[Wisconsin] Wisconsin still exists? WTF?

I heard someone named Webster is pretty good at fighting games...

But no one has ever seen this person o_0...

What's up with that?

Jimmy!! Post up those intro vids already, damn it! Or give them to Bill, he was on the ball with match vids! :-P Or send them to me and I'll edit/upload them.

Jimmy: Are you going to Denver Regional this weekend? Im tempted to look up tickets, they cant be that expensive from vegas to denver.

So I heard this is where the Madison fighter players post. I've got a PS3, a pretty TV, and 2 HRAP3s, so I'm pretty much down for any fighter ever. Add me on PSN, message me, or whatever so we can get some games going. I have SFIV, SCIII, and HDR on PS3, and a ton of PS2 fighters (not online :( ). So, yeah, let's play some games.

So I heard this is where the Madison fighter players post. I've got a PS3, a pretty TV, and 2 HRAP3s, so I'm pretty much down for any fighter ever. Add me on PSN, message me, or whatever so we can get some games going. I have SFIV, SCIII, and HDR on PS3, and a ton of PS2 fighters (not online :( ). So, yeah, let's play some games.

Hi there.

We don't use this thread very often. We mostly talk to each other on facebook. Here is the leader of our community : http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?oid=9907214323&success=2&failure=0#/profile.php?id=745746240

Keep your eye out in the Tournament Announcement section for our tournaments. If we have a gathering before then i will be sure to PM you, but nothing is planned right now.

Cya around.

devildigimon said:
Uhmmm...yeah national rules suck and I didn't know you guys were doing BISEXUAL Weeklys. :smile:

So I will edit the rules infavor to what we already discussed in-person.

RULES FOR TOURNAMENT GAMES ON FRIDAY NIGHT EDITED!!!

devildigimon said:
3 days away...

MEGA EDIT:

K here we go:

for those staying at the lock-in...

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD (or whatever u rep), BRING FUCKING SHOWERING STUFF. There is no shower at the venue. But the gaming director of screenz has offered his crib to be used and will drive people there and back - to shower, wash up, and etc.

If you are a chicago local, YOU WILL BE LAST ON THE LIST (YES THERE WILL BE A SHOWER LIST. T.Os are first, then out of towners, then locals)! For you could actally go home before 11am wash up, come back, and make it in time for tournament registration (that is if you ever bother to crash at the lock-in anyways).

I don't want to smell B.O, if I do...I swear to god I'm going to tell (not ask) u politely to leave and get it taken care of. It's bogus and freakin disgusting.

Okay now that's out of the way...moving on:

Next is SF4 set-ups,

WE NEED THEM!!! The SF4 tournament is strictly on PS3. So if u have a full set-up that you can bring and aren't on the "PEOPLE WHO ARE BRINGING SET-UPS" list...please post up asap. Our target is to get at least 5 (minimum) sf4 stations for this tournament

What I'm posting about for set-ups, DOES apply to all tournament games. You could NEVER have enough set-ups at a tournament. So please bring them.

We use it, your venue fee is completely waived.

Next:

Screenz is goin to run some tournaments on friday at the lock-in. Those games will be:

Naruto Narutimate Accel 2
* free tournament
* double elimination
* 2/3 matches
* No characters banned
* 8 people or more and first place gets $20

Super Smash Brother 64 (we need another set up)
* free tournament
* double elimination
* 3 stock
* 6 mins time
* 2/3 matches
* no characters or stages banned
* prize bragging rights (TBA)

Soul Calibur 4 and 3 tournaments (I want to run 3 just for lolz, and because I miss playing it...lol. So if like no one brings sc4 we're playing 3. Hell we're playing 3 anyways...lol)
* ENTRY FEE $1
* double elimination
* 3/5 rounds
* 2/3 matches
* default time, soul gauge, and health (for both games, minus soul gauge for sc3)
* ALGOL, YODA, AND ALL THE BONUS CHARACTERS ARE BANNED IN SC4 (because most sc players play smash brothers and ban everything...lol)
* N0 CHARACTERS BANNED IN SC3
* VC banned in SC3
* WINNER TAKES IT ALL (what exactly is the "winner" gonna "take"? o_0)

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (need another set up)
* free tournament
* double elimination
* 2/3 rounds (gay...drag that shit out...lol)
* 2/3 matches
* gill is banned (but he's immortal :/)
* no system changes
* micro mapping banned
* prize bragging rights (TBA)

Depending if there is interest, we can run the following:

DBZ 3.1 (fuck infinite world)
Tekken DR (tekken sucks)
Fate Unlimited Codes (i'm garunteed 2nd place...lol)
Mortal Kombat something (UMK3 or MKA)
CVS2
CVS2: ReMix
Arcana Heart Full (for the lolz and prep for Sugoi! AH2)

Post ideas, bring stuff, GET FUCKING HYPE...

Will webster break a controller finally?

Come to the tournament/lock-in this weekend and find out.... :)

K to make things easier I'm just gonna quote myself from SRK. There have been updates for Friday's Line Up at screenz. Especially since I didn't know there was bi weekly tournaments for sc4 already going on...so check it out.

Webster, I apparantly can't say this enough: give up on the whole Japanese SC3 thing. You are the only one who thinks Japan is the answer to all the game's problems. Speaking as someone likely to own such a thing: I'm telling you that if I had it, I would not loan it out or sell it. Find it yourself or give up. You will not get an ally in this quest.

LOL...Caleb you are a rather blunt person. And i totally respect that. I do know that SC4 is better than SC3 (in terms of what the majority of competitive players decided and accepted). But my circle of friends like SC3 more, and I told them there was a slightly better console version of the game. They said they wanted to play it...so I'm looking to get it. One way or another. I mean if people have Jap SC3 just collection why not help a brotha in need...lol!

But in the end it's all good...

I'm not comparing 3 to 4, and I'm not saying you shouldn't play 3. I'd play 3. We're playing 3 this weekend. I'll play any Calibur that anyone wants to play. I'm just trying to bring you some clarity on this Japan thing. There's nothing worthwhile there. You make me want to get the game myself (which I doubt would be hard), partly to add to my collection, and partly to prove to you how unimportant it is.

You're imagining that this thing would have some kind of difference-making rebalance that will turn people on, but people are just as likely to be turned off by the unfamiliarity. Rebalancing a fighting game is only useful after the players have familiarized themselves with it.

Example using SC3 and SC3AE: Ivy 66[K], 6B+K. It's a killer long-distance ring-out combo in SC3, but in SC3AE, the 6B+K comes out too slow to combo with it. Is that more balanced? Sure, but when a veteran Ivy player steps up to play SC3AE in a tournament and tries to use that combo, they end up feeling cheated because they invested in something they didn't know was nerfed.

That feeling, or a fear of that feeling contributed to the commercial failure of SC3AE, and it's the reason your SC3JP idea is destined to fail. Rebalancing is worthless when it doesn't get wide distribution. It can actually be repellant, and by that logic: a patch that's exclusively available as a Japanese import is the worst possible scenario. There are even cases like Tekken 5.1 where not everyone agrees that it's an improvement.

EDITED THE 2ND TO LAST POST BEFORE THIS ONE...IN REGARDS TO THE FRIDAY NIGHT TOURNAMENT AT SCREENZ THIS WEEKEND.

Caleb:

lol...I'm just doing whatever it is I'm doing, for me and my little circle of friends that play/like/enjoy sc3. We all know that yeah...there is little to no change between the us sc3 and jap sc3 console games. But the changes that are there...make the characters we do play, play differently (Xainghua, Kilik, Sophita, Nightmare, and etc.)...even if it's just a little. So with us going back to sc3, like we can't remember shit for this game haha. So being unfamiliar with the speed, moves, system of the game is exciting. And the more we are relearning the more we appreciate the game. Yeah maybe we are just weird (not saying u hinted or said that), but hey we just love fighting games a bit too much. That if we have to back track to fit our interest...so be it!

I too want jap sc3 just for the sole purpose of having it. I have looked everywhere for this game online to either buy (and by buy, I mean my friend would buy it...lol) or whatever...and found nothing. So if you do find it, get it...I'd be jealous and tempted to ask how. :)

Webster I'm coming down for thanksgiving and staying for a month you better make some time for some rounds of play. Any SC is game for me. Madison I'll come up at least once for an ass whopping haven't touched in SC since I left but I still got the fierceness I bring in any game I play. If you're in milwaukee let me know so we can set something up.

guys don't miss this tournament!!!

http://www.8wayrun.com/f2/cof-angry-shinobi-circus-sc4-and-sc2-old-t6314/page2.html

it's in feb 2010, so less than 2 months away. location of the tournament, is right inbetween WI and IL (very nice venue). we need to hype that thread, then I can add some cash bonuses.

hope to see u all there.

Jay are u STILL in WI. Sorry I haven't seen this until now. I don't have a car, so if you're able to get Faf to bring u to my place we can definitely play some calibur. Gimme a call:

262.456.0436/Webster

sup guys...yall need to sign up for this new site about fighting games. its all about every fighting game as well as MMA. its pretty bad ass & its free!!! kinda like face book too. its a site by Mr. Cox from H-Town so lets all support it & keep it alive because it is very legit. the site is called:

www.gmma.us

Back