YosharioIII's Character Creation's...

Recreation- Cassandra again...
Cassandra (1).png
Cassandra (2).png

Changed Cassy a little again. Turtle shells work SO much better than any shoulder equipment. The Grand Dame hairdo is tied back, but not as messy as Jagged Layers... I wish there was a medium between the two.... The zipper sticker is my new best friend, it really brings the gloves and pauldrons together. White pocket stickers on her coller bone for the... drapey thing... the one in the close-up is faded, but I updated it and forgot to take another picture. One more thing... I'm not quite sure if I really like the DLC Sorrowful Boots better than the Honor Boots I had before... They jest look less mature... I guess...

Recreation- 32 Year-Old Talim for Le Bello's contest
(This really got me in the mood to make aged characters that aren't in the games... I might make more...)

TalimX (1).png
TalimX (2).png
TalimX (5).png
After the evil sword was destroyed and it's corrupting force purged from the land, Talim decided to return home. Although she was aware that it's influence was gone from the land, Talim still could sense the faintest trickle of the sword's vigorous aura elseware; very far away. This was not something Talim was immediately worried about, she was however, completely sure that the sword would return. Talim resumed normal life in her village, as the wind priestess. Her time to relax and be with family was cherished. Yet she never stopped training, and remained vigilant for the dark power to rear it's head. And when it did, 17 years later,Talim was prepared. It saddened her and her people for her to go, but Talim was determined to do what ever she could to purge Soul Edge for the land once again...
Story Notes
Talim was one of my favorite characters, and I exploded when she wasn't in V. Her truly kind and innocent personality, with being strong and in-control, was nice compared to the rest of the cast. (Plus she get's bonus points for being Filipino, of which I am 50%! :D). The story's not very creative, but it sounds just like something Namco would come up with -_-... I know how people thought about some great creative and different things for Talim, her becoming a wanderer, spirit, monster... But I just couldn't do to my Talim, I like her the way she is. Now 32, her personality can't exactly be the way it was. I imagine she would still be unflinchingly kind, but more mature. She would probably be motherly, and very wise, but still very able in combat. I don't really have a story explaination for her missing moveset... let's pretend it's still there... (honestly I haven't even decided on it... either Z.W.E.I., Viola, Natsu, Maxi...). Anyway, who cares about this stuff, the contest is for the creation!
Creation Notes
She is a Filipino Babaylan (I think), a priestess, so I based her design from pictures I Googled, retaining her most common color scheme. I tried to avoid short pants, the twin braids, and other things I believe she would've abandoned as she matured. I believed that a revealed midriff is crucial to the design, from what I've seen of Babaylon and indigenous Filipino outfits. I also didn't want to overuse Absolution Gear, even though the jewelry and transparent cloth is very compatable with Talim. I didn't want to make her too tan, but she is tanner than she was in IV. I tried to make the Dancer's Top and the Tube Top look like one shirt by putting Talim's insignia on both. Uhhh... yeah... I hope you all like it!

Attachments

• TalimX (4).png
    TalimX (4).png
    297.9 KB · Views: 459
  • TalimX (3).png
    TalimX (3).png
    428.9 KB · Views: 512
Josh- Original, Age: 16
Josh (3).png
Josh (1).png

Josh (2).png

ChrDsn-Default.jpg

The character I use to represent me... The character design takes influences from Square-Enix characters... I don't really wear all those things... I used Bat Wings to simulate the collar, lapels, and coat tails. I also used a halo to make the right sleeve look rolled up... I can't find anything to match my hair though... The fourth image is a sketch of the character... clearly I have more freedom with the drawing...

Wyls- Original, Age: 20
Wyls (3).png
Wyls (1).png
Wyls (2).png

Background: A young man who was born with a disease that makes him very sickly and feeble. He however has an incredible mind and is skilled in engineering and alchemy. He wears mechanicle braces that he made himself, which help him move around with his condition. The right arm brace is rigged to be stronger, for it is his sword arm. He is brave and stern in personality, but knows the limitations of his abilities. He doesn't let his enemies know about his limits however, and puts on a powerful face in combat.

Notes: I wish those greaves and gauntlets could look more mechanical... this'll have to do for now... I tried to use that pattern to look... glowy...

Xianghua- Recreation, Age: 20
Xianghua (3).png
Xianghua (1).png

Xianghua (2).png

I was pleased with this Xianghua. I haven't seen anyone recreate her IV outfit... so I did! Things that bug me: Medium Bandages cover up the sleeves of the jacket (not to bad...), the hair... I could not find anything good enough to make the dingle-danglies in it (can't stand the Celestial Maiden hairdo) but the hair is okay without them, and the face... the two asian faces... Face 2 is too young and cute; the other asian one whose number I don't remeber is too mature and asian... I stuck with this one... but it's still too... white looking... The butterfly wing sticker, and the gradient stripe pattern worked really well here.
192px-Sc4-xianghua.jpg

Xianghua- Recreation, Age 37 (as in V)
XianghuaX (3).png
XianghuaX (1).png
XianghuaX (2).png

See what I'm doing? I'm recreating missing characters as they were in IV, and making them for V!... Yeah... But I try to base the new... aged characters outfits of ones I didn't use. While this one is actully based off of art of xianghua with her daughter, the pants is from her Soulcalibur 1p, the pink exists in many outfits, etc. I'm not entirely done... I want to put some kind of insignia on her chest (like her Soulcalibur II 1p)... but I've yet to decide...
293px-Xianghua-Leixia.jpg

"Sophitia" Elysium (again)- 3p
ElysiumX (1).png
ElysiumX (2).png

A costume for Elysium based on Sophitia's IV 1p, instead of using the Chiton like did last time; I used an Isis' Breastplate, Snake Horns, and Cylinder combonation (looks better in action). I'm using the Gladiator Boots/Leg Wraps instead of the Absolution Solea, I honestly think it's more accurate.
202px-Sc4-sophitia.jpg

Sophitia- Recreation, Age: deceased
Sophitia (1).png
Sophitia (2).png
Sophitia (3).png

An actual Sophitia! Outfit based on her Soul Edge and Soulcalibur/II 1p's. I tried to make her body and other features as close to Elysium as possible. Added a Halo, 'cause y'know, this is her appearance in V, and she's dead...
251px-Sophitia01.jpg
262px-SophitiaSoulEdge1P.jpg

Cassandra- Recreation, Age: 38
CassandraX2 (3).png
CassandraX2 (2).png

I'm sure ya'll've already seen my recreated Soulcalibur IV Cassandra, here's her in V. I've always wanted to use the Wonder Coat, and it works well. It is bulkier than the skimpy things she's been wearing (as welll as rembling her III outfit), a symbol of maturity. Her normally large pink bows are smaller and more brownish. The white sash she is wearing (while it shrinks the waist of the a little too bulky Wonder Coat) is a reference to her deceased sister Sophitia, she is also wearing the Goddess' Feather Brooch (what Sophitia wore in her hair in IV) on her tie.
221px-Cass-soul3art.jpg
And now...

Another Cassandra?...-Recreation, Age 38(?)
Ever hear of that theory (from the japanese artbook, I believe) that Cassandra some how entered Astral Chaos?...
CassandraX2 (1).png
CassandraX2 (4).png

This is Cassandra adventuring the barren and mysterious Astral Chaos. I'm kinda of using all of these Alexandra sisters' CaS's to write up a little scenario of Cassandra finding out about and entering AC to find Soul Edge in order to exact revenge on Tira/the malfested. Contadictory to her independant personality, she is furious out of grief. If I had a recording device it would be sooooo awesome to play them (the battles) out and show everyone... But anyway, the story is more complicated, but I shouldn't explain it here, some other time. Her jacket is torn; tattered; and dirtied, her tie is undone into a scarf; bow used as a headband, hair tied back, war paint, and the sash and brooch are still present.

Well that took a while. Thank you and enjoy your day! (and my CaS's! :D)

Attachments

• XianghuaX (2).png
    XianghuaX (2).png
    691.3 KB · Views: 400
  • XianghuaX (1).png
    XianghuaX (1).png
    556.2 KB · Views: 387
  • XianghuaX (3).png
    XianghuaX (3).png
    385.8 KB · Views: 388
  • CassandraX2 (4).png
    CassandraX2 (4).png
    751.2 KB · Views: 399
  • CassandraX2 (1).png
    CassandraX2 (1).png
    418.6 KB · Views: 412
  • CassandraX2 (2).png
    CassandraX2 (2).png
    751.9 KB · Views: 404
  • ElysiumX (2).png
    ElysiumX (2).png
    698 KB · Views: 377
  • ElysiumX (1).png
    ElysiumX (1).png
    428.1 KB · Views: 416
  • Sophitia (3).png
    Sophitia (3).png
    680.5 KB · Views: 423
  • Sophitia (1).png
    Sophitia (1).png
    419.4 KB · Views: 439
  • Sophitia (2).png
    Sophitia (2).png
    512.4 KB · Views: 441
  • Xianghua (3).png
    Xianghua (3).png
    413.3 KB · Views: 409
  • Xianghua (2).png
    Xianghua (2).png
    663.4 KB · Views: 398
  • Xianghua (1).png
    Xianghua (1).png
    556.9 KB · Views: 392
  • Josh (1).png
    Josh (1).png
    364.5 KB · Views: 402
  • Josh (2).png
    Josh (2).png
    561.9 KB · Views: 404
  • Josh (3).png
    Josh (3).png
    311.9 KB · Views: 416
  • Wyls (2).png
    Wyls (2).png
    741.6 KB · Views: 417
  • Wyls (3).png
    Wyls (3).png
    565.4 KB · Views: 382
  • Wyls (1).png
    Wyls (1).png
    436.1 KB · Views: 427
  • 79px-Cass-soul3art.jpg
    79px-Cass-soul3art.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 351
  • 183px-Cassandra-alexandra-in-soul-calibur-4-jpg.jpg
    183px-Cassandra-alexandra-in-soul-calibur-4-jpg.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 322
  • Cassandra (2).png
    Cassandra (2).png
    770.1 KB · Views: 400
  • Cassandra (1).png
    Cassandra (1).png
    473.3 KB · Views: 435
1. Josh is kind of bland.
2. The stickers on Wyls chest are strange. Maybe random is a better word. What's with the zipper and the stickers? Is there something I should be seeing? Anyway his concept is very promising and I like the right arm.

@AlfimiEinst- Thanks! I was so excited to finally make those, and I love the way they turned out!
@Noregrets- Yeah, he is a little bland... there's more I want to do with him... but I'm not entirely sure... With Wyls those stickers... I like the way they stick out and look metallic, I wanted the vest of his shirt to look metallic (his orignal design had a breastplate, but it didn't fly...). The zipper may have been a bit much... but yeah, there's no deeper meaning. (It kinda looks like face though...)
@JoelDarkside- My honest opinion on those who ask for formulas, could you not just eyeball it to make it? I mean I'm really lazy, and I don't wanna type all that up the mistakes you make while trying to imitate it could work out, and make it your own. I know I wouldn't want an exact copy of something some one else made. In other words, nope, make it yourself! :P Sorry.

Thanks for the feed back!

These are some fantastic recreations. Seong Mina is a standout (obviously) for being an instantly recognizable and accurate depiction of her SCIV self.

The God of Magic Kefka is particularly good, too. Nice use of wings, stickers, colours and the feathers in his hair.

I've also got to tip my hat for the sneaky way you made Squall's jacket by taking advantage of the Leather Shirt's sleeves being separate from the body. It's simple but oh so effective.

The Warrior of Light is also very good and not one I see done all that often.

On to your originals.

I really like the idea behind Celia. It's quirky but also has the ability to actually work given the style and weapon you've chosen. If you're still unsure about the hat (I know she was posted a while ago) you could try the Euphoric Helm, the armoured wizard-like hat. It's armoured yet magicky (now a word) which might fit with her. Failing that you could have a look at the Kiku Mabisashi (sp?), the little round round helmet with the veil over the mouth. That might work, too. I'm a huge fan of the concept, though.

Fa's also got a nice theme. It's not as quirky as Celia's but the bird motif is evident. A few technical things which might help you polish her up could include using the Zipper sticker to create a visual link between her shoulder guards and her arms. Right now they look sort of floaty. The Zipper sticker is temperamental but there is a way to make it look like straps if you look here under Sticker Tips. I found it by accident but this explains how it actually works (which is all kinds of handy). As for her trousers, either a pattern with texture or a big Sticker will help give some detail (Tip: If you place a sticker by axis on her hips and make it huge you can cover the front of both legs with one sticker. It can be handy if you're running out of slots.).

I agree that Josh needs a little bit of work. You could try playing around with the Baihu Coat and see if you can get something closer to what you've got in your picture. Some of the DLC items might help as well, maybe even ZWEI's coat could be worth a look. It depends on what vibe you want him to give off.

Wyls' chest is a bit bare. I understand it's to look like a matallic suit and the stickers do help that, there just isn't anything focal to see there. The Ancient Armour DLC items can all have stickers put on them- arms, legs, chest and (I think) helmet. If you're unsure about the patterns on his arms and legs you could experiment with those and see if anything fits.

The Astral Plane Cassandra is an unexpected and interesting twist on someone who used to be an incredibly annoying, obnoxious, brat of a character. Clearly she's been through some hard times and her girly bows are long gone. It's dark but not overly morbid, which I quite like.

Looking through the thread linked above will give hints on how to give your characters little details or some polish. As long as you've got a clear idea in your head of what you want, all you need is a little trial and error.

I look forward to seeing more of your stuff...and I'm sorry for Wall o' Texting the crap out of your thread...I'll let myself out.

Getting advice from Fliptop? Awesome! But no, really thanks for all the compliments and ideas. Squall is actually wearing the Cotton Shirt, which is all one color, I used a sticker in the middle. I've already redesigned/Am redesigning Celia and Fa, but haven't posted them yet. Still working on Josh and Wyls... but I'll definately factor in some of those ideas. Thanks again for the tips and feedback, and the Wall o' Text is fine, I like excessive informativeness. :D

Getting advice from Fliptop? Awesome! But no, really thanks for all the compliments and ideas. Squall is actually wearing the Cotton Shirt, which is all one color, I used a sticker in the middle. I've already redesigned/Am redesigning Celia and Fa, but haven't posted them yet. Still working on Josh and Wyls... but I'll definately factor in some of those ideas. Thanks again for the tips and feedback, and the Wall o' Text is fine, I like excessive informativeness. :D

...and now I've gone back and noticed you wrote it was the cotton shirt/sticker under the picture. Now I feel stupid and tired. :(

I look forward to see-I've said that already, haven't I? Well the sentiment remains the same.

Cheers!

Super huge update!

ORIGNALS

Zhàn Hépíng "Fa"- Original, Age 19
Fa (4).png
Fa (3).png
Fa (5).png

A Chinese girl who has a lasting family history of great warriors. Her mother is an imperial guard and her father was a general who retired due to injury. The expectations she holds due to her family and ancestor's great combat prowess is quite, and she makes-up for it. Heping is very able in battle, which of course makes her parents very proud. However, she is fairly against fighting, and hates violence (not like Pyrrha, who is a total crybaby and is forced to fight. Heping is just very expected to fight, but doesn't wish to dissapoint her family). The legacy she holds is difficult to bear, but she feigns wielding it. Heping is meek and calm in personality, but in combat she masks her true nature by talking tough. Her job is a sort of watchman of surrounding areas of the palace, like a police officer of the city. Crime has been discouraged due to the knowledge of her heritage and heer fighting prowess, which has earned her nickname , Fa (Law). Fa's parents wish to enlist her in a more active role like imperial guard or soldier, so her abilities can live to full potential. But Fa insists she remain in the city to prevent crime from rising up again, while she truly desires to stay where she knows there is less fighting. BLAHBLAH BLAH, SOUL EDGE REALTED SCENARIO THAT I'VE NOT THOUGHT OF.
Her main colors are light green, pale pinks, gold and white. Her armor is stylized to resemble jade. She is also emblazoned with several references to the white dove, symbolizing her truly peacful nature. Pyrrha's movest also represents the reluctance of her personality, and the Gladiatrix kinda looks like a chinese jian. Her name means "Peace" representing her, her surname means "War" representing her family, her nickname means "Law" representing the occupation most of the city knows her for. I have no clue what the symobol on her back means, I wish they were listed.

Cecille Isolda- Original, Age 24
Celia (5).png
Celia (3).png
Celia (4).png

Cecille was born and raised into a group of travelling troubadours and minstrels, who also served as mercenaries most of them being ex-soldiers, knights and mages. They treked all over Europe telling stories and doing jobs, earning money as a company. After doing a job in which they took out a powerful crime monger, a group of bandits set the group on a hitlist. While the company was able enough to handle the vandals for a while, when the evil seed ocurred, the bandits became corrupted and superpowered, elimanating Cecile's entire clan when she was young. The bandits eventually killed eachother out, leaving Cecille alone. After travelling around the supercontinent, she honed her skills, but never came close to finding Soul Edge until 1607.

Few updates here, some colors were dulled or lightened, added a cape, altered her hat wings a little. I ended keeping the facepaint, and decorated her shoulds a little more. Her colors are red and blue, pale gold and bluish-silver. I wanted a mage-knight type character, using Yohimitsu's Chevalier weapon. Her original design was more similar on a trobairitz (female troubadaour) but I wanted her to be more combat ready and I ended up overhauling her (I smell alt outfit!) Both of her names are of Welsh origin, Cecille (from "blind") and Isolda ("beauty").

Wyls- Original, Age 20
Wyls (5).png
Wyls (6).png
Wyls (4).png

NO STORY YET

I decided to totally mask his face, he is a wanderer and quite sickly y'know. Sort of a dragon-ish theme going on too. I rearranged the stickers on his vest, changed his pants and etc...

Samus- EPIC Recreation
Samus (3).png
Samus (2).png

I got excited saw the racicing helmet in DLC, and went for this... I find it pretty impressive, but what really exited me was what I perfectly rigged it to appear with in equipment break...
ZSSamus (1).png
ZSSamus (2).png
ZSSamus (3).png

No joke, it works perfectly!

Ridley- AWESOME Recreation
Ridley (3).png
Ridley (2).png
Ridley (1).png

With Aeon's head and and an overstretched Turtle Shell, I have acheived awesome.

Past Recreation Updates (from DLC or just because)
Ultimecia.png

Ultimecia
Terra.png

Terra
XianghuaX.png

Xianghua
Mario (2).png
Mario (1).png

Mario
Peach (1).png
Peach (2).png

Peach
Daisy (1).png
Daisy (2).png

Daisy

NEW
Luigi (2).png
Luigi (3).png

Luigi
Celes.png
Celes (Final Fantasy VI)
Ike.png
Ike (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Attachments

• Luigi (1).png
    Luigi (1).png
    280.5 KB · Views: 395
  • Samus (1).png
    Samus (1).png
    453.3 KB · Views: 380
Awesome job with Samus, but I think you should remove the hand plasma cannon(or whatever it's called =p), since it's clearly not working(holding weapon with the cannon? =p) and focus in making the helmet more accurate.

Awesome job with Samus, but I think you should remove the hand plasma cannon(or whatever it's called =p), since it's clearly not working(holding weapon with the cannon? =p) and focus in making the helmet more accurate.

Yeah I was thinking of just slapping a green zipper over the right gauntlet (if even possible) and perhaps sticking a red scroll through the helmet... (ha, this is how art is made; slapping and sticking strangely colored objects in places that they should not be...)

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Samus.

Love!

UPDATE again!

Samus V2- I moved some things on her around a bit, do they look better or worse?
Samus.png

Seong Mi-na V2 Creation- Delved deeper into my favorite recreation, changed some colors, patterns and stickers.
SeongMi-na (3).png
SeongMi-na (4).png
SeongMi-na (2).png

I balanced the brightness and saturation enough in the green colors so that in battle, it shows as a dark green; that shines lustrously!

SeongMi-na (1).png

Plus my attempt at Mi-na's 2p in IV, not my favorite outfit... but seriously, if I had enough room (or a memory card I heard could do the trick) I would make ALL of her costumes!

New unnamed original- Original
CustomX (2).png
CustomX (1).png

I don't really know what to say about this one... I just made it... I'm not very good at origanals...

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 377
Genuinely thought you'd gotten that Beong-Doodah Coat DLC. Really confused me for a second there, so amazing job.

Your Mi-Na 1P got a whole lot better, and it was already one of the best! Keep going you machine you.

I love this unnamed original character. The colour scheme is nice and simple, and she's not overloaded with too many distracting details and purposeless patterns. Excellent job, I look forward to more.

I love your Cassandra recreation. Your Cassandra original is (no offense ment at all) a little funny. I imagine her in a war situation, smoking a cigar, giving advice to a cadet. "I was like you once. But this situation... this WAR! changes you". Your Samus is, indeed, epic. I like version 2 best. And your Seong Mina? Spot on, love her. (^_^)

UPDATE

Seong Mi-na (Soul Calibur I)
SeongMi-naX (1).png
SeongMi-naX (2).png
SeongMi-naX (3).png
SeongMi-naX (4).png

I tried to resist making anothe Mi-na costume, clearly I could not. This is obliviously her 1p from I, with tiny
elements from II and III considering their all very similar.

Meh Taki
Taki (3).png
Taki (2).png
Taki (1).png

A Taki I made just for the heck of it... I din't keep it... but let's not let the pic go to waste.

Talim moveset discrepency...

Anyone remember that contest Le Bello had with making a 32 year-old Talim? Well I've really been thinking about what moveset my Talim should have... I'm mean... I've discerned it to two... It very much seems that Talim of IV has been split into two newcomers of V, Viola and Z.W.E.I.. Viola's dance like movement's and basically the shape and flow of her attacks closely resembles Talim. Z.W.E.I.'s weapon and some of his attacks a similar to Talim's, but are just slower. On high level though his moveset can move pretty fast... Anyway, I've two identical Talim's with both movesets ( let's call them... Vio-lim and ZWEI-lim) and I'm unsure which most people'd prefer... Any ideas?

Take a look at these:
TonfaRef (1).png
TonfaRef (2).png

I've stuck a "tonfa" (inspiration thanks to ThePascuzzi) in the right hand of both, Vio-lim's right is the havd she slashes with so it looks BEAUTIFUL; and the tonfa in ZWEI-lim's hand looks duel-armed, plus most attack movements are fluid enough to look like both hands are involved.

I may embed a video later that shows them in action... but for now, anyone who can put in an opinion will have to go from these pics, and memory...

Thanks!

Back