Online" at the end. Perhaps BD cuold get a release like that, and whil they're there, they could fix up some online problems.

And about being in Tekken mode; Soul is made by a completely different team, Project Soul. Plus... Namco's been in Tekken mode for like 2 whole years, it's insane. >_>

Well, "Tekken mode" as I call it is a state of marketing and promotion. Right now they will not say anything that could give anyone an alternative to buying Tekken next month. That includes any future projects from Project Soul. It goes the other way too, they wont talk Tekken in the year of a major Soul release.

But really, greatest/platinum hits releases are total BS. Its just marketing, its done when either the publisher wants one last push for the product, or the initial release did so badly that it NEEDs another push. That total sales number is a joke. Look at the original Halo, easily one of the strongest titles on the original Xbox. DOA3 came out the same year. DOA3 sold less, was a platinum hit when the program started. Halo did not become one until Halo 2 was released. Becoming greatest or platinum all depends on if you are still selling at a moderate price point or not. Sales do play a role, but its certainly not the determining factor alone.

Anyway, Soulcalibur IV was a commercial success any way you look at it. It will probably be a value priced game at some point (hell, it already is value priced here and there). We could hope for additions on a Greatest hits release, but that probably wouldn't happen either. Mostly because they would still need to update existing copies, otherwise you split an already dwindling online player base. It would make more sense to go the Super SFIV route. But doing that could hold off any sequel plans which may, as far as we know, be right around the corner.

As for comparing BD to the DR release on PSN, not quite the same. Tekken 5 DRO was about 550MB in size, without its CG endings (which were probably 100MB each). Soulcalibur IV is far too big to fit into the XBL Arcade limit of 2GB. That limit is perhaps the reason Super SFIV is going disc. 2GB is more than enough for an update to SCIV, but as a fully down-loadable game, no.

-DeathCom

Not that it was, but don't expect this game re-released as a Platinum hit since fighting games drop in price really quick at retail. I saw it already new for $30 at GS, so it would be pointless to do so.

You also need to take into account the people who just have X360 arcades or are without internet connections, not to mention those who've already traded in the game for something else. So if you did a download, you will be limited with how much money you could make off of it, especially since I don't see people going back to buy this game if they've already traded it in.

Another thing is NB is thinking multiplatform to make the most loot, which is why T6 is on both consoles. What's the point in bringing BD to the console if you can't put Kratos, one of it's main selling points, on the X360?

Plus you got to keep in mind that they are going to do what makes sense business wise. So when the hype for T6 dies down, we'll more than likely see a new Soul Calibur. I just hope they take their time and make it the best fighter possible.

Not that it was, but don't expect this game re-released as a Platinum hit since fighting games drop in price really quick at retail. I saw it already new for $30 at GS, so it would be pointless to do so.

I see no reason why not as both SCIII and Tekken 4 & 5 became greatest hits titles. Hell even Virtua Fighter 4 managed to reach GT, it was then released as VF4: EVO, an updated version as I understand it.

As for comparing BD to the DR release on PSN, not quite the same. Tekken 5 DRO was about 550MB in size, without its CG endings (which were probably 100MB each). Soulcalibur IV is far too big to fit into the XBL Arcade limit of 2GB. That limit is perhaps the reason Super SFIV is going disc. 2GB is more than enough for an update to SCIV, but as a fully down-loadable game, no.

-DeathCom
That kinda goes out the window 'cause they're already planning on releasing BD via DD with the PSP GO. Live may be out of the picture, but they could just blow Live off and go PSN exclusive. (More likely with Kratos in the picture anyway)

I'm pretty sure Namco-Bandai is done with SCIV along the lines of PS3/X360, I guess the costume DLC was their way of saying "Revise this". And, along the lines of Broken Destiny, I sold my PSP :(

No lie, I doubt that seriously, but If it were to happen, I would probably go the way of Yoshimitsu and...SEPPUKU!

I used to be confident about BD going to consoles just because that is what was done with DR but i'm not so sure anymore. I would of course want a console release of BD, but SC5 around the corner will be just fine with me if not better. And if they do not release BD for consoles, i think they will at least announce SC5 fairly soon then.

-DeathCom

Irrelevant, SC4 is not an XBL Arcade game, so any limit there doesn't apply. Even if it did, they made an exception for SC1 (and a few other games) when the size limit was too small for it.

You can buy full retail disc games that are larger than SC4 as a download, so there is no applicable size limit.

As a DLC plugin, if they made it require the original SC4 disk, then that is a lot of content that can be reused.

The more plausible reason Super SF4 is going to disc, is cause it is far more convenient to be able to just stick a disk into your console, and far easier to take the game over to a friend's place or to use to run tournaments with (I can only imagine the drm/profile nightmares associated with that if you had a lot of consoles).

there's only one thing we can do ... the community needs to organize and seize control of Namco ... imagine the incredible tournament-quality games that would follow ... ah, utopia

i'm only half-joking ....

there's only one thing we can do ... the community needs to organize and seize control of Namco ... imagine the incredible tournament-quality games that would follow ... ah, utopia

There would be a big pissing match where the peeps would be arguing over everything under the sun from online content to banned characters to pixel orientation of hitboxes and NOTHING would ever get done :)

...not even half joking LOL

ur right bamboo

there's only one thing we can do ... I need to organize and seize control of Namco ... imagine the incredible tournament-quality games that would follow ... ah, utopia

there, fixed

There would be a big pissing match where the peeps would be arguing over everything under the sun from online content to banned characters to pixel orientation of hitboxes and NOTHING would ever get done :)

...not even half joking LOL

Amen, the game would take longer to make than the alleged "Resident Evil 6" which Capcom says "Could take up to four years".

Putting the community in control would never work. The thing that would be good is if Namco would actually listen to the opinions of the community or at least a selected group of players who most of the community can agree on. Players who know the game and have reasonable opinions on the abilities of their character.

From my understanding this is what happened with ssfiv. Even if the company only takes some of the community's opinions, it would produce a better game then the company blindly making changes.

I can't and don't want to play 1.03 anymore after spending some quality time with BD. The balance in this game is great IMO and the RO aspect like the butter effect is eliminated from this game which is nice, along with other good and solid changes.
Yeah, I have more fun alone with BD, than playing against SC4 lagtactics. The new balance, the new speed, the CF adjustments, Dampierre... The whole game feels faster and more agressive.

But since SC4 has been out for 1½ years, I'm guessing we'll get SC5 rather than a BD conversion. After Tekken 6 lands on consoles Namco will focus on Soul Calibur again.

sc5 probably won't be released within 3 years of the original sc4 release. If there is a console release of a even more improved BD we could play that for a good year and a half before sc5.

But if I'm wrong and they go ahead and release SC5 before three years time I just hope it's balanced and not plagued with broke characters and characters too weak to compete.

It always made me wonder if Namco decided they don't want the SC series to compete with the Tekken series anymore? Which is why we see the lack of an arcade release?

Tekken is suppose to be #1 at Japanese arcades right now. They probably don't want their own SC series to jeporadize their numbers, or maybe it's the other way around?

Putting the community in control would never work. The thing that would be good is if Namco would actually listen to the opinions of the community or at least a selected group of players who most of the community can agree on. Players who know the game and have reasonable opinions on the abilities of their character.

From my understanding this is what happened with ssfiv. Even if the company only takes some of the community's opinions, it would produce a better game then the company blindly making changes

Great idea! This is the way to go.

We could also send them emails daily for a hundred days in a row until they finally give in!

sc5 probably won't be released within 3 years of the original sc4 release.

Oh man :S

Back