Your favorite WipEout is...?

• WipEout Pure.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • WipEout Pulse.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are equally sexy!!

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Strange poll! Wipeout HD is the best one of course.

I played Wipeout on the PS1. Since then I haven't played any of them until now. It is so worth the 18 euro's.

First I want to complete the campaign, then I go online. I am 3 points short of opening the 5th part.

Loving WipeoutHD...

Can't get the Meltdown Time Trial in Vineta K on Phantom class though... the only gold medal I am missing.

Wipeout is awesome. Unfortunately I suck at it. I can beat people online but the campaign mode is kicking my ass probably because I haven't played it since it was out on the PSX.

It takes a while getting used to the controls, but I was playing last night and it just clicked. Now I am only getting better and getting gold medals left and right.

It is good to do the speed laps and zones to get to know the track. Once you have done that continue with the races.

Beating the CPU on skilled isn't much of a problem, but elite is a challenge! I must say, this game is the best racing I found so far on the PS3. After my dissapointment with Burnout Paradise I am happy for Wipeout to fill the gap. And since I didn't play Pulse or Pure, all content is new to me. Best value for money on PSN so far.

First tip... DONT USE PILOT ASSIST. Seriously, when you do, your top speed is hampered by 10%. Later on in the game, you will need that extra 10% and you'll struggle relearning the physics of the game.

CPU ON ELITE CHEATS! Seriously, the AI for elite isn't any better than novice, its just as bad. The problem is that on elite, all the CPU planes get a massive speed boost. As the Icarus (fastest ship in the game), I get outpaced by the Triakis (one of the slowest). Because of the speed boost, you are starting every race with a 5 second detriment; and since you always start in last place, you are playing catchup to 7 other racers who are faster than you. They dont take good lines, dont do barrel rolls and dont hit a lot of the boosts, so it requires perfection on you, and even then you sometimes dont win.

I did a race, I did three PERFECT LAPS, hit every boost, hit every barrel roll, and still lost. The problem is that whenever you get towards the head of the pack, and finally reach 2nd place, you need to hope that whoever was in 2nd place before was shooting 1st place to slow him down. So often I get to second place, and then first place is still 6 seconds ahead. Its complete luck on whether or not the other racers are shooting each other... because they are most certainly always shooting you...

At that point, you need to hope to get a few boost items (which you wont), and hope that first place doesnt get any of their own (which they will). I seriously cant understand how they expect anyone to win 8 race phantom class tournaments with that complete randomness of elite difficulty.

...because many of the trophy challenges are completely insane and stupid.

I've been playing it when I get tired of SC4. It's a really good game for $20. I love playing against people you know because I love to talk shit while racing. If you like racing games, go cop it.

this game is awesome and well worth the money! pretty damn challenging too :D

i just finished uploading my zico beating vid, check it out :D

I've been stuck at 31.82... and I cant do the Zones medals because of my epilepsy.

I am trying to complete all of the events so that I can then focus on winning the remaining trophies. And now that I have my own music in the game, it's really alot of fun to play.

Well, I have hit a wall and cannot get passed it. The Meltdown rounds on phantom speed are just too hard for me. I have given it some time and I am not getting better.

I'm probably getting too old for this shit and the weed and alcohol which have passed through my system have taken their toll.

Well, I met the limit of the game for me. Phantom speed is just too hard for me. I'm probably getting too old for this shit and the weed and alcohol which have passed through my system have taken their toll.

it'll be the same for me. *sigh*

so far it's still addicting!

Back