Woof-Woof: Ultimate Guide to ZWEI

yeah i think this post is actually good...condensing all....but will be a good idea taking this info to separate threads too ;)...........if you dont mind i have some scans of the oficial guide(i own) of zwei....i can post a link to my forum for the people who want to see that.

This char is fun, I'm gonna play him.

Hola lolo....ke bueno saber ke jugaras con zwei, eres excelente player con Yoshi, espero verte jugando con zwei pronto ;)

If community call for it, of course lets have a separate topics. You can still have separate topic for discussions and update a single post though. I thought that's more convinient this way.
Yeah, you're right. Sorry about making things off topic. It's definitely more convenient, especially when so much has been added already and there's a good chance more information will come up soon. Hadn't thought about it that way =\.

Yeah, you're right. Sorry about making things off topic. It's definitely more convenient, especially when so much has been added already and there's a good chance more information will come up soon. Hadn't thought about it that way =\.
No offence taken at all. Its up to you how you handle stuff. You're the mod anyway.
All I care for is convinience of use for those, trying to learn ZWEI. I generally prefer to have things in one place.
I.e I have all things sorted by general categories in Mitsu SA
I have 1 thread for Oki and Tech trap
I have 1 thread for Combo
A thread for Punishment too.
B/c I want to be able to print that, or open while Im playing and navigate through it easily.
But with ZWEI I wanted to list many important things:
Why is he good (bad)
What are ring outs
Frame traps
Setups

Right now I want to post this things in Mitsu SA and I cannot find a place for it.
So for ZWEI It felt better in a single thread.
But maybe its just me.

No you're absolutely right, and considering how young this thread is it's better to have everything together. It's also one of the more active threads, so people coming into the SA will probably check into it and they'll find the only useful information in the SA. Sad to admit, but true. =\

after 66BA and 4B B+K* 1K is a force block unless they tech back, very good way to teach them to get up into a 214B of 44A. Also it does really good guard dmg.

I don't have time to play the game this days but if someone want to research something here is some point that I was planning to do :

- B+K:BE B+K (air hit) => LNC very high, I don't know exactly what you can do here, but I'am sure we can find a deadly combo by impacting Zwei + EIN together with a powerful Zwei attack, then CE.

- 6[B+K] situations, there is a lot's to discover yet, the follow-up seems to crumple stn on CH, I'am sure there is a combo or an application to find here too. Maybe holding B+K and doing a powerful A type attack, that will let you combo with the release of the B+K

- Left/Right Throws, I noticed that Left/Right throw will call EIN and do full damage even if you called EIN right before. It means that you won't be forced to do A+G throw on some mixup when you can charge EIN longer enough to Right/Left step and force a Throw mixup.

- Seems that if you impact Throw and EIN at the same time, it will give you non blocable situation with free hit, or free RO.

- Is B+K:BE 66BA EIN 66A+B/1A combo?? I expect it will be his best damaging option for crouching people.

Sorry if this has been brought up before and i missed it

I personally never find myself using 1K(BE) in the A+B,4B(BE),1K(BE),CE,B+K,4A+B combo. From everything i can find it's essentially half gauge for a 3 damage difference...Admittedly 3 cool looking points of damage. Unless I'm totally missing something thought the 1K(BE) seem pretty unnecessary in that combo.

It also seems like not very much is being done with 3A(BE) and 66_33_99A(BE) setups which both work into decent damage critical edges(and I'm hoping more). They're collecting dust compared to the others at least in my roster.

EDIT: Did a bit of testing and found out 4[A],214B,EIN,3A(BE),1K(BE),CE,B+K,4A+B works...although its use is limited and it feels like finger gymnastics to pull it off but it works for around 118 damage....It's a start.

It looks like if you're going want to use 2 whole bars on 1 guard break punisher, 4[A],214B,EIN,3K,1K(BE),CE,B+K,4A+B is the way to go, negating the last combo, but still showing that it can have use somewhere.

It feels like ZWEI is constantly 2 frames away from true potential for almost every combo i try out.

found somthing kinda interesting: if you do B+K BE 22B if they block the 22B they can't avoid the ein attack and you are left at huge advantage and in range to force them to block A+B/4B also if you do A+B the full string breaks in 5 guards. The down side to this is that 22B has the trip effect that 2K has so if it hits they can still block the ein attack.

So watching Sosuhe's godlike ZWEI sort of encouraged me.
Here are some hot brand new, wicked finds by yours truly

As some of you know, when you end combos with 1B you get quite an interesting situation, where 1B]K will trap all rolls for good damage. You can charge the EIN here as long as you want

So
1B]K hit all rolls, combo/techtrap with 1A (64) and wakeup

Once they get up however
3A, EIN, 6K, CE, B+K, 4A+B = 156 I think they can escape by back tech =(
3A, EIN, CE etc = 131
3A, EIN, 3A*, B] = 110
3A, EIN, 66BA = 91
Maybe there are better combos though

You can reach them with throw right away here so
A+G, EIN,6K, CE etc = 156 I think they can escape by back tech =(
A+G, EIN, 4B*, 66A+B = 92 dmg
A+G, EIN, A+B = 76 dmg

B-throw will not work though well T_T

Another quite an interesting thing in this particular setup is that should they not block the EIN hit and you dash. There is a timing where both throws become a backthrow, not practical but fun.

Ending combos with 66A+B] is also very nice, since Partial hold of ZWEI is a TECH TRAP ALL. Once they fear to tech
there are obviously many opportunities, but some of them are
- slightly more delayed 66A+B] into 1A will be guaranteed against rolls + grants wake up.
- even more delayed 66A+B] into 1A will be a tech trap, but blockable )
- delay into 44B will hit roll back and right and give ground stun
- I think there is more stuff to find. Possiblities seem interesting)))
- Also I noticed here, that 1A animation is hidden behind EIN so you can possibly use it to mix up with something slow and damaging.

i really liked Sosuhe's zwei too but he was getting away with murder against that aP player. 66BA (B+K)* 3AA worked far to many times because the aP would get up and step almost every time among other things that shouldn't have worked as often as they did.

22K, B] - 66BA tech all against almost all characters (work on Natsu, Zwei, Asta, not work on Lexia - can escape right)
22K, B] - 1B tech all. Also is a guarantee against all characters if hits opp side taking combo damage to 70 and more.

any combo ending with 66A+B -
66A+B] (medium hold, release about the time your sword hits opponent otg) trap all, guranteed too.

i really liked Sosuhe's zwei too but he was getting away with murder against that aP player. 66BA (B+K)* 3AA worked far to many times because the aP would get up and step almost every time among other things that shouldn't have worked as often as they did.

Is there links to these videos?

There's some good gameplay against Natsu around 6:03. The Natsu actually knows how to deal with some of his moves.

Edit: How do you guys feel about the 6B+K series? Is it good or bad?

Yes, this set with Natsu is true high level
btw this guys name turns out to be Oshalet, not Sosuhi )

i didn't even know the 6B+K moves existed for a while, somehow i never came across them. 6B+K B is good even against opponents who know Zwei, cus some still don't know that move. But it has no range, is duckable, and doesn't allow for any mixups when you hold Ein. Only a good move cus it's unexpected.

Belial idk how you can defend Zwei because he is absolute shit tier in every single last matchup, try stopping Voldo's pressure and mixups it's ridiculous and that's just one matchup, im done with Zwei until he gets as much buffs as Tira did nerfs, time to conform to top tier and use Cervantes.

Beliel defends zwei because beliel understands how the game works and how to use a character to maximize their effectiveness.

Back