Windows 8.1 issue (i think)

flaw

[10] Knight
recently got a new pc with windows 8.1. it was an old one a friend sent me after doing a fresh install on it. he updated the drivers on everything etc.

I noticed the internet speed isn't as high as the old one i was using and to my surprise no where near it.
my old pc would get 30-34 down 4-6 up... this one is only getting 2-3 down and 2-4 up..

i flushed the dns last night and got the normal speed for a bit but, now its back to being shitty. i've looked on other forums and have found nothing that works..

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Try uninstalling some of your apps on the metro start screen. When I used to use Windows 8 they would update all the time. Also check to see if you have the email, weather, sports, or news apps on. You can uninstall apps by right clicking on a tile and hit uninstall. But not all apps can be uninstalled. Also make sure that their service is not running either. I always got rid of the finance app, the sports app, The photo app, (You can use windows photo viewer to see pictures instead.) The music app, (Use windows media player instead.) and there was one more but I can't remember what it was. You will also use less RAM as well. You could also go into the PC settings and see if it is downloading any Windows updates if you have it set to download automatically.

Also, make sure that the cloud drive is not on. Otherwise you will always be uploading your documents and photos to the cloud.

Back