Yoshimitsu Namu Combos

Well this update could set up more mind games... If you do a:B+K and they start teching it to the left after then just go into moves that catch tech left! poof a:B+K back in action... I wonder if it still has the same RO properties?

I had the same thing in mind. You could a:b+k then run right up to them and if they tech just hit them with 3b and they will eat a lot of damage (does extra to teching people). I mean you can always mix that up with 6k, or a:b+k just mess with their teching/waking game.

I'm not sure if anyone posted this one up, so tell me if it has.
DGFa (CH), b, 3b, a:B+K, 66b

I don't know the damage off the top of my head.

here are the new damage options for a:b+k in the 1.03 patch. a:b+k by itself is 24 dmg. i'm only saying that because i don't remember what it was prior to the patch.

a:b+k...

3b = 34 dmg
1b = 34 dmg
2a+b_[a+b] = 39 dmg
66b_ = 43 dmg
imcf, 3b, 6k = 60 dmg
imcf, 3ab, 6k = 65 dmg

I'm sorry, but I don't know wtf b&b isl I'm kind of new to SC, along with this community.

i didn't catch this before my last post...

i wasn't trying to sound like an asshole, i was just telling you... maybe you should read the thread first, because it's a common juggle and it's been posted. kudos for finding it yourself, but it's been known.

here are the new damage options for a:b+k in the 1.03 patch. a:b+k by itself is 24 dmg. i'm only saying that because i don't remember what it was prior to the patch.

a:b+k...

3b = 34 dmg
1b = 34 dmg
2a+b_[a+b] = 39 dmg
66b_ = 43 dmg
imcf, 3b, 6k = 60 dmg
imcf, 3ab, 6k = 65 dmg

So you didnt try just finishing with a:B+K and seeing what it was?

try a:B+K, iMCF , 3B+K:B, a:B+K see how much that damage is for a brother would ya ? lol dont try to finish with the 66B just hit the a:B+K

a:b+k, imcf, 3b, a:b+k = 55dmg
a:b+k, imcf, 3ab, a:b+k = 60 dmg

i could not, for the life of me, get 3b+k:b to hit. i literally got it to connect 3 times, one of the times i didn't hit the jf, the other times i missed the a:b+k by a little bit. the timing on that is either ridiculous, or the imcf needs to be done at a certain time to keep the opponent from going off-axis.

a:b+k, imcf, 3b+k:b = 62 dmg

personally, i'll stick with imcf 3ab... it's definitely more reliable (for me, anyways). i'll keep trying, but it's pretty irritating seeing yoshi's sword completely go through the opponent.

update:
immediately after i made this post i hit it. lol, wtf.

a:b+k, imcf, 3b+k:b, a:b+k = 66dmg

totally not worth it, but hardcore style points for 4 jf's in a row. again, i'll stick to 3ab...

Thanks tribal... Updates here now i can test ;)

I found out something new even though i thought i knew everything with him.... doesnt help much but it looks cool you can cancel 22_88B by pushing G and it goes straight into INT stance.... Looks fluid could fool veterans that wait around for his mindgames....

22_88B , G INT

another thing... 33_99K a:B+K 66B seems untechable.... even if they tech it hits them...

33K is not that great, I find. 3B is the better whiff punisher, and 66B is safer (even on whiff since you can go to INT).

I'm not even connected to Xbox Live yet so I don't have the patch, but I found something yesterday and was wondering if it's still intact.

In 1.02, after any launch, it is possible to land the entire door knocker series, guaranteed. You have to connect it right as they hit the ground, but it's plenty doable with practice.

If this still works in 1.03, then I think it will be his new B&B. It only does 1-3 less damage than 6K and is awesome for wakeup games. Plus you can take a guaranteed 3B if they don't pull off the JF tech...CH 3B, Door Knocker, 3B does 69-70 damage. The old combo was 77 so things may not be as bad as people thought!

-Josh

Yes you can finish any combo with doorknockers... well just about... and yes you have to time it... better off just going with 6K...

and i wasnt saying 33_99K was that great i was just letting you know the combo is still around gees Pretty sure if you can hit it off that you can hit it with other things...

I mean 33_99K is for sidesteping whiffs anyways? so it has its uses yes , would i throw it out there at random ? no... course not...

3B would not be a better whiff punisher then 33K if you could hit them with 33K its worth it as long as they whiffed... but online they would prolly be blocking already by the time you got it off , offline you could punish whiffs with 33K effectively.... The damage is niceee specially if they tech...

Try these:

CH a:b+k, iMCF, 22_88B, 3ab, 6k = 70 dmg
CH a:b+k, iMCF, 22_88B, 3ab, 2[a+b], 6[6] = 71 dmg (exc. Amy, Scheherezade, X, Talim)

Untechable in all directions. If they hold any direction, rather than staying still or only holding guard, when the 2[a+b] hits them they will take full damage from the POGO rush. The damage is then 63 + 33~35. Guaranteed.

After the POGO rush Yoshi is left in a pretty strong position. 1b seems to be uninterruptable and will hit them if they lie still or roll in any direction. If they tech they must block or GI it, it cannot be sidestepped or backdashed if executed fast enough.

GGs

New combo lol 33_99K into pretty high wall stun into RAINBOW DROP! lol

33_99K W! 236A+G easy and good damage...

New combo lol 33_99K into pretty high wall stun into RAINBOW DROP! lol

33_99K W! 236A+G easy and good damage...

Its 33_99K , W!, Throw Attempt

Nothing guaranteed unless you get their back.

Have to time it so basically you're grabbing their head as they're sliding down. Like he said, you have to get a pretty high wall stun. Anything below about max range on the knee, and the opponent slides down too fast.

Its 33_99K , W!, Throw Attempt

Nothing guaranteed unless you get their back.

Have to time it so basically you're grabbing their head as they're sliding down. Like he said, you have to get a pretty high wall stun. Anything below about max range on the knee, and the opponent slides down too fast.

its a combo... everyone in here knows you can break throws... I dont have to say throw attempt as i'm not doing any throw i'm doing Rainbow Drop and it doesnt have to be Max range... I do this combo all the time you just have to watch where they hit the wall at and adjust from there...

Please come up with some combos to contribute to the thread instead of knitpicking....

its a combo... everyone in here knows you can break throws... I dont have to say throw attempt as i'm not doing any throw i'm doing Rainbow Drop and it doesnt have to be Max range... I do this combo all the time you just have to watch where they hit the wall at and adjust from there...

Please come up with some combos to contribute to the thread instead of knitpicking....

1st of all, By definition, its not a combo. If CH 6B into bA is not a combo, why is this wall throw considered one?

2nd, you really should say "Throw Attempt" because you came off as if there was a some gameplay issue that only lets command throws hit off the wall, making rainbow drop the only throw that worked. The only part of this that is guaranteed to connect after they hit the wall is your attempt at the throw.

3rd, "i'm doing rainbow drop" , and I'm breaking A everytime i get sent into the wall, learn to adjust.

4th, All my input is still sitting on caliburforum, I just didn't repost.

1st of all, By definition, its not a combo. If CH 6B into bA is not a combo, why is this wall throw considered one?

2nd, you really should say "Throw Attempt" because you came off as if there was a some gameplay issue that only lets command throws hit off the wall, making rainbow drop the only throw that worked. The only part of this that is guaranteed to connect after they hit the wall is your attempt at the throw.

3rd, "i'm doing rainbow drop" , and I'm breaking A everytime i get sent into the wall, learn to adjust.

4th, All my input is still sitting on caliburforum, I just didn't repost.

LoL because its the combo i want... I'm not doing any throw attempt, I'm doing rainbow drop yes i know it can be broke with A, I'd LOVE to play you... ;)

People say its a combo because it is... 6B isnt a combo because almost anyone can break the stun... throw attempts as you like to say are pretty much guaranteed off this move because Well NOBODY throws off of walls with yoshi.... it just doesnt happen

if it will make you happy we can not call it a combo and you can stop crying now ;) k?
oh new THROW ATTEMPT MIX_UP UBER PAWNESS by the way....

CH DGF A into DGF "throw attempt" if it hits... 96 damage... off of a cake move...

since it is a throw out of stance it takes more damage off and this would be one of the strongest easiest combos yoshi has if it wasnt a "Throw Attempt" so if you dont want to try it for that reason i completely understand ;) but if you realize like me that a throw is just about guaranteed off of weird stuns where people dont expect it and you want the BIG damage with wake ups right after then you should try these "throw attempts out"

You should goto the cassy forums and tell them about there combo section too since they have MANY "throw attempts" on there and are actually calling them combos, since you want to correct this problem...

throw attempts as you like to say are pretty much guaranteed off this move because Well NOBODY throws off of walls with yoshi.... it just doesnt happen

CH DGF A into DGF "throw attempt" if it hits... 96 damage... off of a cake move...

since it is a throw out of stance it takes more damage off and this would be one of the strongest easiest combos yoshi has if it wasnt a "Throw Attempt" so if you dont want to try it for that reason i completely understand ;) but if you realize like me that a throw is just about guaranteed off of weird stuns where people dont expect it and you want the BIG damage with wake ups right after then you should try these "throw attempts out"

Throws are i17 and easily breakable on reaction.

That being said, I use DGF A into throw all the time. What I DONT use is DGF A into Rainbow Drop all the time. Matter of fact, the majority of times that I ever grab someone (decent) with yoshi, they break A, much like whenever anybody gets grabbed by astaroth, the smartest break is B(early in the battle , i'll take my 60 over 85+wakeup).

Don't get me wrong, this is an excellent find, as I wasnt aware yoshi had any moves that pushed into the wall correctly to lead to a throw. But like you just said, its a MIX UP, and I was somewhat disappointied by this because you got my hopes up when I came here and read it as a combo when using rainbow.

Back