Yoshimitsu Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I forgot which characters, because it has been a while...
I'm sure people have noticed how 2A+B stuns people on the ground if their hit with this move in midair.
Well try this out I haven't tested this out on all characters considering I haven't touched my game since EVO.
If you use 1k G 2A+B. After this if you quickstep to their right(I'm pretty sure its their right, if not try the other direction) you can DNK them for free and includes 3b. Its perhaps Yoshis only way of ringing people out when his backs to the edge of a ring(aside from Rainbow Drop)
The characters I remember this applying for are: Cervantes, Mitsurugi, and Astaroth(Asta hit boxes are so weird you don't even need to step you can almost always pick him up immediately after slamming him down) there was another 4-6 characters this worked on as well, but it has slipped my mind for the time being..

Not sure if this combo has been mentioned yet honestly. Its a little strange how certain things will only work on certain characters. I've noticed that some characters have the weirdest hit boxes in this game, for example how DNK won't pick up sieg,nightmare, and especially Asta after using a:bk on a midair opponent. You'll pick them up for the first hit, and then they'll completely fall to the ground unless its point blank range.

I don't know much about it all, but I think its related to how Deathcopter/SDF B will give you a free DNK + 3b on like 4 characters guaranteed(Tira, Algol, Raphael, Aeon) and Astaroth, Natsu, and Z.W.E.I. Its just weird ass hitboxes or something.
I'll make a list sometime tomorrow.

In the video could you show how the tech trap setups after launching into a:B+K works? I'm sick of having to explain it to people. I'm assuming you know about the step-forward deathcopter, 66A+B, deathcopter mixup? Other good options are 236B if they always to play dead to minimize the damage or step-in iFC3K if they always tech and JG the deathcopter. Be sure to show the options for a far launch, too. If you need me to lay everything out for you, let me know. In fact this might warrant a whole new video...

LOL of course I know these...

If you use 1k G 2A+B. After this if you quickstep to their right(I'm pretty sure its their right, if not try the other direction) you can DNK them for free and includes 3b. Its perhaps Yoshis only way of ringing people out when his backs to the edge of a ring(aside from Rainbow Drop)

1K>G>JF 4AAAAA

1K 8A will ring out also in that situation IIRC ... I mainly do it from IND stance. Or maybe it only works from IND stance :D I should stop posting now.

LOL of course I know these...
well maybe you didnt know that Asta can always right-tech everything except iFC3K, Step-in Deathcopter is inescapable for Natsu (except for tech-JG), and Pyrrha can't get hit by Deathcopter even if you step in if she just plays dead.

well maybe you didnt know that Asta can always right-tech everything except iFC3K, Step-in Deathcopter is inescapable for Natsu (except for tech-JG), and Pyrrha can't get hit by Deathcopter even if you step in if she just plays dead.

Nope game has too much character specific stuff to know all that, plus I havnt played this game in about 4 months, and Im really only trying to get the main tech traps... Ill try to throw in this knowledge as its good to know! and that makes the pyrrha match up that much more worse :( LOL thanks

How does one get out of the a:B+K~Deathcopter UB and a:B+K~236B UB set ups?
Deathcopter: play-dead (stay on the ground and don't move)
236B: tech or forward roll if not at long range.
Step-in deathcopter: forward roll

Everything can be teched and JG'd, though.

Deathcopter: play-dead (stay on the ground and don't move)
Is there any chance of it hitting Aeon if he doesn't move? I've heard that it was character specific.
236B: tech or forward roll if not at long range.
So, if at long range....I'm eating it? lol.
Step-in deathcopter: forward roll
Thank you

Everything can be teched and JG'd, though.[/quote]
This particular skill in the "tech and JG" department I have yet to get a handle on.

Is there any chance of it hitting Aeon if he doesn't move? I've heard that it was character specific.

Yeah it'll hit some characters sometimes, but it's spacing dependent and inconsistent.

So, if at long range....I'm eating it? lol.
nah I meant you can't forward roll it at range. You can always tech it.

So I was practicing today and found out that if you CH 3+BK and MCF they will fly a little bit more in to the air. And if you can RCC fast enough, go in to an a:BK string. It isn't as tough as iMCF>a:BK and 3+BK is around 40 damage I think, so it gives you another option at least.

^um, (CH) 3B+K combos directly into a:B+K so there's no need to iMCF or RCC lol... that move is really slow though. Slightly frame traps but I don't see how you can get a CH 3B+K in outside of wall combos

It seems that 8A+B>DNK can combo for certain characters. Characters it works on:Raphael,Aeon,Tira,Dampierre, Astaroth and Algol. Sadly these characters are all uncommon, but it is worth remembering if you want do do 10 More DAM with the added ability to RO. But like RingOut said Astaroth is weird and sometimes it works against him, sometimes not. I couldnt get it to work on Natsu and ZWEI though.

Here is a combo (ending with an UB tech trap) I came up with.. don't know if someone has done it before and not sure if it can be air controlled out of.. if so I apologize. sorry about the poor recording and editing just used my phone...

Here is a combo (ending with an UB tech trap) I came up with.. don't know if someone has done it before and not sure if it can be air controlled out of.. if so I apologize. sorry about the poor recording and editing just used my phone...

I've done it in practice a while ago, but I find it really situational. I'm pretty sure DGF A hitting an airborne enemy
is not air controllable.

Sometimes the DGF A wallsplat doesn't hit for me, so positioning is a bit iffy. Still, it's a good combo, just rather situational.

If DGF A had the same CH properties from SCIV, it'd be great imho. However, it doesn't since this is SCV. Hence, it doesn't do much for me. If I'm ever to use this move, it'd be for when I'm back turned.....but then I'm gonna assume that peeps love to JG, GI, or duck it. If not, then I can smile all day.

I kinda find it gimmicky. You could just DGF A > DGF K, but sadly that's all you'll get. However, the GC properties from DGF A sounds like something I could explore a bit. Aside from that, it just stuns and that's it.

Back