Winter Brawl 7 Results & Aftermath

SCPartisan

Holy Moly
Here is a thread regarding the actual tournament, results and good times that I assume were had.

Props to MTFighter, IRM and kAb for top 3!

(The following copy/pasted from a post by Jaxel)
http://8wayrun.com/rankings/event/gvn-winter-brawl-7.167/

GVN Winter Brawl 7
Rank
Player
Teams
User
1st
MtFighter
$154.00
2nd
IRockTheMaxi
$110.00
3rd
kAb
$66.00
4th
EMP Black Mamba
$44.00
5th
Thermidor
$22.00
5th
JJJ
$22.00
7th
Rikuto
$11.00
7th
OmegaXCN
$11.00
9th
Shin Ryujin
9th
Ninjaguy
9th
ZeroEffect
9th
MarkMe
13th
El Bukis
13th
EMP KDZ
13th
BoomSouljah
13th
LowSweep
17th
Jonnitti
17th
Fideskin
17th
sporko
17th
The Assassin
17th
Jaxel
17th
Miss Maia
17th
Lordsavior
17th
Sandman
25th
AVN Cross of the Ravens
25th
Haitian Sensation
25th
Hoenir
25th
Ingage
25th
AVN Xerick
25th
Wyseguy
25th
Mr. All Caps
25th
Jay0yeah
33rd
Airmaster
33rd
AVN TheAppleBoom
33rd
InsaneKhent
33rd
Malice
33rd
ChaCha
33rd
StayReal
33rd
Enoch
33rd
Plain White Bread
33rd
AVN FelixVenUmbra
33rd
Apophis Impact
33rd
LipstickOnMe
33rd
TK

http://8wayrun.com/media/playlist/gvn-winter-brawl-7.50/

Thx everyone for the support :). Leixia is decent and can win, just takes a lot of patients and hitting them a lot more than they hit you. luckily she has tools to do that, even if most of them don't work as they should (4a+b grrrrrrrrrrr!)

I had a ton of fun and was able to pit leixia against a bunch of different characters. I'm guessing this is also the shout out thread so imma just use it as such :p.

kAb: thx for coming all the way from Florida and competing! if I didn't play against ya online I wouldn't have as many strategies and our match would've probably looked a lot different. I hope you made it home safely, and anytime you want to play online, just send me a msg :).

Omega: always a good time with you dood! fun casuals and thx for almost getting everyone kicked from the hotel :p

ZeroEffect: great leixia talks and mirror matches. you are right there I think so keep pushing and don't give up!

JJJ: manliest beard ever, they guy in the bar had nothing on you! great job in tournament, I was rooting for you too secretly :)

IRM: sick Maxi! almost makes me regret not playing with him! Finals were a blast and heart pounding. took all I had to beat ya and even then it felt unreal. you're a great player and hope to play ya again someday!

Thermidor: great casual set with ya! I enjoyed playing your nightmare, made me think a lot and try different things.

Sporko: <3

Rikuto: I don't know if you're on here but awesome astaroth. Hope to play ya again someday!

Malice: Sucks you couldn't come earlier and get some practice in, but thanks for coming out! always great to have one of the more vocal members of the community out!

Cross: Great to finally meet ya! it sucks we didn't get to play at all but we have online for that so I'll talk with you more there.

Hoenir: I think that's your tag, it was fun meeting ya and thx for coming out.

Tim: always great and fun seeing ya. always interesting to hear your stories!

Sandman: Surprised me for sure with your siegfied! I'm glad we could get a few casuals in before it was all packed up and I'm glad you found your calling in commentating :p.

Jaxel: thx for the tournament and the stream! always appreciate the work you put into these things and the community.

anyway I'm sure I forgot people but I enjoyed all of the weekend and I'm glad I got to play against a lot of you guys! Hopefully I can come out again and hang out. I forgot how much fun I have at these things!

I don't do these often but I feel like it's warranted.

We'll start from washington STATE...
Harry/Hector - I really respect that kind of dedication to the tournament scene. I didn't get to see any of your matches yet, but I hope you felt the long trip over here was worth it.

kAb - Mr. Sexiest Gamer apparently. You were not black and I was surprised. You beat me up in casuals and I was not surprised, lol. I really don't get it how MT and I seem so different in terms of startegy, but whatever he does works, so I need to find out how to make my stuff work too. Can't be free forever. GGs to you.

IRM - Well done in the tournament. I think you'd fit right in wiith the Marvel community even though you don't play. And ditch that body pillow in public. Not a good look. But yeah good games when we finally got to play Sunday.

Therm - Well well well... if it isn't the guy who wants to destroy all Leixias. GGs to you as well. Mostly on Sunday when I was playing better.

MTFighter - Congrats for 1st as I said before. When you and IRM were in the finals, I didn't know who to root for. I wanted you to win, but I was salty as shit for it knowing the aftermath that would soon follow. (And I was right...) Same to you about the Leixia discussion. I'm not giving up Leixia. Just gotta try to win 3 games. That's it.

Sandman - You've definitely improved. Didn't get to hear your famous commentary yet, but if it's anything like people are saying I'm looking forward to it. I think Sieg is a much better fit for you than Viola even though you have her combos down really well.

Jonnitti - Yo, the hotdog man. I dunno if you knew about the costume contest beforehand or you just said "Eff it I'm goin as a hotdog today." lol. You should've beat Ninjaguy at least 3 times. But still, GGs.

Sporko - Thanks for the ride back. Given the circumstances, it really bailed me out. Also, WindJammers was hype. You'll beat Jonnitti next time.

JJJ - so we're 4-3 now in tournament in SCV. So next time this means I have to win. Can't let you get ahead by too much. Good job getting Top 8.

Malice - I let you down... I just missed Top 8 and therefore missed the Popeyes. Oh well... guess whenever my next tourney is I'll try again.

OmegaXCN - You're still my favorite Natsu. Your match with kAB was fantastic. I think you had him a couple times, but it just didn't work out in the end.

Hoenir - always good talking to you. I didn't get to see your matches unfortunately.

Boom - You're cool as hell man. Finally got to play you after three tournaments. I think you should use 44A a bit more with Yoshi to try to contain movement at mid range. Our casuals with random characters were fun. GGs.

Rikuto - Damn that was close... But what can I say, you earned it. I played against Asta so much recently that I felt like I had that matchup down. But it just wasn't to be. GGs.

Cross, Assassin, and the rest of Avylon - Always good seeing you guys. Keep that fire lit. Hopefully we'll get to play offline more often down the road.

Hubbs - You still the man. Thanks for the room.

Jaxel - I was really hoping you and RyuJin would play. That would've been very fun to watch, lol.

Hopefully I ain't forget anyone, if so GGs to you as well.

Shoutouts to IRM for getting 2nd. You talk yourself up where it makes it hype when you lose. Even though you're my boy, i still want to see you lose just for that hype factor.

Shoutouts to Sandman. Good shit on windjammers. Always good chillin. Next time hopefully wiffried doesnt happen.

Shoutouts to Harry/Hector. You were a real cool guy and I like how you came all the way out here to enter. I respect the dedication you put in and I wish I was able to do what you do and that there were more people like that too.

Shoutouts to kAb for being a beast. I think you would have bopped the shit out of IRM if you had to play him.

Shoutouts to MTFighter for blowing it up with Leixia and being the only person to beat IRM.

Shoutouts to the Avylon dudes and the couple chicks they had. Always good to know that there is a solid group of new players coming out to tournaments and testing their skills. It seems like these days most of those groups are online and never come out to anything. Much respect to you guys and nice meeting all you guys. I was surprised how many of you guys actually knew me lol.

Shoutouts to BoomSouljah. I didn't know the matchup and got the shit bopped out of. Not happening next time. But overall you were a real chill dude and I want to chill some more next time.

Shoutouts to Sporko. I'm sorry I made you so salty.

Shoutouts to Ninjaguy. I want my runback. I was bopping the shit out of you and blew it. Nothing but respect though out of you. You blew me up at NEC and I was really happy to see that I was able to do better against you. Next time though my friend.

Shoutouts to ZeroEffect. Maybe next time you can get that chicken.

Shoutouts to Malice. Always good seeing you. You always catch all the hype off stream shit. Even just us dicking around in the hotel room was fun to watch.

Shoutouts to Cheech/OmegaXCN. I totally started losing when you got off commentary.

Shoutouts to Fideskin. That was real cool that you were able to stop by Philly while you were in the US. I'm not sure if you have an account here but thought I'd give you a shoutout anyway. It was real cool seeing some insight on the Russian FGC and it was real cool hanging out even though we had a little bit of trouble understanding each other at times. Thanks a lot for entering even though you didn't come specifically for this game. Also good shit entering all those other games.

Shoutouts to Mamba. You blew it the fuck up with Asta. If you ran that against me at NEC you would have bopped the shit out of me instead of me getting close.

Shoutouts to JJJ. You were on point. I really thought you had a shot at winning when I was watching you play. You bopped the shit out of ZeroEffect and I was really surprised.

Shoutouts to Bibulus. Always good commentary. You should have entered lol.

Shoutouts to Woahhzz, Ramon and Jimbo for not going and letting IRM get as far as he did.

Shoutouts to pretty much everyone I played during casuals and to Rikuto and Lowsweep.

Had tons of fun, really REALLY need to level up more...Should try to revive my local scene haha.

Also, Windjammers too good.

Finally made it home. I had a blast in Philly and you guys definitely made the trip worth it. Shoutouts to errbody who was there. Sandman thanks for letting me stay in your room and congrats on the hype as fuck win in windjammers and those intense tetris attack matches. Shoutout to thermidor for taking IRM's money. Nitti for wearing the hotdog suit on stream. The Avylon crew for showing up unlike most online players. Shoutout to omega and his mastery of dick punch. Shoutout to MT, IRM, and KaB for making top 3. Bibulus, glad you enjoyed the chilli tater tots. Thank you all for the good times. I gonna put in a shit ton of overtime at work so I can see you all again at FR and ECT. I'm gonna train like a fiend so I can make Washington proud next time. Oh and one last thing a big Fuck You to all the people who tried to discredit MTFighter's victory with Leixia by claiming none these guys are top players. With the month of training they have before FR, I wouldn't be surprised if one these guys wins FR.

This is my first time doing shoutouts to lets do this

MTFighter- Congrats on winning and taking that grip of cash home. Also thanks for blowing the Leixia SA the fuck up provided me with some good laughs and shit.

kAb- Nice Jugs.....Also nice to meet you and it was fun playing you. and chilling and stuff.

Sandman- Thanks for the room and also hit me up with your home address so i can send you the money for the room and also take care of Yoko for me until FR. Also WindJammers was hype as fuck

Jonnitti- The Hype Hot Dog himself good seeing you again and hanging out. We are going to lab the fuck out of Viola when you get back on your Xbox

Thermidor/Ruben- I had the most fun with you this weekend. Im sure me and you single handedly got more people interested in Soul Calibur V this weekend than in previous tourneys. With the constant stupid noises and yelling we were doing definitely showed how hype SCV can really be.

ZeroEffect- Bro you had me weak as fuck, i wish we could've played more but sadly we couldn't that will change in the future. Dafuq? how would i fit in with Marvel. XD fuck that game.

CheechBeDrunk/OmegaXCN- you know i love you right!! Thanks for the good laughs over this weekend we actually need to play games next time.

JJJ-You are single handedly the funniest motherfucker i have ever had the pleasure of talking too. Also its funny when you menacingly stroke your mustache and beard.

Malice-i see you were giving out Popeyes for top 8 damn i wish i was in on the action. Also thanks for coming out shit was pretty funny. You make shit hype as fuck.

Also Shoutouts to Ramon for believing in me sorry i let you down buddy. Imma win next time

Shoutouts to Jimbo scratch that fuck jimbo he didn't shout me out in the Ezio cast so fuck em.

ZeroEffect- Bro you had me weak as fuck, i wish we could've played more but sadly we couldn't that will change in the future. Dafuq? how would i fit in with Marvel. XD fuck that game.

lol, I just meant the attitude and the lingo. No one else in SC says fraudulent that I know of unless they also play/watch Capcom stuffs. I don't really play it either.

This is my first time doing shoutouts to lets do this
Jonnitti- The Hype Hot Dog himself good seeing you again and hanging out. We are going to lab the fuck out of Viola when you get back on your Xbox

I think we need to yoshi lab harder. Ninjaguy was a chokefest. You didnt see me play BoomSouljah. He just did yoshi things and bopped me

MTFighter - The Iron Man himself comes back with a vengeance. Good job making the whole community freak the fuck out over your win with Leixia. Thanks for staying in touch during your one year break from the tournament scene. Welcome back brother, and congrats. AC Hookers for life.

kAb - Thanks for the absolutely intense Natsu mirror during tourney. I said that it could've been anyone's match, but honestly you were the more solid player during that match and deserved the win more. Mainly because unlike me, you didn't drop a single PO A:6, lol! Having drinks with you and playing pre-patch Calibur was awesome too.

IRM - You're a really awesome guy to chill with man. Forget the haters (except me), you've earned your right to trash talk for awhile. Great performance, you deserved to be in Grand Finals. Especially after you got lucky during our match ;)

Therm - Good job repping New York. Always good to see you and your nasty Nightmare. Just get the rest of your damn crew in gear (looking at you RAMON!!!)

Sandman - You did good during the tournament. You might have a good thing going with your Sieg main and Viola secondary, though it's always hard for me since I'm always a one character guy. As long as you commit, you're gonna be an even scarier player go up against.

Jonnitti - You're among the most dedicated players I've had the pleasure of meeting. Lets keep in touch and get some practice casuals in sometime so you can get the placings you deserve.

Sporko - Always a pleasure hanging out with you you. Start playing more online, get more confidence, and more importantly...don't be too hard on yourself if you lose. You had a fine performance durign tournament and your Voldo is still great to watch.

JJJ - Such a close match against Mamba! Congrats making top 8. Mitsu is gay.

Malice - Any tournament is always better with you there. Thanks for recording stuff and generally being awesome. Come by Aneudy's more often!

NinjaGuy: Good showing! Hope you keep playing and stop eating ninja cannons =) Good performance little man!

Zero Effect- Thanks for the kind words my friend. Don't have too much of an identity / character crisis, as you still have one of the best Leixia's in the business and among the best defensive players in the game. I'm confident your time will come, and I'm definitely voting for you for that Leixia podcast.

El Bukis Wished we talked more! You traveled a long way, so I hope you had a great time. Hope to see you at the next one.

Boom - Great job repping Maryland. You need to get Hudathan and Promethius and all those jerks back into this!! I hope to see much punching of dicks in the future.

Rikuto - I told you were that you are shit. Always good to see 3D fighter players sticking together. I'll hit you up once I start playing DoA5 more.

Mamba: The man of many talents. Great job in both DOA and SCV. We need to hang more so you can show me some dirty DOA5 shiiiit

Lord Savior: You're the happiest competitor I know. We'll definitely be keeping in touch about South Jersey Tekken

ChaCha: What the fuck, I didn't even see you there!

AVYLON CREW- The tightest crew in the community. Thank you all so much for the support. Keep practicing and learn from your mistakes. I promise to come back to your sessions and whip you all into shape. Everyone is watching you, so continue to improve!!

Hubbs - I didn't get to chance to talk to you, but it's always great to see you running shit. You're always a valuable part of the community

Jaxel - For someone who's no longer crazy about playing the game, you did pretty good!! Hopefully they break back Talim so you can start wrecking shit again. Thank you always for the great streaming and the way you run tournaments. You definitely deserve more appreciation for your hard work.

Bibulous: The E-Sports man himself. Hopefully I'll see you again for some games in South Jersey. IT'S A DICK.

Woahhzz: Scrub

Aneudee: Scrub

I really wanted one of those top 2 spots in the tournament, but I loved being there and hanging out with all these awesome people. See you all at the next one.

Sorry I almost got us kicked out of the hotel. Hopefully you'll just consider that as a sign of how much fun I was having.

DELAWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me stop being lazy and write some shoutouts.

I was really looking forward to Winter Brawl because I wasn't in the best of health at NEC. I didn't get to do much during NEC, and the same thing happened at Winter Brawl because I got fucked up on Friday night. I got LIT up and somehow broke my controller during the course of the night by dropping it on the floor at the bar while yelling some shit about spices.

Shoutout to the people who flew all the way from across the country, or came from out of the country just to come to Winter Brawl and play Soulcalibur. I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves and got to see why east coast tournaments are the best.

Shoutout to all the new people I met. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking that no one is going to show, then I meet a bunch of new faces. All we need now is for some of these old faces to start coming out. But I'm glad to still see so many people coming out for the tournament or to show their support.

Big E & Hubbs: Thanks for putting on another amazing event. Can't wait for Summer Jam to get here.

Jaxel: Thanks for running the tournament and stream. I don't know how you escaped the asswhooping I was about to put on you. Next time though.

Kit: Thank you for coming through and providing the alcohol. Sorry I couldn't make it to the gun range. I got a bottle for you if you are going to ECT.

Rich: Thanks for coming through, hooking me up with the chicken & waffles potato chips, and for bringing that Neo Geo X with you. Because of you, lots of people know about Windjammers now.

MTFighter: I knew you would win and you did just that. Good to see you. Hope to see you again at ECT. Keep getting that cheddah.

IRM: congrats on placing second. Like I told you before, talk all the shit you want. I'll trade you Yoko for some Popeyes.

kAb: thanks from coming from Florida to Winter Brawl. Hope you had a great time. You and Hawkeye now need to duel it out at Final Round for sexiest Natsu player. (No homo)

JJJ: I should pray to you more but I stopped going to church a long time ago. (Sinner)

OmegaXCN: that mirror match was amazing. See you at the next whatever. Time to put AC Hookers back on the map.

Ninjaguy: congrats on team 9th place. Keep ballin'

ZeroEffect: you were one match away from getting in that chicken. If people are telling you that you are doing the right things with Leixia but can't explain what you should be doing to win, then the only thing I can think of that you may not be doing enough of is playing the player. I'm sure you will figure it out.

Jonnitti: shoutout to you dressed as a random hot dog for some strange reason. If you were dressed as a sausage, you would have blended right in.

Sporko: thank you for being white.

Sandman: you geometried the fuck out of people at Windjammers. GGs. Don't let Bryheem scoop you up in Tetris Attack next time though. I guess you two can run it back at PAX if you're going.

Hoenir: you muthafucka.

InsaneKhent: didn't see you. Hope everything is alright.

Avylon: always good to see you guys come out rolling deep, now with fancy banners. Hope you guys weren't disappointed by my drunken performance. Let's beat the shit out of people at the next event. Keep bringing the chicks with yall so that these events are less of a wienerfest now that we have people coming dressed up as actual wieners.

Anbody else I didn't get to meet at Winter Brawl: holla at me next time.

Markman & FilthieRich: always good to see you guys out supporting these tournaments. Holla at me.

FGC: Wash yo ass.

Popeyes: thanks for keeping me fed all weekend.

Strip club: thanks for keeping me entertained while waiting for people to get here.

Chick with the bison hat. GOOOOOOODDDDDDAMMMNNNNNNNN

Bibulus: you live right next to people who are coming to this event. Make plans with them so you can get here on Friday.

Chick dressed as Sonya Blade: GOOOOOOODDDDDDAMMMNNNNNNNN

Hotel security telling people to keep quiet when we're trying to party: Stop hatin'

Renegade: Thanks for the free doughnut.

KDZ: Always good to see you and playing SCV. I still owe you asswhoopings from SC4.

People who couldn't make it to Winter Brawl: I hope to at least see you at ECT5. Don't miss out on another hype event. Registration is now up.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/may-18-2013-east-coast-throwdown-5-morristown-nj.15058/

Peace bitches.

Back